Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2009, 08:52   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Petrol Price Watch

Used the Asda garage on way home last night, Unleaded 87.9p and Diesel 96.9p, its an unmanned station so you have to use your card at the pump to fill up. I say unmanned, but there is a chap there to help you use the pump or if you've any probs with your card, he's in a little hut there, but you cant pay by cash! Nightime probably best time to go as i can imagine when Asda is at its busiest it would be a nightmare! Its a little exposed, even though theres a roof, and i got soaked last night filling up, so pick the more central pumps if its raining!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2009, 09:25   #32
JFT96

Retlaw, thanks for confirming my suspicions, I did wonder!!

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 16:15   #33
God Member

Shock, Horror...............BP (Margram) is 1 penny cheaper than Asda for unleaded today.......although Diesel is 1 penny more......
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 16:28   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
Shock, Horror...............BP (Margram) is 1 penny cheaper than Asda for unleaded today.......although Diesel is 1 penny more......
At Last! A price War!!!.....well OK more of a squabble really!! But owt that helps bring priced down at the moments good news eh!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 17-04-2009, 20:40   #35
Junior Member+

asda is 2p per litre cheaper
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 06:09   #36
God Member

Margram must have given up trying to compete, mind you they lasted a week..................
Old 18-04-2009, 06:23   #37

Went past margram last night and they were still 1p cheaper than asda
Old 18-04-2009, 06:30   #38
God Member

This is what we want, Margram have always annoyed me with their prices so i stopped going....although now i may be going back.....and Nectar points too.
Old 18-04-2009, 06:31   #39

Seriously thinking of going there myself
Old 18-04-2009, 06:50   #40
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Don't know price of petrol but Asda's diesel is 2p cheaper than Margram, or it was a couple of hours ago
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 07:08   #41

Only checked unleaded MITZY don't know about the price of diesel.
Old 18-04-2009, 10:29   #42
Senior Member+

They are still a penny cheaper than Asda for unleaded today, first time i've used them in ages. It used to be the Petrol Station near Express gifts that was always cheapest but they arnt anymore, over 94p unleaded at moment, Burnley Road Shell garage also at 93.9p.

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 18-04-2009, 10:43   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its of no concern to me, my syphon cost nowt.
Old 18-04-2009, 12:20   #44
God Member

I saw on the news last night that oil companies are struggling (poor souls! ), because oil is down to $50 a barrel.... so who is gaining all the extra money aprt from the government, the government, oh, and the government!?
Old 18-04-2009, 13:50   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
I saw on the news last night that oil companies are struggling (poor souls! ), because oil is down to $50 a barrel.... so who is gaining all the extra money aprt from the government, the government, oh, and the government!?
Come on derek somebody has to pay for Gordon's Comical Road Show, think it was in his own back yard yesterday, should stop there

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..