Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2008, 18:21   #106

Re: Mum in labour told to walk home

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Because people who might need urgent medical treatment might die, while ambulances, and their trained staff, ferry non-urgent cases to and from hospital, is reason enough in my book.

I'm sure we could all have an ambulance at our disposal 24/7 if we all paid more tax. Not really sound economics though, and I'm sure the money would be better spent on treating actual illnesses, rather than funding a massive fleet of big white taxis, with a flashing blue light on top.
I doubt that we have a 'massive fleet' of ambulances, not with all the cutbacks the NHS haS suffered.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-04-2008, 19:02   #107
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I doubt that we have a 'massive fleet' of ambulances, not with all the cutbacks the NHS haS suffered.
We don't.

That's why I said we'd need a massive fleet of ambulances if people were going to use them as cabs.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 07:06   #108
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Same in Bury Neil since they built houses on the old bury general site, now emergency trips have to be taken along the most congested single track road in bury to get to fairfield, as far as labour unit is concerned though, this has always been at fairfield.
Fairfield Labour Ward closes at the drop of a hat and often divert their women to other units. East Lancs sees their fair share of the women who are supposed to be delivering at Fairfield. If they are not careful at Fairfield, they will end up closing for good, as the Government will say that if they can close as often as they do, they don't need the service.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 08:43   #109
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
If they are not careful at Fairfield, they will end up closing for good, as the Government will say that if they can close as often as they do, they don't need the service.
Isn't that just the case?

Why do they close so often?
Old 14-04-2008, 09:11   #110
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Isn't that just the case?

Why do they close so often?
As far as I know it is a staffing issue, not enough midwives to look after the women. East Lancs are usually alerted when Fairfield close because we get their women coming to Blackburn or Burnley, sometimes unexpectedly. Blackburn and Burnley only ever close when they are full to capacity and never both close at the same time. Because they are one Trust now, patients can be transferred to the one which is open. When you book to have a baby now in this area, you book at East Lancs so may use either hospital, although we will always try to accommodate you at the hospital of your choice.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..