Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2005, 18:00   #1
Resting in Peace

Moustache/Children in Need

As is the tradition on this occasion, our lovely Lebonese gentleman at work has volunteered to have his top hair growth shaven off. Poor guy, works with 11 women, and, I, as 'senior' , member has been volunteered to do the dirty deed. Never bin near a man's face with a razor before you understand and am finding the task daunting. Do you lift the nose up ? Do you cut it down first ? Little help here ... I'm wondering if waxing will work ??
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-11-2005, 18:03   #2
God Member

Re: Moustache/Children in Need

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
As is the tradition on this occasion, our lovely Lebonese gentleman at work has volunteered to have his top hair growth shaven off. Poor guy, works with 11 women, and, I, as 'senior' , member has been volunteered to do the dirty deed. Never bin near a man's face with a razor before you understand and am finding the task daunting. Do you lift the nose up ? Do you cut it down first ? Little help here ... I'm wondering if waxing will work ??
Keep the wax away he will run a mile. Wouldnt be me loosing mine thats for sure.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 18:09   #3
Give, give, give member

I'd attack it first with small scissors, then dampen it with a hot flannel. Apply shaving soap, and allow a few minutes for the bristles to soften. Always use downward strokes, going with the direction of the hair. Finish off with a cream balm, never an alcohol aftershave.

Don't forget to ask if he'd like anything for the weekend.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 18:15   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I'd attack it first with small scissors, then dampen it with a hot flannel. Apply shaving soap, and allow a few minutes for the bristles to soften. Always use downward strokes, going with the direction of the hair. Finish off with a cream balm, never an alcohol aftershave.

Don't forget to ask if he'd like anything for the weekend.
Hey, cool .. will follow this advice .. they will think am a real pro. eh ?
Can I not tempt you then Spuggie .. one of my pet hates.
Old 11-11-2005, 18:22   #5
God Member

Quote:
Hey, cool .. will follow this advice .. they will think am a real pro. eh ?
Can I not tempt you then Spuggie .. one of my pet hates.
Not if you dont plan on being in Grangemouth or Linlithgow prior to the end of January. I very much attached to my mouser.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-11-2005, 18:25   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

If he's an older gentleman Katex, you may have to ask him to pull faces in order to get to the bits you're after....

Grief!!!! It's years since I shaved a fella...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 18:27   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
If he's an older gentleman Katex, you may have to ask him to pull faces in order to get to the bits you're after....

Was that back in the days of cut throat razors?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-11-2005, 18:30   #8
Resting in Peace

Well, actually could do with seeing some of the customers up that way around about this time .. It is for charity you know, for a good cause, and you would look younger, and would grow back if you insist on having that crumb catcher on your top lip again.
Old 11-11-2005, 18:34   #9
Member.

We are all different Katex, ask him how he would like you to do it and follow his instruction.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 18:34   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Well, actually could do with seeing some of the customers up that way around about this time .. It is for charity you know, for a good cause, and you would look younger, and would grow back if you insist on having that crumb catcher on your top lip again.
He lives in Scotland don't forget.

His mustache stops the frozen drips from his nose dropping in his tea.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 19:26   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
He lives in Scotland don't forget.

His mustache stops the frozen drips from his nose dropping in his tea.
It has other uses as well be we will leave that there thanks. Kate you will have to be fast to catch me. Mind you this lot here would shrink wrap me to a chair to aid the task.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-11-2005, 20:54   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie

Lettie : what DO you mean with the wink I wonder ?? answer in private message only please.

Funny re the older gentleman Bit like the one I read .. was it somebody on here re. tattoos ?? the're OK ,but as you got older had to stretch the skin to see the picture ... that was really funny too. No .. not sure ... was his birthday yesterday and he refused to tell us how old he was!! Why not, can't alter it, can you ?? We guessed at 52 .. not sure whether we have flattered/insulted him or what. Went to wages, personnel, MD's secretary who holds the CV ... but Data protection LOL
Old 11-11-2005, 20:58   #13
Beacon of light

I am not fond of moustaches either.....despite the fact that hubby has one.
I have tried many times to get him to shave it off......I tell him it looks like a sod round a rat-hole......and I have asked him why he cultivates on his face what grows wild round his bum......but to no avail. He was clean shaven when I met him. He tells me that shaving of his 'mo' won't reveal a younger face underneath.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 21:18   #14
Resting in Peace

Hey, you definitely got a way with words Margaret ... 'as said in a previous thread' .. shows now you can turn your verbal to suit the subject. Hey, think this may be my century post !! Can start expressing my appreciation now.
Old 11-11-2005, 21:34   #15
God Member

Quote:
Hey, you definitely got a way with words Margaret ... 'as said in a previous thread' .. shows now you can turn your verbal to suit the subject. Hey, think this may be my century post !! Can start expressing my appreciation now.
Am I safe for the moment or have I to watch my back?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..