Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2008, 22:09   #31

Exclamation Re: McDonalds to hand out diplomas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
The diploma isn't aimed at the basic stuff though cashy. It's to with learning the skills of finance, hr and other managerial functions. They aren't going to get a diploma for serving burgers or cleaning the bogs
But wouldn't that be discrimination against the front line troops at maccyds? Having a son who got a real degree from uni but paid some of his way thru working at a maccyd know that some management arent always as bright as this scheme may suggest!
Accrington Web
Old 29-01-2008, 22:37   #32
Resting in Peace

Re: McDonalds to hand out diplomas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I think it's an excellent idea. Of course it isn't about how to put together a burger. It's about people management and running a business. You can do business studies at college but what's wrong with a company financing the training of their own workforce?

If I was a prospective employer I too would view someone with this qualification as a more likely candidate than someone without.
Exactly Willow, know I have said this in another thread, but my lad worked at McDonalds whilst at school taking his A-levels, and cannot fault the discipline, assessments, attention to uniform, 'rules' () they laid down, plus a certificate in Health and Safety. Taught him plenty about how to fit in with a team and respect for the Managers, plus very fair with their needs too e.g.. always made sure they got home OK after a late shift (which my son always had to do).

I feel sure this diploma, like you, will sit well with other prospective employers, although I am sure McDonalds would not wish them to move on after attaining same, but encourage them to stay within the group and move up.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..