Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2005, 18:21   #31
Resident Waffler

Re: Most sickening story of the week...

I don't find anything offensive in either post #18 or post #19. There are some very sensitive people about who seem to be able to take offence at absolutely nothing. I've been called "high and mighty" and "holier than thou" recently. ME ???
If anybody needs to question that they just need to ask Busman.

Anyway, you're absolutely right A-b anybody who chose to worship Chav would be a Chavian. Sounds quite good that. I wonder if anybody deducted points from Chav because of his post?

I'm a Christian as some of you may have gathered by comments in previous posts but I hope I don't wear my piety on my sleeve. People who do that make me cringe. I have certain standards and beliefs that I won't compromise but I don't try to force them on other people and if they don't try to force their values on me then we can get along merrily. If they are interested in why I believe what I believe then I will happily chat about it.

This guy obviously thinks he has some sort of divine right to enforce his views which is contradictory because although he claims to be Christian that isn't a Christian attitude. What really baffles me is how on earth anyone can justify murder as a means of preventing termination if what they have against termination is that it is murder. What makes one "murder" wrong and one right? Who gave them the right to make that judgement? Presumably they don't read the Bible they claim to follow which says that none of us should judge others.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2005, 20:59   #32

Willow I for one have never found you pious. I haven't been here that long granted, but you and the words holier than thou don't go together.

Just out of interest, if you browse this thread without logging in you get a link to this site -

http://www.hh76.com/pro_life_product...&referral_id=3
Old 27-02-2005, 21:11   #33
Member.

[QUOTE=-pixie]Willow I for one have never found you pious. I haven't been here that long granted, but you and the words holier than thou don't go together.

I have to agree neither have I Willow.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 21:18   #34
Give, give, give member

The best thing about this site, IS that there is so many different beliefs, & it's interesting to hear someone elses point of view even if you don't agree. l've found no one here pious or pompous either. The only person who scares me is A-B, only because his knowledge is so broad & vast, it makes me envious- & he finds time to find fascinating links for us to read & discuss.
Have just realised what the karma thing is, wondered why it went up & down, l thought it was if l typed too hard! Agree l will always comment if l change someones karma.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 21:28   #35
Resident Waffler

Interesting site Pixie. I couldn't resist a little browse and wonder who on earth is going to want to display :

THIS

Old 27-02-2005, 21:30   #36
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Interesting site Pixie. I couldn't resist a little browse and wonder who on earth is going to want to display :

THIS
http://www.hh76.com/pro_life_products.asp?group_id=65

most usefull
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 21:36   #37
Give, give, give member

l know what l'm asking Santa for now! But how on earth have they 'sculpted each foetus with a unique personality?'
Old 27-02-2005, 21:49   #38
Resident Waffler

The mind boggles

Old 27-02-2005, 22:10   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
But how on earth have they 'sculpted each foetus with a unique personality?'
Maybe they are having a go at playing God?

Sorry couldn't resist that one.
Old 28-02-2005, 06:48   #40
God Member

I think the infants born to mothers in the Sudan and the street children in South American cities might disagree with pro-lifers on the issue of the sanctity of life. One does not see to much evidence of them exerting themselves in the alleviation of the crushing poverty that these children have to endure. Similarly, one notes that this is an American movement, and that America has refused to ratify the Kyoto Agreement - not too much consideration for the state of the world that children are born into and will inherit either.

It strikes me that this is more to do with soothing bourgeoise guilt than concern for lives never lived.
Old 28-02-2005, 07:04   #41
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Similarly, one notes that this is an American movement, and that America has refused to ratify the Kyoto Agreement
I don't see the connection there as the former is a "movement" and as such doesn't have any control over the ratifying of the Kyoto Agreement.

It's a very scary "movement" though and how they can justify their actions even to thermselves is beyond me. I've heard animal rights protestors trying to justify letter bombs to people who have connections with scientific labs where they suspect animals are used in experiments and they seem to have the same sort of mentality. "It's OK to kill or maim somebody if they are doing something you disapprove of"

I do see your point about the children who are born in poverty and lead an existence rather than a life. Where are the campaigners and protest marchers and what have you's on their behalf?

Old 28-02-2005, 07:44   #42
Give, give, give member

l always link extreme pro-lifers with animal liberationists, both seem to attract a minority of blinkered people, who don't seem to care about suffering thats going on every day. Did l make it up, or did Oxfam recently say more people die every week in Afica, than died in the Tsunami?

Old 28-02-2005, 08:25   #43
I am Banned

oxfam will throw whatever number of deaths are needed into the air that they think will make you donate more money

the truth is less people are dying in africa because besides all the money we already send a lot of them are coming here with aids and other ilnesses which bleed our NHS system dry..

but thata a different story for another thread lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 08:35   #44
Give, give, give member

l've not seen the thosands of South African children living with AIDS/HIV waiting @ immigration the last time l was coming into Heathrow, or lining up @ Dover docks.

Old 28-02-2005, 08:46   #45
I am Banned

if i had aids and was starving the last thing i would be thinking of would be bringing another life into this world

perhaps we should just send durex over and a few microwave meals

the reason why they dont get seen queing up at heathrow is because they dont need to, they get their own plane provided by our govenment to fetch and carry them

its not as though they can afford a first class ticket with british airways is it now lol

edit:

to be quite honest ime sick to my back teeth of seeing and hearing about unfortunates in other countries we have our own problems and i am not alone in thinking this

if were not paying taxes to treat these people we are constantly getting hounded by the media and the likes of oxfam to put our hands even further into our pockets to help solve a problem the isnt realy any of our concern

perhaps if we stopped sending aid over all the time they might actualy do somthing about it themselves

since this thread is supposed to be about religeon why dont we send them bibles and let them pray for help and let god sort them out

Last edited by chav1; 28-02-2005 at 08:56.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..