Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2010, 00:20   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Moat - end of story

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1 View Post
Just look at the copper with his toy gun on the first photo lol ;-

BBC News - Raoul Moat: Police negotiate with man resembling gunman

Do i look good doing this ?
THats a Tasar!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-07-2010, 00:24   #32
Senior Member+

shot heard in Rothbury according to bbc
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 00:30   #33

it might end like the end sequence of butch cassidy and the sundance kid
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 00:33   #34
Senior Member+

Its definatly moat thats been hit,,,GOOD!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 10-07-2010, 00:41   #35
Senior Member+

All this could have been avoided 7 days ago if the Police had done their job properly....no matter how you judge the later stages of this...they got it very badly wrong from the start,...to my mind they are complicite in a Murder!..Heads should roll on this one!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 10-07-2010, 01:27   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1 View Post
Whats he want a fishing rod for ? He has a sawn off shot gun .
havnt you read the book

How to disarm a nutter - J.R Hartley

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:34   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
havnt you read the book

How to disarm a nutter - J.R Hartley

to disarm a nutter do you simply shot his arms off ?
sorry
Old 10-07-2010, 01:46   #38
God Member

apparently its all over

Quote:
Police said Saturday the man they suspect is the fugitive gunman they have been chasing for a week was undergoing treatment after a shot was fired in the stand-off between them.
why they didnt shoot him in the head and save a NHS bill i dont know, they had teh perfect excuse to kill and merely wounded him it seems

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 10-07-2010, 02:14   #39

he's brown bread at last,not gazza's bread,just dead

Last edited by spignific; 10-07-2010 at 02:23.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:55   #40
God Member

just read it was self inflicted so at least he didnt cost us a bullet

sted heads in a better place now then eh

away from mankind i mean

Old 10-07-2010, 07:01   #41

Jack Meadows would have sorted it 7 days ago.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:22   #42
God Member

Rothbury's MP is yet undecided wether or not to put the cleaning up of this moat on to his expenses

Old 10-07-2010, 08:35   #43
God Member

They're still milking this - one of the bbc reporters has just said he was speaking to one of Moat's ex-partners grandmother last night.... why ???? Aopparently she said he was never going to give himself up alive, no >>>> Sherlock!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:59   #44
Resting in Peace

You are awful you lot, after all a life has been lost hereWell I suppose it saves me the trouble of banging on about how we should hang the bar steward and save taxpayers money, if only all these nut jobs would do the honourable thing and shot themselves
Old 10-07-2010, 09:18   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Personally I think the news coverage has, again been very intrusive, to the point of overkill(sorry, no pun intended).
There should have been a news blackout on this story.....well except for the local people, who really need to know what is going on.
This man is going to have been gloating at how he outwitted the authorities. Just what a man of his intellect needed...his ego being massaged by Sky News.
He has made the police look inept.
Or am I the only one who feels this way?
I have to disagree. I happen to be a firm believer in the provisions and intent of the First Ammendment to the US Constitution .... you probably know what it is so I won't quote it. And that intent exists, I'm sure, in Britain, and in British law. It might not be pretty; but the alternative is a controlled and censored media.

Of course he is gloating; he has already achieved more than his alloted time of fame. But his type is hardly a rarity.

And I do not think that your police looked inept. They were in a no-win situation, playing supporting actors to a probably insane leading man. I think that the British police perform in a much more professional manner than would the kind of "shoot-'em-and-then-ask-'em questions later" inbreds that act as deputy sheriffs in Alabama, and Mounties at Vancouver Airport.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..