Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2007, 23:13   #16
Resting in peace

Re: Pay as you throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i would have put money on that. lol
Got offered a bungalow last week cashy, told them if I move I want a Top floor flat in a high rise so I can get a little closer to my maker.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-05-2007, 23:13   #17
Give, give, give member

We should all be encouraged to recycle, if we care at all about tomorrow, and the world we leave for future generations.

The fines/rewards, and charging for how much non-recyclable refuge we produce, will be totally unworkable.

It will result in a massive increase in fly tipping, as well as people dumping their rubbish in other people's bins.

In my opinion education about why all of us should want to recycle, should be the way forward.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 23:19   #18
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
We should all be encouraged to recycle, if we care at all about tomorrow, and the world we leave for future generations.

The fines/rewards, and charging for how much non-recyclable refuge we produce, will be totally unworkable.

It will result in a massive increase in fly tipping, as well as people dumping their rubbish in other people's bins.

In my opinion education about why all of us should want to recycle, should be the way forward.
I aggree with you gary, the trouble is the council collectors want it all gift wraped, My Bernadette put some cardboard out last week they did not take it, as it was not 'tied up' my next door neighbour kindly took it to the tip.
Old 24-05-2007, 23:24   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

We won't be as willing to re-cycle as much as we should as long as they (the council), keep using bully boy tactics, the council need to work with the people.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=29962
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 23:24   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
I aggree with you gary, the trouble is the council collectors want it all gift wraped, My Bernadette put some cardboard out last week they did not take it, as it was not 'tied up' my next door neighbour kindly took it to the tip.

I agree. The current situation is that it is supposed to be flattened and tied up, and left propped next to the other rubbish to be recycled.

Many people complain that at present it isn't collected, and very often becomes a soggy mess in the rain, or blows away.

Perhaps we should be issued with a designated sack for cardboard as well.

Old 25-05-2007, 00:38   #21
Resting in peace

Argos is the worst offender the amount of cardboad the send is nothing short of a scandal, most of their flatpack stuff comes from China and do them inscrutible beggars know how to pack stuff. In a bit there will be no trees left to make this chipboard packaging from, it's time they got some crap publicity, Mc Donalds has been pilloried for long enough and they are trying their best to keep it down.
Old 25-05-2007, 05:54   #22

we should be able to take the packerging back to the shop .we bought tv with cinema souround sound the amount of packerging we were left with was mad.
Old 25-05-2007, 07:09   #23
God Member

How much money will HBC make from selling on recycled material? There is no way they are doing this at a loss just to keep some Whitehall manderin happy.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 08:07   #24
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
How much money will HBC make from selling on recycled material? There is no way they are doing this at a loss just to keep some Whitehall manderin happy.
I wonder if those Mandarins along with Hyndburn Council, are going to start recycling their crap, or are they going to pay fines with our money?
Old 25-05-2007, 08:23   #25
God Member

Quote:
I wonder if those Mandarins along with Hyndburn Council, are going to start recycling their crap, or are they going to pay fines with our money?
Pay the fines out of your council tax payments. I have more chance of being on the next flight to the moon than that lot sticking their hands in their own pockets.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 25-05-2007, 08:46   #26
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

will people on benefit have to pay this fine too??
Old 25-05-2007, 09:04   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Argos is the worst offender the amount of cardboad the send is nothing short of a scandal, most of their flatpack stuff comes from China and do them inscrutible beggars know how to pack stuff. In a bit there will be no trees left to make this chipboard packaging from, it's time they got some crap publicity, Mc Donalds has been pilloried for long enough and they are trying their best to keep it down.

As recently highlighted in an article in the Onbserver, thanks to my goodself, no trade waste in Hyndburn is currently recycled, nor is that even possible, even if people wish to do so. This also applies to all the reams of paper, and other waste, produced in council offices and buildings.

A case of do what I say, not do as I do.

Last edited by garinda; 25-05-2007 at 09:08.
Old 25-05-2007, 10:40   #28
God Member

Quote:
A case of do what I say, not do as I do.

Sod that for a malarky. If they cant practice what they preach why should anyone else.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 25-05-2007, 11:39   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Oopps, am I the only person who read the title and thought it said 'pay as you blow'?
I was going to ask how much
Old 25-05-2007, 11:41   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Argos is the worst offender the amount of cardboad the send is nothing short of a scandal
At least cardboard is very easy to recycle. I would rather see cardboard used instead of plastic packaging.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..