Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2012, 18:45   #46
Senior Member+

Re: morallity and employment

So churchfcrules do you have any moral/religious afflictions that would stop you going into certain jobs
Old 16-09-2012, 18:51   #47
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
2 reference to spelling and grammar, i am not applying for a job or writing a thesis, therefore lots of mistakes go through, also send a lot via iPhone and that can be fun too, however what does it have to do with anything, when the sentiment of what i said still got there, i am sure i have read on this forum that we dont bother about spelling and grammar, its a little petty dont you think, or as i say its just more baiting, guess we get bored when people get banned.

and it was more of a troll, questioning if it hadnt gone they way id hoped, then making up my hidden agenda

so there you go, work done for the evening, you can put your feet up now, i bit (well had a little nibble)
Had you bit, we wouldn't have the useless diatribe as seen above, you would have realised that in a long winded tongue in cheek manner I'm asking you for more input, it started off well wandered along the way (always a good sign) but was left alone to fester and die.
It needs YOU to ensure it grows into a 50 pager.
Now stop acting like a child, and get back to what you started.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 18:58   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
So churchfcrules do you have any moral/religious afflictions that would stop you going into certain jobs
see a direct question, now thats how you keep a thread alive!

dont suppose i have any that spring to mind, i was married at 18, and had 4 kids by the time i was 25, i have done some 'orrible jobs in that time, and my primary thought is, it puts shoes on my kids feet!,
i believe we all have a sell out price, as i am fond of saying we are all only 9 meals away from anarchy.

i am now in a position i can afford a little more morality, no kids left at school, only one at home, thank the heavens no grandchildren yet, so not as great a need for me to be "the breadwinner", so i could allow "ethics" to creep in more.

currently im a dj, work weekends and help people spend more of their money behind the bar, thats my job, to make people spend their cash on alcohol, which isnt good for them, or they might be spending their electric bill money, or even the shopping money, but i don't let that worry me.

however, if i was working in an ammunitions factory, that directly supplied boy soldiers in africa, i like to think that now i could say no, but when all the kids were little, i probably would have been clocking on at 6am to get some overtime in!
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 19:04   #49

Quote:
now thats how you keep a thread alive!
No it isn't the thread was dead until I poked you in the eye with a long stick, NOW, the thread is just waking up again.
Old 16-09-2012, 19:06   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Had you bit, we wouldn't have the useless diatribe as seen above, you would have realised that in a long winded tongue in cheek manner I'm asking you for more input, it started off well wandered along the way (always a good sign) but was left alone to fester and die.
It needs YOU to ensure it grows into a 50 pager.
Now stop acting like a child, and get back to what you started.
ever thought of saying the very same things without the need to try and put the other person down?

you may find it encourages less arguments, and more debate, so people they feel like they can post and keep a thread alive, instead of thinking oh i better not post if i cant be **sed checking my grammar

i will enter into a debate with anyone, who can behave like an adult, and you sir accuse me of being childish, please dont let this thread,if you believe it to have the potential to be "a 50 pager", dont let it degrade into me and you squabbling.

thats not to say keep it on thread, just drop the point scoring, no need
Old 16-09-2012, 19:10   #51
Beacon of light

Threads only stay alive while people want to post to them....and even a thread wander(which could be considered to be about morals...although not the morals of employment) will keep a thread 'live' and in some cases will even add to the general interest.
People also have lives outside of Accyweb...these can be something that gets in the way of posting....so don't be too hasty in condemning the thread starter...or for that matter those who meander the thread about a bit.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 19:11   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good post agree wi most of it, What i can't understand though is how the fact money troubles are gone/reduced etc changes a persons morality. I am retired had many jobs n a fair few were real crap, I have never considered morals only ever considered what was best fer me family, if some don't like that......tough. If yeh work fer "Any" firm, they certainly have no morals about binning yeh, family or no family "Fact" So why those who earn less than those who run these places should have morals,is beyond me. Have quite a few individual morals, but out else No-Way.
Old 16-09-2012, 19:15   #53

Quote:
ever thought of saying the very same things without the need to try and put the other person down?

you may find it encourages less arguments, and more debate, so people they feel like they can post and keep a thread alive, instead of thinking oh i better not post if i cant be **sed checking my grammar

i will enter into a debate with anyone, who can behave like an adult, and you sir accuse me of being childish, please dont let this thread,if you believe it to have the potential to be "a 50 pager", dont let it degrade into me and you squabbling.

thats not to say keep it on thread, just drop the point scoring, no need
No point scoring just look at how long the thread was left dormant until I woke you up?
instead of hating my comments work with them, I'm smiling while I type this, I hope you are, because we've got the thread going, not yet in the right direction, that's your job, but at least thank's to me it is back in action.

