Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2009, 12:33   #31
God Member

Re: Neighbourhoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
How do you decide what is a 'scummy' family though Accyman. What do you suggest we do with them ? A walled ghetto in the heart of the town ?

usually the ones with loud music until the early hours of the morning , people kicking and banging on their door at all hours of the day and night , windows put through from arguments ,kids both young and in their teens doing what the hell they like because mummy and daddy havnt taught them any better ,parents who should you risk complaining will key your car or put a brick through your window

in holland families liek this are forced to live in converted shipping containers under motorway bridges until they can prove they are fit to live amongst decent people again

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2009, 13:14   #32
Resting in Peace

Did actually understand what you meant by 'scummy' Accyman, LOL but does a landlord know that they are before renting out a property. Don't know anything about this area ... do you have to provide references or anything (beside financially maybe ?).

Suppose he just has to rely on the services to deal with loud music, vandalism, etc., but if they smash all his windows, then does he have some sort of right to try and evict them ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 15:31   #33
Resting in Peace

Controversial thread running on Burnleyweb at the moment ... wow, they aren't half knocking their council, but quite a lot about tenants and landlords :-

Scum residents in Burnley - Burnley, Padiham and Pendle Online

Hope I was allowed to put this up. Might help Pamperqueen's sister anyway; definitely addresses all social issues ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 15:52   #34
Resting in Peace

I would ban all children over five : and goal posts and balls .....oh the list could be endless:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 16:32   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
I would ban all children over five : and goal posts and balls .....oh the list could be endless:
what shoudl we do when the children get to five then? and at what age are they alowed to come back?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 17:00   #36
God Member

I understand why Magpie said that.
Children are often noisily exhuberant at any age
There are play areas where they could run and shout but idle parents sitting in boozing whilst watching the telly can't be bothered to take them there, or they don't encourage active hobbies for them to use up that energy.
I am having a 'fraught' afternoon because of a 4 year old.
His dad has 'access' and has chosen to use it by dumping the little lad on his brother whilst he spends the afternoon in the pub.
The 'brother', my next door neighbour, has a mental age of a child himself ('learning difficulties'). The little lad is taking running jumps at the back of the door to the flat. This banging and his high pitched squeals are clearly audible in my flat. All this is happening within 10 feet of open fields where the little lad could let off steam without upsetting anybody.

So that is why us 'oldies' sometimes prefer to be segregated from children when choosing where to live.

Last edited by MargaretR; 29-03-2009 at 17:02.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 17:31   #37
God Member

im not botherd about noise kids make they have to play but what bothers me is the damage they do and the parents coudlnt give a stuff

its about time a law was passed making parents resposible for damage their kids do until the age of 16 then perhaps when it starts hitting them in their pockets instead of the victims they may actually start to take note of what their kids get up to

sadly common sense never prevails and these morons continue their lives scott free while everyone else has to pay for their bratts damage

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 17:53   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
what shoudl we do when the children get to five then? and at what age are they alowed to come back?

sedate them and wake them up when they are 30 .... ( that said my 30 year old daughter is harder work now than when she was a child )
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 08:37   #39

Bad tenants seem to be a hot topic indeed.

Isnt this the kind of thing the Anti Social Behaviour Act was suposed to sort out? Has anyone here ever reported anti social behaviour and how did you get on?
Pamperqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 08:43   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamperqueen View Post
Bad tenants seem to be a hot topic indeed.

Isnt this the kind of thing the Anti Social Behaviour Act was suposed to sort out? Has anyone here ever reported anti social behaviour and how did you get on?
I have and the case is being delt with at the moment
Old 30-03-2009, 08:46   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I have and the case is being delt with at the moment
how long as it been going on and how long should it take to resolve? any thoughts?
Old 30-03-2009, 09:00   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
how long as it been going on and how long should it take to resolve? any thoughts?
Its been going on for quite a while cashy, HH are dealing with it, but its not as easy as people think to sort these things out, in as much as having the culprits removed, but hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel
Old 30-03-2009, 09:13   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Its been going on for quite a while cashy, HH are dealing with it, but its not as easy as people think to sort these things out, in as much as having the culprits removed, but hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel
i assumed as much, also assume thats why some cannot be bothered to report, also why some take the law into their own hands.
Old 30-03-2009, 09:18   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i assumed as much, also assume thats why some cannot be bothered to report, also why some take the law into their own hands.
twenty five years ago I would probable have taken option two cashy, but I'm not quite as fit as I was then
Old 30-03-2009, 17:43   #45
God Member

Quote:

The light at the end of the tunnel is probably on oncoming locomotive
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..