Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2009, 10:02   #1
Senior Member+

Petrol Price Watch

We keep hearing about how the Petrol price has come down, but have you noticed how much its gone back up just over the last 2/3 weeks? This Morning the Shell Garage on Burnley road was selling at 88.9p petrol, and 98.9p diesel. It was 5p per litre cheaper 3 weeks ago..why? Has this price rise been mirrored throughout the UK?

Might be an idea to keep posting on here which are the Cheapest Prices in the Accy Area so we can avoid getting ripped off!

So where are the Cheapest places for Petrol and Diesel at the moment?

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2009, 10:07   #2
God Member

Re: Petrol Price Watch

i know this may sound totally stupid but....Richard prefers going to a Shell garage than say Tesco or Asda, he says the quality of diesel is a lot better at Shell than the cheapness of the supermarkets....does this make any sense?

he would rather pay a few pence extra per litre for the Disco to have decent fuel
Old 31-01-2009, 10:26   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i know this may sound totally stupid but....Richard prefers going to a Shell garage than say Tesco or Asda, he says the quality of diesel is a lot better at Shell than the cheapness of the supermarkets....does this make any sense?

he would rather pay a few pence extra per litre for the Disco to have decent fuel
Makes a lot of sense, when I was driving for a living I could tell when my wagon was filled with Shell diesel, I now only buy from Shell garages

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 10:32   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Makes a lot of sense, when I was driving for a living I could tell when my wagon was filled with Shell diesel, I now only buy from Shell garages

thanx Ken, he's not going crazy then? lol
Old 31-01-2009, 10:40   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post

Never seen a diesel powered disco,have you got a piccy?

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 11:21   #6
God Member

Disco - Discovery
Thats what I took it as

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 11:45   #7

I use this most days to check where cheapest is
Free UK fuel prices. 9,642 petrol stations covered - PetrolPrices.com
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 17:29   #8
Senior Member+

Yep Ive used that a few times but they are always a bit out of date. Checked it today and their prices arnt correct.

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 31-01-2009, 17:37   #9
God Member

Well we use Tesco religiously because we are clubcard point maniacs..............and they are double at the moment.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 17:41   #10
Senior Member+

Be helpful when people fill up at their favoured garages to make a note of the price and post it on here!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 01-02-2009, 17:43   #11
God Member

Keep well away from the BP near the cinema , its always a lot dearer than any other in accy...........
Old 01-02-2009, 17:51   #12
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

My fella for some reason wont use Tesco, he says everytime he went there something went wrong with the car!

So he uses Asda in blackburn, and when the accy one opens he will use that.

I noticed the one on blackburn rd shut!
Old 01-02-2009, 18:03   #13
God Member

Fuel is bought in grades, the cheaper the fuel, the lower the grade, some really cheap stuff will have contaminents like water in it, as for prices, this is the way they operate, government, gas/electricity suppliers, supermarkets, etc, poll tax was a prime example, it was ten times the amount paid in rates, after the furor, the council tax was brought in somewhere around half the price, people accepted it without question, even though it was still much much more than the original rates system, the gas went up 100 percent, came down about 10%, and will creep back up again, just like the petrol did.
Old 22-03-2009, 11:02   #14
Senior Member+

I've noticed the price of unleaded has gone up 4p per litre this week at the Shell garage on Burnley road. Was 87.9p now 91.9p dont see any reason for this other than greed. At moment its still 88.9p at Esso garage on Abbey Street.

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 22-03-2009, 11:04   #15
God Member

87.9 at Rising Bridge Shell yesterday..............

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..