Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2013, 09:59   #16
Resting In Peace

Re: Pals Medical Centre.

Hope you are feeling better, and have a really good holiday.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:30   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Normally i would agree, not this time though receptionists don't change the rules, without informing patients. And the walk in clinic at the hospital thats under threat is were i was referring to that fat slug Cameron. as you well know, cos yeh aint too dumb to read, But true to form yeh try to defend the indefensible.
the accrington victoria health access center was meant to move into where physio therapy was so it could take on more patients and still provide walk in patients which thanks to peel house there are plenty of.

unfortunatly the surgery has taken on a lot of new patients but funding has stopped so there is a half finished doctors surgery leaving the old system in place having to deal with teh extra work load plus walk in patients.

sadly what is a great surgery is been put under a lot of strain because of this and i think the walk in service should be stopped so they can concentrate on registered patients.When funding is provided to finish the new surgery then start teh walk in service again.

ps:

never expect a tory to give a toss about northerers health especially the likes of cameron and his bum chums

mind you never trust a MP period is the safest bet it dosnt really matter what colour they march under they just screw you over in different ways

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 10-10-2013 at 12:32.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 15:18   #18
Senior Member+

Keep taking the pills mate.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 17:30   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
the accrington victoria health access center was meant to move into where physio therapy was so it could take on more patients and still provide walk in patients which thanks to peel house there are plenty of.

unfortunatly the surgery has taken on a lot of new patients but funding has stopped so there is a half finished doctors surgery leaving the old system in place having to deal with teh extra work load plus walk in patients.

sadly what is a great surgery is been put under a lot of strain because of this and i think the walk in service should be stopped so they can concentrate on registered patients.When funding is provided to finish the new surgery then start teh walk in service again.

ps:

never expect a tory to give a toss about northerers health especially the likes of cameron and his bum chums

mind you never trust a MP period is the safest bet it dosnt really matter what colour they march under they just screw you over in different ways
If voting made a difference they'd stop it,
Old 10-10-2013, 19:53   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If voting made a difference they'd stop it,

deciding between labour or conservitive is like choosing between the left and right foot been used to kick you in the nutts

either way you choose ends up been a ball-acher

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 21:52   #21

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Yet again, I have to bang on about pen pushers....

My guess is that the people asked to be able to make appointments to see their own doctors rather than have to queue up from 7am ...pen pushers interpreted this as...

People do not care how long they have to wait as long as they see their own doctor.

(I just cannot believe that ordinary patients would ask for longer waiting times)

I've been with this lot since Patterson and Purnell had a surgery on Burnley Road where you walked in, took a numbered tag and waited your turn.

I have absolutely no idea who my doctor is (I lost track after Warburton went to Africa) and frankly I don't care...as long as when I'm ill I can see someone who will either cure me or put my mind at rest that I ain't a terminal case within a couple of days.
Old 11-10-2013, 22:47   #22
Senior Member+

Thanks Guinness, I was trying to remember my old doctors names. Could remember Warburton, but there was one that reminded me of professor Yaffle off bagpuss, I think that was purnell.
I had Dr. Hipwell after Warburton left, a cracking doc, if only every GP were as good as him.
Greeny likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:49   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

I have absolutely no idea who my doctor is (I lost track after Warburton went to Africa) and frankly I don't care...as long as when I'm ill I can see someone who will either cure me or put my mind at rest that I ain't a terminal case within a couple of days.
Thats were it falls down, "As long as" which aint always the case, i had the misfortune to have to see one of the poor uns, at Peel House many years ago ( mine was away) it can be a lottery when yeh see someone yeh dont know.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:40   #24
Beacon of light

Dr Hipwell was a house officer on my ward when I was nursing at QPH and yes he was/is a good doctor(he left to go to a practice somewhere up Newcastle way)........but then so was Dr Gavin, Dr Turner, Dr Sloan and Dr Innes Cameron...these were all in the Avenue Parade practice......it wasn't nearly so difficult to be seen when you were sick, and the doctor you saw probably knew you and your family too.
Now it is so impersonal..you have seven minutes...and that is it.
Bigger definitely isn't better.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:19   #25
Senior Member+

Our practice is not like that. There are only two partners and they both know the familys. Both Doctors did a spell on casualty at Accy Vic when my mum was a staff nurse there
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:23   #26
Senior Member+

We registered at Peel House when we arrived back in Accrington - soon realised how farcical it was there. Now registered with an old fashioned practice - need to see one of the GPs quickly? ring at 0800 and you will normally have an appointment that morning. Home visits - no problem at all, 2 visits (although not requested or needed), when I had my knees done and after my recent sojourn in BRH I had 3 visits.
If you don't like the service at PALS then register somewhere else.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:52   #27
Beacon of light

Barrie, it has taken me years to get used to the Docs at what was Peel House(now Pals) I don't think I could be going and getting used to some other docs...and it is hard to find really good doctors who have spaces on their list...this is especially true if you have been diagnosed with some life limiting long term illness.
So it isn't all that easy to change.
Old 12-10-2013, 14:29   #28
Senior Member+

Dr Hipwell came to my rescue after some quack at Queens Park misdiagnosed a P.E.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 22:27   #29

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats were it falls down, "As long as" which aint always the case, i had the misfortune to have to see one of the poor uns, at Peel House many years ago ( mine was away) it can be a lottery when yeh see someone yeh dont know.
What constitutes a 'poor un'..I heard some horror stories about Turner yet he was instrumental in bringing my second child into this world, and the first wife thought he was the bees knees....others disliked Purnell for his matter of fact clinical diagnosis (great GP but definitely not a people person), personally I had an issue with Sloan because he screwed up diagnosing me (on one single occasion regarding a knee cartiledge)..yet others thought he was great.

One mans meat...etc..
Old 13-10-2013, 09:19   #30
Beacon of light

I worked in a professional capacity with all the doctors you mention(I don't mean at the surgery - but as a Sister on the ward, I spoke to them and liased with them regularly)...They were all good doctors. Conscientious, caring...but human and therefore fallible. We make decisions based on the information we are given...and sometimes because we are human we misunderstand or get the information mixed up...for whatever reason...because we are human.

I could also list some of those who in my opinion(and it is a considered opinion) who were bad....but it would get me into so much trouble that I won't go there

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..