Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2012, 11:09   #91
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
IBM and the Holocaust!
I'll see your, "IBM and the Holocaust!", with a George and Mildred and raise it with a Steptoe and Son!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2012, 14:13   #92
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Nazi Rocket Science behind the Apollo Moon Landings!

Quote:
Fact is without Braun the Americans would have been well behind the Russians and may have lost the space race (if indeed they did win it and even went to the moon?)
Russia used German rocket scientists as well as America
Old 20-04-2012, 17:18   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I'll see your, "IBM and the Holocaust!", with a George and Mildred and raise it with a Steptoe and Son!
You are a prize idiot you don't know about history! You think what they tell you on TV is the facts...
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 17:21   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Is he Jewish?

That would explain why he hasn't been allowed to retire.

Proof!!!!!! you didn't know who Leni was! Could have done a search before you said "she" was a man! She was a photographer who worked for the Furher!
Old 20-04-2012, 17:36   #95
Senior Member+

Quote:
Here is something else for you to laugh at...

Hitler survived the war and escaped to South America after WW 2!

Interview with a guy who researched the subject on this link:

Red Ice Radio - Gerrard Williams - The Escape of Adolf Hitler
Yep on the something else to laugh at your 100% correct:
Old 20-04-2012, 17:49   #96

Quote:
You are a prize idiot you don't know about history! You think what they tell you on TV is the facts...
You're quite right, I must be a prize idiot, believing anything that is shown on T.V.
Just on the day that the channel yesterday showed what von brown did for the American space race, still, you quite rightly won't believe whats shown on television. Making this thread like you of no use at all!

hugs and kisses and a great big

By the way, you seem a little het up, is something upsetting you?

Last edited by Less; 20-04-2012 at 17:51.
Old 20-04-2012, 17:51   #97
JFT96

With the greatest of repect Kestrelx, your posts read as someone who is very angry, your posts come across as someone who is talking to a bunch of idiotic school children who are incredibly stupid.
I can confirm that the majority of posters on here are not such and do not enjoy the bating that you so eem to enjoy.
It is pretty much irrelevent who did what to whom over 60 years ago, the man concerned is dead and therfore unable to defend himself, just like on another thread.

You have made few friends on here with your confrontational posts, if anyone dares to even have a slightly differing view then they are regarded as a simpleton, which of course is not true. Maybe if you entered into the sprit of things then we all could have a more enjoyable time.

But of course I could be banging my head againt a brick wall.

I have had my say on this old subject and will comment no longer on it, or even this post.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 18:02   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
The issue is that every year they line up on Rememberance Sunday and bang on about how bad the Nazi's were and how we fought for freedom to defeat the evil! Trying to make out it was so black and white, when it is not! This is the point of my post. That many business men in USA made money out of the war and the holocaust and invested in Nazi Germany.

IBM provided counting machines that helped the Nazi's keep track of all the jews and it is stated that but for those machines they would not have been able to kill so many people. Henry Ford the car manufacurer, invested in Nazi Germany and apparently was anti-semitic.

So the issue is if all these people who are now a respectable part of the modern world and were implicit in evil, why every year do we gather and bang on about how we "beat evil!"

It smacks of hypocricy to me because the lines are not so clear cut.

So Von Braun is on record as saying "he tried to help people or he didn't know it was going on!" - that is what they all would say if given the chance. Fact is without Braun the Americans would have been well behind the Russians and may have lost the space race (if indeed they did win it and even went to the moon?)

