Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2005, 15:48   #1

Question men!!!

ok this seems to be a common thing for me... a guy shows interest, he askes me on a date, he cancells before said date and i never hear from him again!! can anybody help.... is it me or them???
Old 23-08-2005, 15:55   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: men!!!

Ok come to the Accyweb meeting on the 27th at 7 - 30pm in the STAG inn at Church and we can talk about it and (thats a date)
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 15:56   #3
God Member

OH NO babe he didn't!! .......... is this the one we were waiting for a text from?

I have a solution for you ... YOU cancel the date before they do ......... hope this helps
Old 23-08-2005, 15:58   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
OH NO babe he didn't!! .......... is this the one we were waiting for a text from?

I have a solution for you ... YOU cancel the date before they do ......... hope this helps
lol...yes he did... sent me a lovely text saying he was trying to play it cool but couldnt wait any longer and really really wanted to take me out. he then sent me a text the next day saying something had come up and he wouldnt be able to make it...this was friday and i havent heard a peep since!!
Old 23-08-2005, 16:00   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Ok come to the Accyweb meeting on the 27th at 7 - 30pm in the STAG inn at Church and we can talk about it and (thats a date)
lol..ill try my best. my best friend and my ex are trying to drag me out to celebrate my birthday so i may only be able to stay a while if i can manage to talk them into going.
Old 23-08-2005, 16:02   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I think this has happened to most of us at some point Gem. At least he cancelled and didn't stand you up. I remember something similar happening to me once. I pretended that he'd had a serious accident.......Hehehe, made me feel better...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 16:19   #7

as long as its them and not me then!!! lol
Old 23-08-2005, 16:22   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny gem
he then sent me a text the next day saying something had come up and he wouldnt be able to make it

Maybe he was embarrssed and might re-arrnge the date when it's gone down

His loss chick!! There's plenty more fish in the sea ..... omg was that my mum typing
Old 23-08-2005, 16:23   #9
God Member

Oh dear gem..............................text himand tell him that you had a lovely time on the date, as he didn't turn up, you actually went on your own and met a lovely bloke there, really good looking, charming, loaded and he is the most lovely man you have ever met. Then thank him and say " if it wasn't for you cancelling our date, I wouldn't have met this lovely guy, so thankyou so much".
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 16:27   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Maybe he was embarrssed and might re-arrnge the date when it's gone down

His loss chick!! There's plenty more fish in the sea ..... omg was that my mum typing

lol...ah mums...arent they great, full of brilliant advise like that!!! and seeing as though its national fishing week....best get my fly fishing book out...hmm j.r. hartley here i come!!! lol
Old 23-08-2005, 16:30   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
lol..ill try my best. my best friend and my ex are trying to drag me out to celebrate my birthday so i may only be able to stay a while if i can manage to talk them into going.
PLEASE bring your friends along they will be made welcome
Old 23-08-2005, 16:45   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
PLEASE bring your friends along they will be made welcome
ill try my best...it is my birthday after all..they should bow to my demands!!! ahem i mean if i ask nicely... lol
Old 23-08-2005, 16:54   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
ill try my best...it is my birthday after all..they should bow to my demands!!! ahem i mean if i ask nicely... lol
good it will be nice to meet you and your friends even if its just for 1 drink
as its your birhday (as long as it comes up on accyweb birthdays) i will buy you a drink promise
Old 23-08-2005, 19:02   #14
God Member

There maybe a perfectly good reason Shiny Gem, he might be thinking treat em mean keep em keen! Alternatively he may have been a bit drunk and therefore had the courage to ask, then lost his bottle.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 19:09   #15
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Or......he may be just a git.... I would go with Slinky's suggestion and text him anyway, say that you took yourself out, had a brilliant time and met the man of your dreams.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..