Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2008, 22:41   #1
God Member

New Driving Licences

Whilst out with a few friends yesterday they got round to comparing the photographs on their new driving licences. You know the usual mickey taking about awful pictures. Not being a driver I didn't know these new licences had been introduced. On looking at them it got me thinking about the proposed ID cards, is it just my suspicious mind or are these a step in that direction??
Old 27-04-2008, 22:48   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: New Driving Licences

know were yer coming from bernie,but personally i think its a good thing,got 1 of the photo ones meself, i know far back as the 70s (probably earlier) people who were disqualified (drunk driving) also people sitting the DL test fer other people for cash, fer me it will virtually eliminate these practices.meant to say the drunks were borrowing mates licences.

Last edited by cashman; 27-04-2008 at 22:51.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 22:49   #3
Give, give, give member

The new(ish) photo driving licence are already accepted as proof of identity for lots of things already, such as at airports for domestic flights, and at banks.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 22:52   #4
God Member

I understand what you are both saying but was wondering how much more personal information they have as opposed to the old ones.
Old 27-04-2008, 22:54   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
The new(ish) photo driving licence are already accepted as proof of identity for lots of things already, such as at airports for domestic flights, and at banks.
yeh agree,what i find crazy,when i returned from living in spain, the banks,uncle tom cobbly n all would NOT accept my Residencia, which had photograph n fingerprint on! Nuts or what?
Old 27-04-2008, 22:57   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I understand what you are both saying but was wondering how much more personal information they have as opposed to the old ones.
Ten years of the 'Nanny' what do you expect Bernie?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 23:10   #7
I am Banned

they came out about 8 years ago but maybe so ( can you feel BB breathing down your neck ?)
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 23:14   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
they came out about 8 years ago but maybe so ( can you feel BB breathing down your neck ?)
Not mine as I don't drive Having said that does reinforce my suspicsions, I thought thay had just started doing them
Old 27-04-2008, 23:16   #9
I am Banned

lol i think i have the right ones - i dont drive either - just a provisional - but its a photo card - maybe there are some even newer ones - do they have a chip on ?
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 23:18   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
lol i think i have the right ones - i dont drive either - just a provisional - but its a photo card - maybe there are some even newer ones - do they have a chip on ?
No idea I don't know what got me suspicious.
Old 27-04-2008, 23:23   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yeh agree,what i find crazy,when i returned from living in spain, the banks,uncle tom cobbly n all would NOT accept my Residencia, which had photograph n fingerprint on! Nuts or what?
Of course not .. it's not British old boy !!

Mine is still the old one, and more information on that, but have had no trouble at the banks with this one either Garinda when wishing to draw out a larger than normal amount of cash.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 23:26   #12
God Member

I have never had one of the photo driving licence, still just the old paper one... or should I say paper and sellotape one

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 23:26   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Of course not .. it's not British old boy,
we aint British, that was signed away, we are EUROPEAN.
Old 27-04-2008, 23:27   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Cashy you have hit the nail on the head...My wife has a new driving license and that is accepted in Spain without question with Debit card purchases at major supermarkets (I make the point of debit card and not credit card for a certain smart arse who thinks my wife is skint).
We were told that the Visa Electron card might not be accepted in Spain.
That is rubbish...All bills are paid by this card and we do not have a problem.....If we choose to top up with petrol we can without problem all over Spain, France and UK.
I love the country of my birth but sometimes wonder why we are directed by some of the most stupid political leaders and administrators on the planet.
I have read and tried to understand the local political debate on this forum and have come to a dead stop.
HBC....why vote for councillors who dont know what is going on?
Cast your vote but don't do what your dad did or what your grandad did.
Follow your own convictions and be happy.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 23:35   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
I have never had one of the photo driving licence, still just the old paper one... or should I say paper and sellotape one
That made me laugh ... same here HR .. think the new ones are much stronger, plastic coated .. mine has this Clinique Porcelain Beige face make-up stained on the crease. LOL
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..