Just be glad that the Nazi's didn't work out how to make an atomic bomb before the end of the 2nd World War.
Who are" THEY" you are talking about, banging on about the defeat of evil? Do you mean the brave old soldiers who fought and shed their blood on foreign soil? Many very young lives hardly started, then quickly extinguished. "They" as you call them cared not for big business or atomic bombs" they" fought for freedom and tolerance and other values which you seem to have so much contempt for.Your opening to your paragraph is crass to say the least,you would not be having your posts put up on this forum if "they" had not fought, your life and mine would be very different if there had been an alternative outcome. So maybe you may need to review your obvious disrespect for the souls who fought and died in the second world war.
Old 20-04-2012, 18:13   #99
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Who are" THEY" you are talking about, banging on about the defeat of evil? Do you mean the brave old soldiers who fought and shed their blood on foreign soil? Many very young lives hardly started, then quickly extinguished. "They" as you call them cared not for big business or atomic bombs" they" fought for freedom and tolerance and other values which you seem to have so much contempt for.Your opening to your paragraph is crass to say the least,you would not be having your posts put up on this forum if "they" had not fought, your life and mine would be very different if there had been an alternative outcome. So maybe you may need to review your obvious disrespect for the souls who fought and died in the second world war.
Good post Dave
Old 20-04-2012, 18:19   #100
Give, give, give member

Quote:
As opposed to your views being formed by actually being there, making your knowledge first hand?

Who was it that said 'A little internet learning is a dangerous thing'?

Oh yes, it was me.

A virtual trailer park full of experts.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 18:47   #101

Quote:
By the way, not just television, sometimes I'll send off for those jaytell videos, nowt like having incorrect history narrated in incorrect English.

There's something about the way he creates a sound like random taps on the keyboard that makes the facts stand apart from any thread you may make up.

Last edited by Less; 20-04-2012 at 18:52.
Old 20-04-2012, 20:27   #102

Quote:
They (Ancient Greeks) had some thought about the workings of the mind but it was the Germans (folks from that region i.e Carl Jung/Swiss - Freud/Austrian) who pioneered psychology as we know it and understand it today.

"Wilhelm Maximilian Wundt (16 August 1832 - 31 August 1920 in Germany) was a German physician, psychologist, physiologist, philosopher, and professor, known today as one of the founding figures of modern psychology. He is widely regarded as the "father of experimental psychology".[3][4][5] In 1879, Wundt founded the first formal laboratory for psychological research at the University of Leipzig."

Quote from Wikipedia. Also the same information is in a psychology book I have.

I think you know too little about too much, but think you know everything about everything.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 23:27   #103

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Hmm.. I've never subscribed to the 'they fought for freedom' argument. The egos of politicians cause wars. Iraq and Afghanistan to name but two.

With the greatest respect for the fallen in WW2, most were conscripts who had no choice, the rest volunteers following the government media propaganda of the time.

Von Braun was first and foremost a scientist, he was not responsible for the holocaust, nor, like the majority of his countrymen, did he throw people in the gas ovens, and as for his use of 'slave labour', I would put that on a par with the use of Italian prisoners of war being forced to produce food for English troops on Oswaldtwistle moor or the use of downed Luftwaffe pilots being made to fill in potholes caused by their bombs at Biggin Hill. In war people are 'assets'

As Neil said, the Russians also used German scientists in their race to space. They too, were 'assets'

Now there's a dilemma, let's suppose Hitler knew the cure for cancer...pull the trigger on one of the biggest mass murderers in recent history or capture him as an 'asset'?

I'd bet my life that I know what Mossad would do
Old 22-04-2012, 12:03   #104
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Yes the soldiers who fought while rich business men in America and UK made money from giving Hitler the finances to go to war in the first place! Get it - it's called being two-faced - they tell you one thing and do another! It's nothing to do with the souls who died in the war!

It's the fact that the people that run this planet don't really give a damn about who gets hurt! These organisations provided all the dictatorships with weapons or finance to buy weapons. These soldiers were told to go to War by the politicians who themselves are run by the big business.
Old 22-04-2012, 12:13   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:
I would like to point out that this post was made by Less - mocking a statement! Less is a dullard - it is well known that Hitler was financed by sources in USA - for Less to make this statement shows what a dullard he is!

http://www.wingtv.net/whofinancedhitler.html

Quote:
"One of the most illuminating studies of Nazism, this book explains how, in a decade, the Nazi Party developed from a meager collection of poor crackpots into a national organization...The most famous foreign contributors were the American Henry Ford, the Italian Benito Mussolini, and the Anglo-Dutch oil magnate Henri Deterding....The party's remorseless techniques for extracting every pfennig from its desperate followers suggest that Nazism of that period should be classified as a cult or sect, not as a party." - The New Yorker

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..