Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2010, 12:57   #91
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Moat - end of story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
plus, do you know any house where the female is allowed to have control of the remote control(other than those where no man resides)?
What a trivial excuse for not being able to decide what is or isn't watched in your own home! Ever since the sagging tit's brigade screamed for equality, men haven't had much say either at home or elsewhere, he may be allowed to hold the control, but if he wants to hear a programme rather than her nagging in the background, he had better switch to the channel she chooses.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-07-2010, 13:01   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Yes, you are right Less...and I didn't watch the goings on in my own house, but it was on the TV as background when I went over to someone else's home....
Like Jaysay, I rarely watch the news on Tv these days....I don't watch much TV full stop.
I rely on the internet....you can choose how much or how little to view......plus, do you know any house where the female is allowed to have control of the remote control(other than those where no man resides)?
i do know another house, its about 50/50 here.
Old 11-07-2010, 14:10   #93
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
What a trivial excuse for not being able to decide what is or isn't watched in your own home! Ever since the sagging tit's brigade screamed for equality, men haven't had much say either at home or elsewhere, he may be allowed to hold the control, but if he wants to hear a programme rather than her nagging in the background, he had better switch to the channel she chooses.

No Less, not a trivial excuse at all.......my other half holds onto the remote control with the grip of a jewish miser(even when he is asleep and watching whatever is being played on the back of his eyelids).
I don't nag either, I accept that there is very little on the box that is worth nagging over....and let him have whatever he wants to watch, on the screen...but just let him dare to try and take over my internet....then the fur will fly.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 16:21   #94
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No Less, not a trivial excuse at all.......my other half holds onto the remote control with the grip of a jewish miser(even when he is asleep and watching whatever is being played on the back of his eyelids).
I don't nag either, I accept that there is very little on the box that is worth nagging over....and let him have whatever he wants to watch, on the screen...but just let him dare to try and take over my internet....then the fur will fly.
What was it that renowned Scott William Wallace said, you can take away our lives but you'll never take our Internet
Old 11-07-2010, 16:29   #95

Quote:
The famous saying is:-
Quote:
Behind every great man there's a great woman
May I be allowed to paraphrase that? (30 odd years ago I wouldn't even have to ask!).

Quote:
Behind every great man there's a woman that Grates!
Old 11-07-2010, 17:23   #96
Full Member+

Quote:
Personally I think the news coverage has, again been very intrusive, to the point of overkill(sorry, no pun intended).
There should have been a news blackout on this story.....well except for the local people, who really need to know what is going on.
This man is going to have been gloating at how he outwitted the authorities. Just what a man of his intellect needed...his ego being massaged by Sky News.
He has made the police look inept.
Or am I the only one who feels this way?
It's time that the media maggots who swarm like blowflies over everything and everybody in their rush to satisfy whatever leaning they adhere to were brought to book. I know from past experience that much valuable police time is inevitable wasted on dealing with these parasytes who are blatantly unable to accept the fact that their presence at any given major incident is both unwarranted and uneccessary, unless asked for. It is also fact that some trials have been affected by sub-judicy intervention by the media, but rarely have they been censured or brought to book for their irresponsible behaviour. Pity Moat didn't choose a reporter for target practice rather than the unfortunate police-officer who has been disfigured for life just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 17:35   #97
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Male or female, never trust an acting Chief Constable with a feather cut.

Don't tar all women police officers with the same brush. I served for a while under a woman inspector, Wynn Darwin who had more about her than many of her male counterparts. So much so that a TV series was made parallelling her career and filmed in the Rossendale Valley. Don't recall the name of the series, but I know it was well received at the time.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 17:37   #98
God Member

I see Moat's family are now critiscising the police. Does anyone recall them actually speaking to the media during the week critiscising Moat for committing murder and attempted murder ?
Old 11-07-2010, 18:16   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
sub-judicy intervention by the media,

I know at times as an ex copper you're the nearest thing we have to an official voice, (notice I didn't say accurate):-

Sub judice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You obviously did your last bit of revision before this act came into power, or maybe, because you were towards the end of your career, no longer felt the need for revision?

Quote:
Sub judice is now irrelevant to journalists because of the introduction of the Contempt of Court Act 1981. a substantial risk of serious prejudice can only be created by a media report when proceedings are active. Proceedings become active when there's an arrest, oral charge, issue of a warrant, or a summons.

Last edited by Less; 11-07-2010 at 18:20.
Old 11-07-2010, 18:32   #100
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
The famous saying is:-

May I be allowed to paraphrase that? (30 odd years ago I wouldn't even have to ask!).

Don't you mean this one Less?
Behind every dumb Shmuck there's a woman clearing up the mess

I am not a feminist, never was.....I believe that the maker of the universe made women to complement men....not to take their place.

I think your past experience with the female of the species has made you a tad cynical Less.
Old 11-07-2010, 18:40   #101

Quote:
I think your past experience with the female of the species has made you a tad cynical Less.
NOT JUST A TAD, believe me!
Old 11-07-2010, 19:02   #102
Beacon of light

Well, it was said tongue in cheek Less.
Old 11-07-2010, 20:32   #103
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Don't tar all women police officers with the same brush. I served for a while under a woman inspector, Wynn Darwin who had more about her than many of her male counterparts. So much so that a TV series was made parallelling her career and filmed in the Rossendale Valley. Don't recall the name of the series, but I know it was well received at the time.
It was a humorous post.

Hence the wink.

Though in my defence, her hair style is a shocking mess, and doesn't look very professional.

You end up watching the barnet, instead of listening to what she's saying.

True, it won't affect how she does the job, but in a position in which you are a media spokesperson, which she has been many times this past week, she should not have an apearance that is more noteworthy than what's being said.

No need to spend hours away from the investigation.

Two kirby grips, and an elastic band, would have done the job.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 20:34   #104
Give, give, give member

...and in this case, appearance does matter.

She was wearing a uniform, not sat there in a trackie and her slippers.

Old 11-07-2010, 21:18   #105
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Juliet Bravo, was the series, by the way.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..