Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2009, 12:32   #1

New Yob 'Government measures'.

The latest idea from Gordon Brown is that anyone getting an ASBO will be named and shamed on a government website and locally distributed leaflets,That'll get 'em quaking in their boots.
What next town criers denouncing them?

Could we not have a trial reintroduction of the town stocks,I'll provide the rotting fruit and veg.
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-11-2009, 12:51   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: New Yob 'Government measures'.

All sorts of new stupid ideas being bandied about, read last week that to elimate prostitution in blackburn, they intend to send em on courses, if that fails the article said stricter measures will be used= give em n ASBO. as many of those unfortunate women are dependant on smack or drugs of some description, that will really help the problem.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:53   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman View Post
The latest idea from Gordon Brown is that anyone getting an ASBO will be named and shamed on a government website and locally distributed leaflets,That'll get 'em quaking in their boots.
What next town criers denouncing them?

Could we not have a trial reintroduction of the town stocks,I'll provide the rotting fruit and veg.
How come they can be named and shamed when, just a few months ago the Police couldn't display a picture of an escaped criminal because of 'human rights?'

I can't find the thread but I'm sure we've discussed it sometime.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:54   #4

I agree cashman,it's basically Politicians don't live in the real world.They are insulated from what many people experience e.g muggings,vandalism and just plain yob behaviour.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:55   #5

Right hand not knowing what the left is doing?
Old 01-11-2009, 13:11   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
All sorts of new stupid ideas being bandied about, read last week that to elimate prostitution in blackburn, they intend to send em on courses, if that fails the article said stricter measures will be used= give em n ASBO. as many of those unfortunate women are dependant on smack or drugs of some description, that will really help the problem.
Will they provide photos and contact numbers.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 13:48   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Will they provide photos and contact numbers.
That's a thought, it must be difficult to advertise now all the telephone kiosks have gone.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 15:15   #8

And then the yobs will be trying harder to get on the list, being displayed on the web will be like a yob trophy.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 16:35   #9
God Member

Suprised they havent set up hug n cuddle clinics for the yobs. Got to agree that their mentality will have them seeing it as a badge of honour. As for bringing back the stocks then let their victims have the first shot with what they deem suitable for the actions they suffered.

If polititions dont get their heads out of the clouds in cloud cuckoo land then we could end up with a society along the Mad Max movies lines.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 17:24   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
If polititions dont get their heads out of the clouds in cloud cuckoo land then we could end up with a society along the Mad Max movies lines.

Don't think they get a Mortgage allowance for that yet- but stranger have happened

Old 01-11-2009, 17:25   #11
Resting in Peace

Well the first one to be named and shamed and given an ASBO should be one Gordon Brown from Fife, he really has screwed the British people to the floor, then picked their pockets to make sure he's got every last cent, the cretin
Old 01-11-2009, 18:14   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well the first one to be named and shamed and given an ASBO should be one Gordon Brown from Fife, he really has screwed the British people to the floor, then picked their pockets to make sure he's got every last cent, the cretin
He would find a way out of it on human rights grounds. He wouldnt get far as all his sins will be on a chain around his ankle like in Scrooge.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 18:18   #13
God Member

no need to fuss about this latest idea because next year cameron will have us hugging the yobs.

this could work if we are allowed to hug them around the throat very tightly

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 18:52   #14
God Member

Some of us are old enough to remember when the Accy Observer used to publish a full listing of the previous week's magistrates' courts appearances. That used to be naming and shaming. Alas, no more.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 19:06   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Some of us are old enough to remember when the Accy Observer used to publish a full listing of the previous week's magistrates' courts appearances. That used to be naming and shaming. Alas, no more.
You are quite right and as I remember certain people were proud to have their own column.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..