Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2006, 15:52   #1
God Member

o2 Oh why do I bother..

Before we start, this was a call center in cardif, not india.

I got my o2 bill through and expected to be charged £20 for line rental, as I had previously agreed several times with two members of o2 staff. When it came through it seemed as though i'd been charged £35, although to be honest I didn't look at it that well, i'll check when I ring back tomorrow.

On the o2 website I checked how many messages I had sent and it was over 500, way over. I then looked on my phone which I got just before the contract started, and it said I had sent 349 in total (some were used before this months contract started too!) so somewhere o2 have got it wrong and placed a load of texts on my phone which simply don't exist. Hence I phoned them up.

After many many many pauses about the 500texts thing, I brought up the cost of my contract, to which I was eventualy told "There is a £10 deduction so it is actualy £25" but that still isn't £20 is it. So getting nowhere, I get forwarded to another department, to then be told "Our systems are down please call tomorrow"...
I obviously state "Well the person I just spoke to had a working system. Please pass me back to them."
"I can't. You'll just have to phone back and try to get through to a call center that has working systems"

Why do they keep the call centers online if they can't actualy do anything. Surly it would be more productive to have a long queue and actualy get chance to speak to someone who can do something other than hang up!
My phone company are ALWAYS getting things mixed up, no matter how many times i ask them to repeat the price, the contract, it still ends up being different when they input it in their system.
Old 24-07-2006, 16:26   #2
I am Banned

Re: o2 Oh why do I bother..

Dont remind me of mobile companies had my belly full already as i put my complaints in writing to both companies concerned - dont do the ring & get fobbed off - plus they cant deny it because i have the sent copy as proof. I think all mobile companies are as bad as each other in degrees & easy to try to scam the unexpected, my bro has had a nightmare with 3 previously about being over charged for things that they cant invoice
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 16:32   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Dont remind me of mobile companies had my belly full already as i put my complaints in writing to both companies concerned - dont do the ring & get fobbed off - plus they cant deny it because i have the sent copy as proof. I think all mobile companies are as bad as each other in degrees & easy to try to scam the unexpected, my bro has had a nightmare with 3 previously about being over charged for things that they cant invoice
ALL i can say about 3 is ******* w****** cyfr u are not alone.
Old 24-07-2006, 17:57   #4
God Member

reminds me of the on going saga with cpc. I shall be telling them that I'm discussing developments on local web sites.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 17:59   #5
God Member

We ended up being charged 90 pound for wap, because orange cancelled the free unlimited off the contract and didnt tell us. Then they wouldn't put it back on.
Old 24-07-2006, 20:24   #6

If its any consolation we have a business contract with o2. I rang them today to ask for support to replace a faulty handset. I was told by our account manager that the systems were going to be down until about 9pm tonight.
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 23:43   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
We ended up being charged 90 pound for wap, because orange cancelled the free unlimited off the contract and didnt tell us. Then they wouldn't put it back on.
I was promised unlimited 3g data from orange only, my account had 512kb free! Got charged £30 and refused to pay
Old 31-07-2006, 15:49   #8
God Member

I'm never dealing with o2 over the phone again. I have no choice but to be with them because the likes of orange have no coverage at college.

I was promised: 500texts 200mins for £20
What I got after ringing them several times and enquiring about my bill:
400texts 200mins I get cash back on an additional 100texts the following month (so I get charged first then get money back the following month) this was never explained to me.
It is also £25 not £20.

I'm im the phone to them as we speak, on hold actualy, as usual. If I can't get it at £20 i'll be canceling my contract and putting up with orange because at least I can get a decent plan out of orange (500mins 1000texts £30, much more reasonable)
Old 31-07-2006, 16:22   #9
God Member

Get a P A Y G for college and save some hassle and a fortune in time and money. These firms use these offers as a gimic to gain /maintain a customer base.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 16:36   #10
God Member

Wow! I'm actualy surprised it was really simple once I finaly got through.

They changed it to £20 contract, 200mins, 500texts (all be it 100 of them are charged for but money back the following month, i'll keep an eye on this to make sure it goes according to plan )
Old 31-07-2006, 16:40   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
Wow! I'm actualy surprised it was really simple once I finaly got through.

They changed it to £20 contract, 200mins, 500texts (all be it 100 of them are charged for but money back the following month, i'll keep an eye on this to make sure it goes according to plan )
You not getting prone to wishfull thinking are you Cyfr???

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 31-07-2006, 19:19   #12
God Member

ye ye cyfer, I believe it when it comes through next month.
Old 31-07-2006, 23:02   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
ye ye cyfer, I believe it when it comes through next month.
It might happen and then we all would be getting treatment for shock.

As for Cyfr it might send him over the edge.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..