Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2011, 12:06   #121
Beacon of light

Re: New Accrington Bus Station

We used to have a Works.......it was on roadway(Town Hall end) where the pound shop is....couldn't have done enough business or it would still be there.
I used it quite a bit, and I do miss it.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-06-2011, 13:05   #122
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Does that mean we can club together and hire a security firm to clean the streets ?
Yesterday 2 teenagers were riding bikes on broadway, a PCSO asked them not to and they basically just laughed and carried on.

That would not happen in Blackburns Mall because it is private company owned so the security will just chuck them out.

Just been down Accy to the bank and eye shop. There were several groups of late teenagers just hanging around with nothing better to do with themselves. Its groups like this that make the place look uninviting to older people. Being a young lad they dont worry me but they will put many people off coming into town.

When you make your way out from Broadway it gets worse, Abbey Street is not pleasant at all and would make a nice bus station if it was pulled down.

Why are the Council/Police allowing buses to speed past the Town Hall. It is 5mph and those horrible scruffy little red buses were not even slowing down after driving down Blackburn Road. It should be pedestrianised totally with no vehicles allowed at all.
Old 27-06-2011, 14:57   #123
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Yesterday 2 teenagers were riding bikes on broadway, a PCSO asked them not to and they basically just laughed and carried on.

That would not happen in Blackburns Mall because it is private company owned so the security will just chuck them out.

Just been down Accy to the bank and eye shop. There were several groups of late teenagers just hanging around with nothing better to do with themselves. Its groups like this that make the place look uninviting to older people. Being a young lad they dont worry me but they will put many people off coming into town.
Should have videod it, some people don't beleive this sort of thing happens in Accy
Old 27-06-2011, 15:52   #124
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Should have videod it, some people don't beleive this sort of thing happens in Accy
Are you suggesting I would lie about such a thing?

Our Council could learn a lot if they sat on Broadway for a couple of hours and just observed people.

I like people watching its my sort of sport.
Old 27-06-2011, 16:40   #125
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

I like people watching its my sort of sport.
Did the hot weather make it easier to spot any?

There's a word for people like you.

Twitcher, I think it is.

Though if you have your hands in your pocket, I don't think that'll stand up in court.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 17:16   #126
Resting in Peace

Glad to see Kens already got the knack of ducking and diving and passing the parcel to other that know about the situation but seem very reluctant to air their views
Old 27-06-2011, 17:20   #127
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Glad to see Kens already got the knack of ducking and diving and passing the parcel to other that know about the situation but seem very reluctant to air their views
No John, it's my own special method of dealing with things I don't know enough about.

Unless you'd prefer a local politician to simply spout a load of claptrap just to see his own words in print?

No one who did that would garner much respect....

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 18:02   #128
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
No John, it's my own special method of dealing with things I don't know enough about.

Unless you'd prefer a local politician to simply spout a load of claptrap just to see his own words in print?

No one who did that would garner much respect....
Well whats changed ya coped quit well for 12 months prior to May this year
Old 14-07-2011, 10:55   #129

Here Here!!!!! someone with some sense... These idiots that come up with these stupid ideas need to get there butts down on Peel Street and listen( not talk) but listen to the passengers!!! 90 percent of bus users in Accy are pensioners so if you move it away Accy's will be a ghost town !!! simple If the council and goverment carry on dictating to local business there will be no buses at all eg = 90 percent of passengers travel free = 50% less taking =running at a loss get it people!!! Its not the firms fault they drop routes. The goverment expect them to forfit the loss...There are firms out there now that are refusing now cards and as a result the goverment are taking them to court...Theres gonna be a lot more to come!!
seeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..