Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2005, 20:05   #1
Resident Waffler

Lost Cat

Our cat, Bracken, has gone missing today. She was due to go to the cattery as we are all going to be away for a few days. If anyone finds her please could they look after her until we come back?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bracken1.jpg (50.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (142.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Image2.jpg (89.2 KB, 18 views)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-08-2005, 20:29   #2
God Member

Re: Lost Cat

I'll keep my eye open for her Willow, I'm up and down Willows Lane often enough. Is she friendly we're she'll go to strangers?
Old 31-08-2005, 20:37   #3
God Member

Will look out for her willow, I live infront of Mount Carmel school, actually I'm sure I have seen her before. She looks like my cat that went missing last year, so that's why i think i have seen her knocking about (I just take notice of cats, I love em).

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2005, 21:12   #4
Passed away 25-11-09

I do hope she turns up. I'd say I'd look out for her but I doubt she'll travel this far.

Isn't it funny, they always know when they are going in the cattery? We used to have a beautiful, lovable, neutered ginger tom called Murphy. We had a caravan at that time and used to go away a lot so Murphy went to the local cat and dog kennels where, incidentally, he had been born (kitten of Keegan and Shankley - the kennel cats). The little b****r always disappeared an hour before he was due to go. He would hide under bushes in the garden or under beds upstairs.

Just an account of a little incident - we put him in the kennels once and called to pick him up on the way home. My husband saw him in a large cage and went in and got him. Instead of the usual head-rubbing and the "Oh I'm pleased to see you" purring, he was carrying a squirming, annoyed cat when he came to the office. "I don't know what's wrong with him", says Colin. "No, you wouldn't", says the kennel maid who comes in carrying the real Murphy in her arms. "That's Shankley, his dad".

Fingers crossed Bracken comes home safe and sound, Willow.
Old 31-08-2005, 21:15   #5
Give, give, give member

My brother lives at the other side of the clough to Willows Lane I've just sent him and the kids the pictures of Bracken as well.

Fingers crossed.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2005, 22:01   #6
Resident Waffler

Unfortunately she's very timid with strangers. I just hate the thought of going away tomorrow with her missing but we are going to a family wedding down south.

Old 31-08-2005, 22:04   #7
God Member

There's still time for her coming home yet Willow, I hope she does
Old 31-08-2005, 22:37   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

hope she turns up willow,will keep an eye out,love cats meself.
Old 04-09-2005, 15:52   #9
Resident Waffler

Smile Re: Lost Cat

Well, we had to go away for the weekend with Bracken still missing and no sign or her when we got back yesterday.

However I am delighted to say that a somewhat thinner and sorrier looking pussycat has just materialised in a neighbour's outhouse! Don't know how long she'd been there before she was spotted or where else she's been in between but she was very hungry and thirsty.

We are just so pleased to have her home again. She must have wondered where on earth we'd disappeared to when we weren't here for days.

Old 04-09-2005, 16:04   #10
I am Banned

Im up this end an all so will keep an eye out for her
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 16:30   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp

However I am delighted to say that a somewhat thinner and sorrier looking pussycat has just materialised in a neighbour's outhouse!

Glad to hear she's home safe Willow

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
Im up this end an all so will keep an eye out for her

I'm only just able to open my eyes without a pair of sun glasses on ........ oh my head!!!
Old 04-09-2005, 17:28   #12
land of hope and glory

http://www.rathergood.com/looking/ AND I JUST FOUND THIS FOR YOU WILLOW?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 18:16   #13

I'm so pleased that she's turned up again safe and well. I lost both of my cats this year, so I know exactly what you were going through while you didn't know where she was. I'm so pleased that you've been reunited.
Old 04-09-2005, 18:20   #14
I am Banned

Yeh me too Willow besides if u trust me to spot something u is guarenteed i'd miss it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Glad to hear she's home safe Willow

Oh i know the feeling lol

I'm only just able to open my eyes without a pair of sun glasses on ........ oh my head!!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 19:46   #15
Resident Waffler

Thanks folks. She is being very quiet and I'm hoping she's OK. A little while ago she slipped when trying to jump onto something and hasn't tried again. Maybe it's just because she hasn't eaten for a few days and isn't quite herself.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..