Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2008, 23:57   #61
white rabbits

Re: My Mum

forceten i dont know you personally ,but my heart goes out to you..Please try to keep your chin up,,,God bless your mum,,,,
Old 01-09-2008, 00:00   #62
Give, give, give member

Trust your instincts, and fight for the care and help your mum deserves.

Good luck x

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:46   #63

update.

I went up to see Mum yesterday. She was just the same as she had been the day before. I mentioned my conernes to the nurse, who told me to ring Mums GP and talk to him. I rang the GP and I went to see him yesterday at 5.30pm

He was lovely with me. He explained in detail to me what was wrong, and why she wasn't on a certain medication which I couldn't undertand why she wasn't.

Mum has been on water tablets for years now. But Mum has chronic kidney failure now, (addes to the long list of other things), and the GP (and the hospital) have taken her off these in the last couple of weeks. I couldn't understand why, but the GP explained to me that by doing this they were giving the kidneys a chance to repair themselves a little. But then he went on to say, that looking at her blood results from the hospital, that he hadn't realised they were as bad as they were. He did say, that if water was to go on Mums lungs then she would be restarted on the water tablets straight away.

I also got some pain killers prescribed for Mum, and some creams that she needed as well.

The GP explained to me, that the kidney problem alone was a poor prognoisis, but that with all the other things that were wrong with Mum, that it was dire now. He said the only thing we can do now is to make sure that she is pain free and comfortable.

Came home and broke my heart. I have known this for a while now, but you just don't want to believe it do you? But I am grateful to the GP for being honest with me.

The GP did say as well, that from what I had told him that she had detroriated rapidly since he saw her last Tuesday, and that she had probably had another stroke, or was having lots of little ones. However, as Mum is already on the medication for this, the medication would not change.

So now we just have to keep her comfortable and painfree. GP is going to see her this week as well.

It may sound odd, but I did feel better after speaking to the GP, and he told me that if there was anything that I wanted for Mum, I only had to ask him, and he would do it for me if he could.
forceten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:18   #64
God Member

Forceten what can anybody say? As many times before this has made me cry. There is one thing you can be sure of and that is nobody could have done more to ensure your Mum has the best care going. You are a daughter any Mum would be proud of and it must be really nice for you to know that her every need is being catered for. Take carexxxx
Old 02-09-2008, 08:27   #65
Resident Waffler

Just be assured now that those who are caring for your Mum really are caring and will do all they can to ensure she is free from pain. I have just recently been through something very similar with a close friend of mine but in her case it was very quick. When there is nothing more that can be done to improve her health just knowing that she isn't suffering is a blessing. It's such a difficult time and there is nothing anyone can say or do really that can help but many of us do understand what you are going through. It sounds like you've got a very caring GP there too.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:59   #66
Full Member+

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:43   #67
Senior Member+

words are never enough at times like these
but rest assured accyweb shares your thoughts and concerns
we all share each others good times as well as the not so good
and i speak from a recent past experience
if you have a god he will be with you also..

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:38   #68
God Member

Is difficult to know what to say to you forceten, except you sound as though you have arranged the best possible care for your mum, bless you!
Old 03-09-2008, 15:17   #69

i,ll put you and your mum in my prays , my heart go,s out to you ,
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 21:54   #70

Sad update.

My beloved Mum died in my arms on 22nd October.

Her funeral was today, and I managed my speech without breaking up, which I was determined to do, as I didn't want the priest finishing it for me. It was something that I wanted to do for my Mum, and I asked Mum for strength to do it, and Mum got me through it.

I even did Mums make up for her, as I knew how she wore it.

Mum did come home, I brought her home last night, and my sister and I spent the night with her.

Her two grandsons carried Mum, something that I am very proud of them for, it was the first time for both of them, and Mum would have been so proud of them.

The church was packed, and we even had a singer who sang the Ave Maria for us.

I love you so much Mum
Old 28-10-2008, 21:56   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceten View Post
Sad update.

My beloved Mum died in my arms on 22nd October.

Her funeral was today, and I managed my speech without breaking up, which I was determined to do, as I didn't want the priest finishing it for me. It was something that I wanted to do for my Mum, and I asked Mum for strength to do it, and Mum got me through it.

I even did Mums make up for her, as I knew how she wore it.

Mum did come home, I brought her home last night, and my sister and I spent the night with her.

Her two grandsons carried Mum, something that I am very proud of them for, it was the first time for both of them, and Mum would have been so proud of them.

The church was packed, and we even had a singer who sang the Ave Maria for us.

I love you so much Mum
I saw your update on facebook, forceten.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 28-10-2008, 21:59   #72

Thank you. It is just beginning to hit me now. The fact that I will never see Mum again, nor feel her arms around me.

Just want my Mum back
Old 28-10-2008, 22:05   #73
Passed away 25-11-09

Love and sympathy to you, Forceten. I lost my dear mum 7 years ago, when she was 91, and I lost my husband 12 years ago.

We get through those awful times, because we have to. Time is a great healer, even though we may not believe it at the time, and the pain will fade one day.
Old 28-10-2008, 22:30   #74
God Member

I also read your update on face book and would like to offer my sincere sympathies.

You watched your mum suffer and now she is at peace, Love and strength to you and yours at this sad time
Old 29-10-2008, 07:07   #75
God Member

I am sorry to hear of your sad loss forceten, and we all know that you did everything possible to make your mum's last months as comfortable as possible.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..