Don't go down the route of what is adult and what isn't, if you do you won't like what I said about your Nazis comment in another thread.
Old 16-09-2012, 19:16   #54

Well there is no money in the world that would pay me to work in an abattoir. Next time I'm in the jobcentre I'll ask em how that would affect JSA if I was offered a job in said establishment. (not that I'm claiming benefits )
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 19:17   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Good post agree wi most of it, What i can't understand though is how the fact money troubles are gone/reduced etc changes a persons morality. I am retired had many jobs n a fair few were real crap, I have never considered morals only ever considered what was best fer me family, if some don't like that......tough. If yeh work fer "Any" firm, they certainly have no morals about binning yeh, family or no family "Fact" So why those who earn less than those who run these places should have morals,is beyond me. Have quite a few individual morals, but out else No-Way.
let me expand a little cash, i didnt mean my morals standards changed, i meant my sell out point did, everyone has a sell out point

we would all do something we didnt agree with, depending on the circumstances, it doesnt mean your morals change it just means you can justify it, rid yourself of the guilt.
Old 16-09-2012, 19:20   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallop79 View Post
Well there is no money in the world that would pay me to work in an abattoir. Next time I'm in the jobcentre I'll ask em how that would affect JSA if I was offered a job in said establishment. (not that I'm claiming benefits )
guilty spent lots of time in slaughterhouses, trained as a butcher at gateways up ossy when i was 16
Old 16-09-2012, 19:24   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
let me expand a little cash, i didnt mean my morals standards changed, i meant my sell out point did, everyone has a sell out point

we would all do something we didnt agree with, depending on the circumstances, it doesnt mean your morals change it just means you can justify it, rid yourself of the guilt.
I do not honestly reckon thats correct, everyone aint got a sell out point, most may have possibly,I have probably done quite a bit i wasn't happy or agree with, But whats done is done in my book n guilt aint part of the equation to me.
Old 16-09-2012, 19:33   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I do not honestly reckon thats correct, everyone aint got a sell out point, most may have possibly,I have probably done quite a bit i wasn't happy or agree with, But whats done is done in my book n guilt aint part of the equation to me.
i have to disagree, brief example, i take it you dont agree with taking a life?

however, circumstances may change that and to save a loved one/your life, you would probably change that opinion.

and as for guilt, its part of being human, those without guilt tend to be labelled as a sociopath.

example, a normal person, driving down the road, has an accident and someone dies, even if there was nothing you coiuld do, you would still feel guilty and search for what ifs
Old 16-09-2012, 19:38   #59
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Threads only stay alive while people want to post to them....and even a thread wander(which could be considered to be about morals...although not the morals of employment) will keep a thread 'live' and in some cases will even add to the general interest.
People also have lives outside of Accyweb...these can be something that gets in the way of posting....so don't be too hasty in condemning the thread starter...or for that matter those who meander the thread about a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No point scoring just look at how long the thread was left dormant until I woke you up?
Give him a chance, he only started the thread at 11am today, since then, he may have been at work, visiting relatives, out with the dog, watching TV, enjoying a nice Sunday dinner - as Mrs P says we all have lives outside of Accyweb and he's back online now, and other folk have posted in the meantime so its not dead by any means.
Old 16-09-2012, 19:40   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
i have to disagree, brief example, i take it you dont agree with taking a life?

however, circumstances may change that and to save a loved one/your life, you would probably change that opinion.

and as for guilt, its part of being human, those without guilt tend to be labelled as a sociopath.

example, a normal person, driving down the road, has an accident and someone dies, even if there was nothing you coiuld do, you would still feel guilty and search for what ifs
Thats sod all to do wi guilt oer employment, which i assumed cos of thread, thats what we were on about.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..