Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By accyman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2009, 20:13   #1
God Member

peter mandelson you are

him and his mate adam crozier trying to stitch up the postal workers because they vetoed privatision of royal mail which would have lead to higher postal charges to please the shareholder..im finished with labour till this stool has gone......

Last edited by Mick; 22-10-2009 at 04:14.
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2009, 21:13   #2
Super Moderator

Re: peter mandelson you are

Well, you lot voted him in. Oh no, hang on a minute, you didn't!
Old 21-10-2009, 21:17   #3
God Member

we all love him...oh Mandy
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009, 21:41   #4
God Member

It does look like there will be a national postal strike very soon..the Government need to get involved NOW to sort this out... it's a long standing dispute mostly down to the Royal Mail board who have time after time broken agreements with the P.O and RM workforce...I get the inkling that the RM board are ready to take on the unions at the run up to Christmas because they know thier will be little public support for a postal strike... and let's be realistic.. a strike by Postal workers means no wages for the strikers at Christmas.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:11   #5
Common Sense Member

I personally believe that the only way to make the Post Office commercially viable in the long-term is to capitalise on the public mistrust of the banking system and create a Post Bank.

A simple no-loan no-overdraft no-credit card savings scheme with a debit card that allows people the option of a no-frills bank that is risk free. I would transfer all of my savings tomorrow if I could set up direct debits with the Post Office.
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:19   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I personally believe that the only way to make the Post Office commercially viable in the long-term is to capitalise on the public mistrust of the banking system and create a Post Bank.

A simple no-loan no-overdraft no-credit card savings scheme with a debit card that allows people the option of a no-frills bank that is risk free. I would transfer all of my savings tomorrow if I could set up direct debits with the Post Office.
I agree i think the Post Office are missing a trick big time...but that doesn't surprise me, Noddy and Big Ears could make a better job of running it than it is a present!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 15:49   #7
Common Sense Member

We could do with an MP latching on to the idea and having a go at doing something along those lines. Graham, put it on your list....

Why we don't have a state-owned bank for use by the public is beyond me. It's the obvious answer to any banking crisis and would whittle down the chaff considerably.
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 20:36   #8
God Member

i told you about higher postage charges, now lets see the money they spend floating royal mail next monththeir mates are queuing up for a quick buck.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:02   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
i told you about higher postage charges, now lets see the money they spend floating royal mail next monththeir mates are queuing up for a quick buck.
Labour had just as many mates who Tony and Gordon kowtowed over 13 years, and are now reaping the benefits
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 15:29   #10
God Member

madelson - what a cretin

i think it was called the mandelson media bill he tried shoving through under the prevention of piracey that would have enabled the government to read your personal emails before you even got to.I forget the exact details of his bill but basically your right to privacey would have been oblitorated.When questioned about it he said it was up to teh public to trust government wouldnt abuse the powers if gained.

yeah right lmao

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:46   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
We could do with an MP latching on to the idea and having a go at doing something along those lines. Graham, put it on your list....
wow has communication broken down so much between graham and hyndburn that you have to ask him on a public forum rather than phone or email lol ?

mind you he may not hear you because when it comes to what people of hyndburn want he kinda has his ..

well a picture speaks a 1000 words as they say

jaysay likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 22:36   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

well a picture speaks a 1000 words as they say

I enjoyed that pic too - reminded me about a rumour re - french hospital - mandy looking for a small furry animal.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..