Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2008, 18:50   #16
God Member

Re: Local police 'safety purge'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
Glad Police are booking motorists who don't pay Tax, Insurance, don't wear seat belts, use a mobile phone whilst driving, have defective tyres, etc its not hitting the motorist unfairly just making sure they obey the law

You are right but where do you think some of those offences rank in the list of seriousness compared to non-traffic crimes ?
Old 29-09-2008, 19:14   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You are right but where do you think some of those offences rank in the list of seriousness compared to non-traffic crimes ?
agree, makes me wonder if kit cat is a motorist.
Old 29-09-2008, 19:16   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
agree, makes me wonder if kit cat is a motorist.
Or in the police force!
Old 29-09-2008, 19:19   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Well not having insurance I believe is a criminal offence.
Using a mobile phone is more dangerous than driving while under the influence of drink or drugs.
Defective tyres are dangerous to all.and driving a car with no M.O.T.could be fatal.

Not to bothered about the seat belts.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 19:25   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
Glad Police are booking motorists who don't pay Tax, Insurance, don't wear seat belts, use a mobile phone whilst driving, have defective tyres, etc its not hitting the motorist unfairly just making sure they obey the law

I take it you are not a driver then Kitkat.....?
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 19:34   #21

OK. Margaret - Why warn people. They are breaking the law. If us drivers all did the right thing then the police would be able to spend time on real criminals -or do real criminals not drive.
I am sure that if you had your car written off with an uninsured driver you would be telling the police to go and catch real criminals and not the person who had just hit you.
Old 29-09-2008, 19:35   #22
God Member

I am a driver and completely agree with them hitting the illegal motorist... and when I say that I am thinking lack of insurance being my main issue...how annoyed do you feel when someone does get done for no insurance then only gets a relatively small fine in comparison to how much car insurance costs!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 19:41   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
I take it you are not a driver then Kitkat.....?
I am and I think they are doing the right thing.

The only issue I have with it is why the campaign on these things. They should be stopping the illegal drivers all the time.
Old 29-09-2008, 19:46   #24
God Member

I'm a driver and a law abiding one at that. I actually take the view drink drivers should be jailed. What I was getting at is how come they always seem to find the resorces to have purges on drivers yet many other crimes from nuisance yobs to more serious crimes always seem to have no resources. When my 12 yr old daughter was set upon by one of the local thugs at 8.30pm a few months ago how long do you think it took the police to turn up, the answer, they didn't,they kept ringing up to cancel because they didn't have enough resource. We eventually had to make an appointment to see them at 5.30pm the next day.
Old 29-09-2008, 19:51   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I am and I think they are doing the right thing.

The only issue I have with it is why the campaign on these things. They should be stopping the illegal drivers all the time.
They don't bother with illegal parking or obstructing pavements, that appears to be the job of traffic wardens. The job of recording tax and insurance on cars is the domain of the DVLA so why not let them get on with it and let the police do other crime ?

Maybe I'm being too logical
Old 29-09-2008, 20:01   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider61 View Post
OK. Margaret - Why warn people. They are breaking the law. If us drivers all did the right thing then the police would be able to spend time on real criminals -or do real criminals not drive.
I am sure that if you had your car written off with an uninsured driver you would be telling the police to go and catch real criminals and not the person who had just hit you.
With this warning you will make sure that you observe the rules (for a few weeks at least)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 22:09   #27
God Member

don't forget that the majority of these police are the road traffic cops, so their main role is dealing with drivers!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 22:14   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider61 View Post
then why dont they clamp down on UNINSURED DRIVERS? i have no problem with that, nor with people using mobiles when driving, as fer seatbelts, bulbs out, thats trivial to me, n much more serious stuff , they can persue.
Old 29-09-2008, 22:19   #29
God Member

Always amazes me that traffic offences aren't seen as worth spending time on. These plonkers are breaking the law, get fed up of watching them chatting away on their mobiles completely oblivious to what is happening around them!! Maybe it takes a fatality for these offences to be deemed dangerous but can't see anything wrong in targetting drivers who are committing offences.
Before I get asked no I am not a driver but I am a pedestrian whos life could be put in danger because SOME drivers disregard the laws put there for ALL our protection
Old 29-09-2008, 22:25   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

dont think anyones saying that bernie, some offences are very dangerous n should be treated strictly, its when you get n awkward ****** that does ya fer a brake light out, when ya wern't even aware of it, that motorists get brassed off with, as i can testify.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..