Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2007, 23:33   #46
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Not Happy........ split thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I think a Spaniard would find it quite hard getting a job in Accy if they didn't speak any English.
Nearly all the eastern europeans that are currently job stealing at my workplace speak no english, their Halifax job agency has an interpreter for them.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2007, 23:33   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I disagree. I have friends working in Spain, and throughout Europe, in a variety of jobs.

I think a Spaniard would find it quite hard getting a job in Accy if they didn't speak any English.
so have i , bet you NONE are working in those jobs i listed?
Old 15-07-2007, 23:57   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

forgot to mention,Paris n i have a friend out there who is married to a spaniard, they have 2 children n she speaks fluent spanish,she applied for a job at the local post office, no way- they never actually said it,but she had no doubt why,i was not too sad cos she works near our apt, n translates me letters n makes phone calls for us.
Old 16-07-2007, 06:51   #49
Resident Waffler

Quote:

Which is why it is so unfair that translations are made into any other language.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 12:18   #50

End of the day Eastern Europeans come here in serch of more money than they will get in their own country. In Romania the average wage is £1200 a year. Sorry but if i was able to find a country that would pay me 9 times as much as i get in the UK then id be gone and that is exactly what they are doing. All this bickering wont stop it and yes UK people are being replaced but if a business sees a way to make more profit then thats what it will do. Ive been a victim of it but i understand it and see why it happened.

Last edited by Mr Aleks; 16-07-2007 at 12:21.
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 12:30   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
In Romania the average wage is £1200 a year.
No matter where you live wages are relative to cost of living. Ithink you might find the cost of living is much lower there.
Old 16-07-2007, 12:37   #52

Oh yes it will be of course it will. But the way they are thinking is make as much money over here then once they are done take it over there and they will have much more then if they had stayed there. Alot are doing it for houses deposits and cars etc.
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 12:44   #53
Super Moderator

Bagpuss, can understand your grievance regarding the situation of your workmates but I can't understand why you seem to want to take it out on the Poles. They are simply going where the higher wages are - who can blame them for that? As for the companies, they're paying as little as they can get away with, because, unfortunately, that's what companies do.

The real culprits are the politicians in Westminster who took us into the EU with its commitment to "free movement of people". Which means that we have now arrived at the frankly ludicrous situation where, for example, a brain surgeon from Mexico would not be allowed to enter the country, but a beggar from Romania would be completely free to do so.
Old 16-07-2007, 12:46   #54

dont forget they can also get child benerfit for there children that dont live here no wonder this countrie is in such a mess millons of pounds of tax payers money going out off the countrie .fair play if they live here and there parents are paying in to the system
Old 16-07-2007, 13:49   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

personally i have always said, i do not blame the immigrants whatever nationality,theres nowt wrong with wanting a better deal for your family,the blame lies with the system that allows it. its that simple.
Old 16-07-2007, 13:53   #56
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
dont forget they can also get child benerfit for there children that dont live here no wonder this countrie is in such a mess millons of pounds of tax payers money going out off the countrie .fair play if they live here and there parents are paying in to the system
Now this is what I call lunacy, is this the case davo69?
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 14:04   #57

yes this is very true
Old 16-07-2007, 14:16   #58
Resting in peace

Quote:
yes this is very true
Good grief, the lunatics 'have' took over the asylum.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 14:43   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
ive heard it all now,would welcome a comment from our MP if this is the case,would love to know where he stands on this.
Old 16-07-2007, 14:47   #60

take a look at this.People.co.uk - News - HAND ME £75 AND I'LL GET CHILD BENEFIT FOR YOUR KIDS .. IN POLAND!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..