Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 08:55   #16
Super Moderator

Re: My Mum

Really sorry to hear about that, Forceten. Hope the low-life gets what's coming to him/her. Please feel free to snap away if it helps.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:49   #17
Senior Member+

Really sorry to hear that your mum is not well, my mum is not either and its difficult to think what's gonna happen next, i hope she gets better soon as for the thieves, hope they get what they deserve
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:25   #18
Beacon of light

Forceten, I am sorry to hear of your Mum's illness. I am sure she knows that you are doing your best for her........and as for the low life who stole from her, well, it has already been said hasn't it?

take care of yourself, and let your family give their support to you.
You are in my thoughts.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:47   #19

Iam very sorry to here about your mum with the illness i hope she gets well soon,and the scum bag,s that stole of her are the scum of the earth and i hope you find out soon who did it,god bless you all.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:50   #20

hi forceten, sorry to hear of your mums illness hope she gets better soon. hope they catch the scumbag who stole her belongings and put them in prison for a long time.
Old 12-01-2008, 13:39   #21

so sorry hun, my mum spent several weeks in icu, its not a very nice place is it, but they know what there doing, they work wounders, just try n keep pososssssssssssstive hun and i do hope your mum is better SOON, As for the b*****d who took your mums purse, will get whats comming to them i assure you, you do take care of your self luv keep us all posted on tyour mums progress xx
howarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 13:41   #22

sorry for the spelling mistakes and dogie typing lol
howarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 13:51   #23

Best wishes to you and your mother.

I need not say anything about the inhuman git who was responsible for pouring more upset on an already dreadful situation. However, I will. As I have said on earlier threads the whole thing comes down to respect this lowlife obviously just looked at the situation took no concern for the distress that was happening just decided to line their own pocket. I sincerely hope that they get caught and are made to pay for the heartache they have caused.

One word (that has been used previously) SCUM!.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 15:36   #24

Thank you all for your good wishes.

Been up to see mum this afternoon, and she has now been moved to a side ward which is much better for her. It means that we can play her favourite cds to her now without disturbing the other patients.

Time for a quick bite to eat now and a brew before I'm going up again for the night time visit
forceten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 08:43   #25
Resting in Peace

Hope your mum gets well soon and really hope that the scum that stole off your mum get their comeupance soon.

Last edited by Ber999T; 13-01-2008 at 08:43. Reason: typo
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2008, 15:14   #26

Quick update

Thank you for all your good wishes, means alot

We nearly lost Mum on Sunday. She is a diabetic as well, and her blood sugars dropped really low..........went down to 1. If it wasn't for the expertise and knowledge of the lovely SHO who is absolutely brilliant with us she wouldn't be here now. He allowed me to stop with her whilst he was treating her and hold her hand. He really is lovely.

Yesterday she was quiet, and today she is just nodding her head when I ask her something, but she has allowed me to put some make up on her after she had her dinner. I put some lipstick and eye make up for her and then gave her a mirror to have a look. Wasn't perfect............it's harder than it looks to put make up on somebody else lol. But mum always wore make up and she looks more like mum to me now.

Mum also approved of my efforts as she smiled at me.

I also got a kiss of her, and with her lipstick on it was more of a kiss from my mum if you know what I mean.

Thanks

FT
Old 15-01-2008, 15:17   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

really hope yer mam makes it through this, good luck n best wishes.
Old 15-01-2008, 15:29   #28
Senior Member+

snap away forceten
thats what friends are for
hope your mum gets well soon
and dont forget what goes round comes round

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2008, 15:53   #29

hi i dont really know you but i hope your mum is feeling better soon.
Old 31-01-2008, 17:01   #30

We had a meeting at the hospital yesterday, and we have been told that there is no chance that Mum can ever return to her home. She is simply not fit.

Deep down I suppose I knew that, but to have it spelt out to you is really upsetting.

She has now to go into a nursing home. Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. I know that she wouldn't like it, but the way she is at the moment she doesn't understand.

I always said that I would look after her myself, but this is impossible now with all the complications that she has, and I know that she would be better off in nursing home, as she would be looked after.

Suppose I'm a little numb about it all at the moment

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..