Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2005, 09:05   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: Most sickening story of the week...

WE took bibles when we took their diamonds/ gold/ minerals., etc.
Condoms would be useful.
We unfortunatly can't decide what percentages of our taxes are spent on what, personally l'm not keen on paying for Burberry clad babies to be pushed around by work shy parents, but l'll learn to live with it.
Other than that charity is a choice.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2005, 10:25   #47
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
WE took bibles when we took their diamonds/ gold/ minerals., etc.
Condoms would be useful.
We unfortunatly can't decide what percentages of our taxes are spent on what, personally l'm not keen on paying for Burberry clad babies to be pushed around by work shy parents, but l'll learn to live with it.
Other than that charity is a choice.
we have abandoned children , homeless children and sick children who are british and in my opinion more entitled to be helped with british taxpayers money than anyone else living in any other country wether it be africa , iraq or any other country that sits waiting for us to sort out their problems for them

this country throws millions at africa and no matter how many times we throw money at them they still appear on our tea time news with flys crawling on their faces in the same situation they were in 20 years ago

it just sickens me when i walk past a house and see a home made poster asking for help for a parent to send their ill child to america for life saving treatment because we have such a underfunded nhs system mainly due to imigrants bleeding it dry yet we dont see tv program after tv program raising funds for the nhs

yes charity is a choice and i bet if there were tv programs for home charities people would donate to them rather than other countries

we do have a choice what our taxes go on we can use our vote for that and pen and paper to our local mps but that would make us racists

edit:

just so you know

i do have a job

i am not a chav

my partner has a job

we both pay taxes

yes we do get WORKING tax credit and if you dont like OUR taxes giving us credit then write to your mp

i agree those who sit on their backsides shouldnt get a penny but please dont class us who actualy work and try to get ahead alongside these people

anyway i appologise to the thread starter for veering way way of topic i have a habit of speaking my mind which once i start i find hard to stop
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 10:36   #48
God Member

Some good points there mate, no need to apologise for the thread wandering, we all do it from time to time. Nothing wrong with speaking your mind either, I wish more people would. Perhaps if they did, the world might be a better place. There is an addage from the second world war to the effect that, all it takes for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.
Old 28-02-2005, 10:43   #49
I am Banned

cheers m8

i sometimes read back what i type and think oh my god i sound like a propper racist which i am not

i am just your average joe whos had enough of political correctness ruining our country and seeing genuine hardships in the uk go unnoticed because people and the media are more concerned with what is going on abroad rather than what is happening right under their own noses
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..