Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2010, 15:57   #136
Senior Member+

Re: Moat - end of story

teehee!!
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-07-2010, 16:05   #137
Give, give, give member

There's a petition to rename St. James' Park as St. Raul's Moat.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 16:06   #138
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
A few bunches of flowers from a garage forecourt, fair enough.

But it's getting ridiculous now.

Interflora shares have gone up,

Buy, Buy, Buy!

Sorry thought we were on your caption competition thread!

Last edited by Less; 13-07-2010 at 16:10.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 16:24   #139
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Interflora shares have gone up,

Buy, Buy, Buy!

Sorry thought we were on your caption competition thread!

if they had spent less on flowers perhaps they could have bought a better coffin, it looks very cheap and tacky amongst all those flowers

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 17:15   #140
God Member

I've just realised where this piccy came from....I originally thought the thing in the middle was Dr Who's Tardis.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 17:32   #141
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I'm afraid we're going to have to take you off the case, for keeping sloppy notes.

Her name was Wynne Darwin.

JULIET BRAVO
Stephanie Turner played Jean Darblay, Juliet Bravo
A female officer taking charge of a police station? It seems odd now that such an issue would be thought worthy of its own TV series – but it was in the 1980s. Fascinating fact: The series was based on the real-life experiences of Wynne Darwin, a female inspector with the Lancashire police.
Who's top of the cops? The search for TV's greatest detective | Mail Online

BBC - BBC Four Programmes - Call the Cops, Juliet Bravo

My notes were in shorthand - which was always a guide to proving that they were recorded contemporaneously. Your observations however are spot on. My dropping an 'e' instead of the usual 'h' is therefore perhaps forgiveable in the circumstances!

Last edited by Stumped; 13-07-2010 at 17:37.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 17:32   #142
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Could it be the same one as the rest of us?

Maybe, just maybe, there had been a good side to this guy?

I can't from the bullshine put forward from the 'press' and folk on here, see where it was, but before all that brought him into the media's eye, perhaps there was something that was worthwhile about him?

Nope, I'm fighting against myself here,

I haven't seen anything, I can't believe I'm typing this, except for the metaphor about not speaking ill about the dead.

Whatever he did, he won't do again, why are we being so vicious?

Like with Fred West and other swine, the memory will recede for us, but not for those involved or his relatives, at least we aren't expected to lay a wreath as a memorial.

Let's just hope it will be a long time before such danger is allowed out of prison onto the streets again.

O.K. it will probably be less than a fortnight, before something else like this happens. But the press will only be there if it's 'exciting'.

Less, you are right.......there are elements of light and dark in all of us.
The media want to demonise and sensationalise the daily doings of this man, for the simple reason...it sells papers.

It is sad for his family, however dysfunctional they may have been (according to the media), they were still his family and they have lost someone that while, they may have at times felt angry/irritated/frustrated with...he was still their flesh and blood.

He was a deranged man.....something that might have been to do with his use of steroids(allegedly) and this should have been spotted long before he left prison.

He will be being judged by his maker...and that is enough.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 17:57   #143
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Less, you are right.......there are elements of light and dark in all of us.
The media want to demonise and sensationalise the daily doings of this man, for the simple reason...it sells papers.

It is sad for his family, however dysfunctional they may have been (according to the media), they were still his family and they have lost someone that while, they may have at times felt angry/irritated/frustrated with...he was still their flesh and blood.

He was a deranged man.....something that might have been to do with his use of steroids(allegedly) and this should have been spotted long before he left prison.

He will be being judged by his maker...and that is enough.
Should have been spotted long before he left prison Margaret, this is Great Britain 2010, wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference if they'd have thought he was a raving lunatic (which obviously he was) do you honestly thing the dogood brigade would have aloud anything to be don't once he'd done his time, they'd have been shouting from the roof tops HE HAS RIGHTS YOU KNOW
Old 13-07-2010, 17:58   #144
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
My dropping an 'e' instead of the usual 'h' is therefore perhaps forgiveable in the circumstances!

You can get banged up, nevermind banged to rights, for dropping an E.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDMA

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 18:11   #145
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Should have been spotted long before he left prison Margaret, this is Great Britain 2010, wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference if they'd have thought he was a raving lunatic (which obviously he was) do you honestly thing the dogood brigade would have aloud anything to be don't once he'd done his time, they'd have been shouting from the roof tops HE HAS RIGHTS YOU KNOW
If they had spotted that he was mentally unbalanced, then it was their duty to do something about it...they have a duty of care...and it would have been better if he had been sectioned under the mental health act rather than let a ticking time bomb out into the wider community.

But, ah, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Old 13-07-2010, 18:46   #146
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If they had spotted that he was mentally unbalanced, then it was their duty to do something about it...they have a duty of care...and it would have been better if he had been sectioned under the mental health act rather than let a ticking time bomb out into the wider community.

But, ah, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
How many nutcases seem perfectly okay one day then a raving lunatic the next, especially if they don't take their meds
Old 13-07-2010, 19:38   #147
Beacon of light

Yes, you are right, but the prison officers had him for more than one day...they must have had some knowledge of his volatility....and they should have pointed this out to the relevant authority...but as I say hindsight......too late now, for the dead man, the blinded policeman, the ex girlfriend, and also for Moat, who himself, was a victim of the media circus.
Old 15-07-2010, 13:05   #148
God Member

There are two sides to every story-

Side one - the murderer - he was murdering woman-beating bully

Side two - the victim - he was a person whose previous good nature was altered by pharmacutical drugs taken to achieve a body image which has been plugged as desirable by the media.

I think both sides are correct. I align with neither - I observe both.
Which 'side' you align with depends on your own individual perspective based on your life experience.

If you choose just to observe, as I do, you can understand the reasoning behind both sides, and make no judgement about which is right or wrong.
After all - nobody on here ever knew him, so reserving judgement is the best option.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 14:52   #149
God Member

Quote:
Agnes Hornsby, Miss Stobbart’s grandmother, told how her granddaughter would come and stay with her in Gateshead when Moat’s violence became too much.

“He's got a violent temper," she said. Once he loses his temper he lashes out, of course she was always the nearest one and then she used to come here.

“He split her head open one night. From what she told me he threw her against a wall and jumped on her stomach.

“He always said if he couldn't have her then nobody else could."

Recalling an occasion last year, she said: “He threatened us with a gun when she was here, all because she'd put on her Facebook that she was going out with a friend.
theres plenty more about this pathetic creatures life and none of it is nice so all these people that feel the slightest bit of sympathy for this animal need to read up a little and learn that he was pure scum and shoudl have been put down a long time ago.He had no previous good nature he ruled over his gorlfriend with violence and fear for 6 years before he was sent to prison and the steroids only fueld his already there violent nature

theres no conspiracey and theres no cover up.The guy was a threat to anyone within teh range of a bullet by his own admission when he announced to teh world he was going to kill more people and deserved to be taken down like the rabbid animal he was.

apparently he had secret recordings he made on his mobile phone of him asking for psychiactric help and this stinks of him planning a future allabi so he can say he asked for help after he killed whoever it was he wanted to kill

the press should be praising the police for taking this filth out

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 15-07-2010 at 14:57.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 17:30   #150
Resting in Peace

Well the last two posts have put two different points of view forward, I'm sorry Margaret but I agree with accyman 100%

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..