Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2013, 22:02   #61
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Pals Medical Centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You aren't the first person to tell me that.
I prefer the term 'unique' though...or at a very big push 'eccentric'
Eccentric?

Not you,

Down to Earth, in such a manner no mind can fault you.

Now, would you like me to show you how to walk on water?

Only kidding, I've been out with Roy.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-10-2013, 02:52   #62
God Member

Re: Pals Medical Centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You don't need the tin hat...and I know that what you say is true(and I have said the very same thing to my patients when they told me that the generic wasn't as effective)...but it is just that from my own personal experience...and with not just diclofenac either. If you had given me a voltarol it worked for longer than a diclofenac...the full 8 hours...and this is important when you have cracked ribs and want to sleep through the night...sometimes the diclofenac didn't even last 6 hours.
I do not know the reason for it, but I promise you, had you blindfolded me and given me a voltarol....I would most definitely have known the difference.....I would have got at least two more hours sleep.
Diclofenac had to be boosted by paracetamol.
dunno if your aware but people on diclofenac long term are suppossed to be been or already by now taken off diclofenac because was found that it greatly increases the risk of having a stroke. I was taken off it 2 years ago as i had been on it for over 5 years daily..

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2013, 06:46   #63
Beacon of light

I wasn't on it for very long. I take no regular prescibed medications.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2013, 14:34   #64
Senior Member+

I agree with you, Margaret. I was on Cardicor(among other things) for ages. GP put me on a generic, swore it was identical but much cheaper. Within days I was having 'bad heart days'. Went back to have a go, the GP reluctantly agreed a lot of other people had had the same result. Back on Cardicor- fine again very quickly.

It's hard to believe how bad the PALS is- how do they get away with it? You can't plan to be ill 2 weeks ahead because that's the first time you can see what is supposed to be your GP.
How come there hasn't been a mass complaint to the BMA or someone? You have to ring early to see our GPs the same day but can't even book for the next day or any other. They all seem to make their own rules.

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 19-10-2013 at 14:40.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013, 12:17   #65
God Member

the last time i was at accy pals i asked to see my doctor which is pretty much impossible or should i say was.I dont think its too much to ask that you see a doctor familiar with you and your illness but accy pals practice manager does because i wa sinformed that patients no longer had a doctor they had to see who was avialable even if it was a new doctor in training unaware to how teh practice runs yet alone its patients.

i feel sorry for the other departments in that building the doctors side of things (peel house) has dragged the name accy pals through the mud and left it in the gutter

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 08:29   #66
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
I agree with you, Margaret. I was on Cardicor(among other things) for ages. GP put me on a generic, swore it was identical but much cheaper. Within days I was having 'bad heart days'. Went back to have a go, the GP reluctantly agreed a lot of other people had had the same result. Back on Cardicor- fine again very quickly.

It's hard to believe how bad the PALS is- how do they get away with it? You can't plan to be ill 2 weeks ahead because that's the first time you can see what is supposed to be your GP.
How come there hasn't been a mass complaint to the BMA or someone? You have to ring early to see our GPs the same day but can't even book for the next day or any other. They all seem to make their own rules.
Gordon, I do not think it is just me.
I am very sensitive to most meds......that is why I try not to be on anything.

It is very easy for GP's to cite the 'placebo' effect for things like this.
We are all individuals and unique beings, so it is inevitable that some people will have different experiences......and these experiences have to be considered....especially with something as serious as heart drugs.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..