Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2007, 07:33   #166
Super Moderator

Re: Music Zone

I told you so, Mr C! Some great bargains to be had now they're getting some new stock in. Elvis's very first two albums (plus extra tracks) in a double package at seven quid...and lots, lots more great savings. Well worth a visit, folks!
Old 02-03-2007, 11:24   #167
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I told you so, Mr C! Some great bargains to be had now they're getting some new stock in. Elvis's very first two albums (plus extra tracks) in a double package at seven quid...and lots, lots more great savings. Well worth a visit, folks!
WHEN? .........
Old 02-03-2007, 11:46   #168
Super Moderator

When what???
Old 02-03-2007, 12:22   #169
Super Moderator

Sorry, I was having a minor brainstorm there...doh! I told you when I emailed you the other day!
Old 14-04-2007, 20:30   #170
Super Moderator

Very disappointed to see that Music Zone/Fopps was closed today, with a sign on the door directing people to other branches. What's happened??
Old 14-04-2007, 20:31   #171
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Very disappointed to see that Music Zone/Fopps was closed today, with a sign on the door directing people to other branches. What's happened??

There was something in the Observer about it yesterdaybut didn't say why.
Old 14-04-2007, 20:35   #172
Super Moderator

That's sad, both for Lindsay and her staff and for local punters who've been deprived of a decent music store.
Old 14-04-2007, 20:44   #173
God Member

I don't know if Lindsay's posted this herself somewhere else but I saw her on Tuesday and she's started working at Boots.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 20:44   #174
God Member

dont blame her really, she did well to get another job so soon
Old 14-04-2007, 20:48   #175
Super Moderator

What I don't understand is that the shop had been taken over by Fopps, new stock had appeared and it seemed like a generally bright future was on the cards, then it suddenly closes...all in a matter of weeks.
Old 14-04-2007, 20:51   #176
God Member

maybe it wasnt making as much money as fopps thought it would, i suppose the only person who could tell us would be lindsay
Old 14-04-2007, 20:54   #177
Super Moderator

Well, you would have thought they'd have given it at least a few months, before they decided on its viability or otherwise. Still, as you say, Flashy, perhaps Lindsay will enlighten us.
Old 14-04-2007, 21:00   #178
God Member

its no good speculating, we need the facts
Old 14-04-2007, 21:27   #179
Resident Waffler

I was wondering what had happened too - just when we thought all was hunky dory.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 17:58   #180
Senior Member+

Hi chaps !
Sorry I've not been on in ages. I got a job at Boots before the store closed the other week;the company are blaming "unviable rents" . Make your own minds up on that one but given the number of empty units in town and the possibility of negotiating with the landlords I am more than a bit dubious ! The staff have ben made redundant yet again;all a bit odd since only 4 weeks ago the regional manager was offering me money to stay.
It's very sad not only for the town but for the team who came back into the business when Music Zone shut and we all thought it as going to be ok.
I haven't worked with a nicer bunch of people and I wish Vicky,Andrew,Christian,Neil and Michelle all the very best.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..