Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2009, 13:07   #16
God Member

Re: Petrol Price Watch

diesil still 95.9 in preston at two of the shell garages if your going that way but one of teh shell garages on blackpool road is 98.9 for some reason

petrol prices are accordingly cheaper but due to not using it i dont take note

maybe when asda open theirs tey will have a special offer and force reductions in accy which is always teh more expensive and last to reduce prices

mind you judging by how teh asda one is set out it may not even be worth using asda any more as theres going to be some very long ques just to get out of teh place

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2009, 13:31   #17
Senior Member+

The Shell Garage on the way out of Blackpool just before the Motorway always seems to be a few pence cheaper than any in Accy too! Very annoying why diesel is now more expensive than petrol too!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 14:36   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
The Shell Garage on the way out of Blackpool just before the Motorway always seems to be a few pence cheaper than any in Accy too! Very annoying why diesel is now more expensive than petrol too!

Best Regards - Taggy
yet another example of increased tax under the guise of been for our own good and the enviroments

the govenment knows damn well increasing the price wont reduce our usage of fuel but will gladly reap the extra tax gained under been green the biggest con ever

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 23-03-2009, 09:22   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
yet another example of increased tax under the guise of been for our own good and the enviroments

the govenment knows damn well increasing the price wont reduce our usage of fuel but will gladly reap the extra tax gained under been green the biggest con ever
Your not accusing the Government of duplicity are you accyman
Old 23-03-2009, 17:02   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Fuel is bought in grades, the cheaper the fuel, the lower the grade, some really cheap stuff will have contaminents like water in it, as for prices, this is the way they operate, government, gas/electricity suppliers, supermarkets, etc, poll tax was a prime example, it was ten times the amount paid in rates, after the furor, the council tax was brought in somewhere around half the price, people accepted it without question, even though it was still much much more than the original rates system, the gas went up 100 percent, came down about 10%, and will creep back up again, just like the petrol did.
Just a question: when you buy gas, does the pump show the octane rating of the fuel you are buying?

Price at the pumps for me yesterday .... 74.6 per litre .... that's in cents by the way
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 17:09   #21
Senior Member+

Diesel is 96.9 at asda accrington
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 17:11   #22
God Member

Its bad enough getting on and off there as it is so now thats open it will be murder, i reluctantly went on friday and it was a free for all......
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 17:18   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Diesel is 96.9 at asda accrington
lets be honest its still about 7p a per litre too much but thats the greedy fuel companies fault , they seem to think that passing on just a part of the savings they make when the oil pricess dropped is fair

its about time oil companies were scruitinised a lot more closely and restrictions on how much they can charge but since when has the motorist ever got a fair deal

Old 23-03-2009, 17:21   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
Its bad enough getting on and off there as it is so now thats open it will be murder, i reluctantly went on friday and it was a free for all......
i certainly wont be going there saturday afternoon or tea times during the week

as for buying fuel there i cant see any savings been made simply because you will burn any savings away while you que for ever to get off the petrol station never mind the carpark

very badly planned,asda have been pushing for the petrol station for years and all they will probably acheive is more traffic jams

Old 23-03-2009, 17:29   #25
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

So how much is it for unleaded then at Asda accy?
Old 23-03-2009, 20:01   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
So how much is it for unleaded then at Asda accy?
Dunno, never look at the price for unleaded (I drive a diesel). Was just happy i'd remembered the price for diesel
Old 24-03-2009, 08:23   #27
JFT96

When I drove by yesterday it was 87.9p.

i have never noticed any difference in quality of petrol i have bought, from Shell, Asda, Esso, Tesco etc, they all seem the same to me.
Our current car wants to run the expensive 99 ron stuff, it gets 95 and is happy with it. I have had several cars that need the special stuff and all have run fine on petrol bought anywhere, even supermarkets.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 22:48   #28
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
When I drove by yesterday it was 87.9p.

i have never noticed any difference in quality of petrol i have bought, from Shell, Asda, Esso, Tesco etc, they all seem the same to me.
Our current car wants to run the expensive 99 ron stuff, it gets 95 and is happy with it. I have had several cars that need the special stuff and all have run fine on petrol bought anywhere, even supermarkets.
Whilst in the Fire Brigade we had a tour of the refinery at Hesham. One thing I noticed, tankers of all brands were leaving the refinery, Shell, Esso, etc. They all stopped in the layby, the drivers would then climb on top with a five gallon jerry can and add a coloured dye.

They all left the refinery from the same filling points, yet when they delivered it was as a specific brand.
The only difference these days is the octain rating and unleaded, diesels diesel, no matter where it comes from, those of other qualities are for farm tractors or stationary engines.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 22:52   #29
God Member

In Spain Diesel is always 5 points cheaper than Petrol.
Must be a sting in the tail somewhere?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 06:44   #30
Senior Member+

Diesel used to be cheaper than petrol here didnt it??

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..