Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2006, 23:40   #46
Resident Waffler

Re: Milnshaw Park

That's another thing. There are all these signs about dog littering fines but does anyone ever get fined for not pooper scooping?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-12-2006, 01:24   #47
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
That's another thing. There are all these signs about dog littering fines but does anyone ever get fined for not pooper scooping?
Anyone caught leaving that disgusting dangerous mess, should have their noses rubbed in it after a good 'peppering' it's just downright laziness, if you have a pet of any type accept the responsibilities that go with it.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2006, 10:50   #48
Resting in Peace

What made me smile is that on the HBC website re. Milnshaw Park, even they have put an old photograph of the flower beds entitled 'Times Past - Milnshaw Park Floral Display' .. not even cheating by pretending 'tis now .. what's the point ?:- (or maybe they are trying to stir us up to speak ?)

times_Past_-_Milnshaw_Park_Floral_Displays.gif

However, there is an on-line survey you can do there .. whether will help or not .. who knows?

Park

Do they have a 'Friends of the Park'? not entirely sure how much influence this body has .. perhaps Neil can fill us in here.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2006, 11:16   #49
God Member

Thanks Katex, i've filled the Hyndburn parks user survey

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2006, 11:33   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ta katex ive filled it in- for what good it,ll do,but you gotta try.
Old 28-12-2006, 11:47   #51
Senior Member+

I have also filled out the survey regarding Milnshaw park. I won't hold my breath on anything being done.
Old 28-12-2006, 14:57   #52

ive also filled out survey on milnshaw park i used to go there with my grandparents in the 70s what a nice clean park it was
Old 28-12-2006, 23:15   #53

I have been to Milnshaw Park on a few occasions but sadly it is not what it used to be. I grew up around the Oak Hill Park area and spent many a day there as a child. It is sad to see how this park has become vandalised and damaged over the years. The bandstand is now no longer there. The birds and small animals that were once there have now gone. On a better note though the bowling green and tennis courts are looked after and still used. The council have also spent some money on the playground which is used. Is it any wonder that the young people of today have nothing to do other than hang around on street corners!
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2006, 23:22   #54
Resident Waffler

I used to love the paddling pools as a child. It's such a shame we don't have those now. And fountains! Fountains sound lovely on a hot summer's day.

Old 28-12-2006, 23:32   #55
God Member

Quote:
I agree about the community service too. There must be plenty of fit young layabouts who get fines for one thing or another that they never intend to pay - a bit of park cleaning instead would do them and the parks the world of good. You can bet it probably infringes their human rights or something though.
but what about the psychological damage you will be doing to the youngsters self esteem surley you know its no longer permitted to say NO to a child
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2006, 02:15   #56

aagh what is the world coming too! Maybe if people were actually punished for their actions they might think twice next time (but according to police stats, I could be wrong!)
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 15:29   #57

Community service is standard operating procedure around here. We also use inmates, (those convicted of white collar and other non-violent crimes). They are often seen picking up trash along the highways, working in parks and cleaning government office buildings, etc....dressed in prison garb and under the supervision of an armed guard or two.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 15:34   #58
Resident Waffler

We saw that somewhere where we went on holiday and commented that we could do with it over here.

Old 30-12-2006, 18:12   #59
Resting in Peace

Quote:
We saw that somewhere where we went on holiday and commented that we could do with it over here.
Well, coincidentally Willow, seems there is as reported in the Accrington Observer this week:-

offenders
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 01:26   #60
Senior Member+

We have the same system here in Tenerife. The inmates of the local prison clean the roadsides and such. A good plan, I think. I also remember, when I lived in Malta, that the unemployed had to work for their version of the local council. No work, no cash.

I wonīt go on and ruin the thread, but I must mention that my fatherīs sister, Florence, was drowned, aged three, in the paddling pool at Milnshaw Park. He often mentioned her and her death gave him bad dreams for all of his life.

Happen itīs as well that it doesnīt work now........at least without adult supervision.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..