Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2012, 09:34   #1
Senior Member+

Fred Talbot, weatherman

I have received several emails suggsting that Fred Talbot, who is under investigation after allegations about his activities with young lads whilst he was a schoolmaster, taught at Accrington Grammar School. Not so. He taught at Altrincham G.S.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2012, 14:09   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Fred Talbot, weatherman

Did he know Saville?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 15:17   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Did he know Saville?
Does it matter?

If he's actually guilty he will hopefully get what he deserves.
odders likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 15:23   #4

I'm beginning to think, being a so called celeb, a teacher, a scout leader, et al if you get accused, by a child, even if they are wrong, no need for judge and jury the media will condemn you anyway.
I do wonder about linking one nasty crime to another though, is the poster getting some sick kick from it?
Old 22-12-2012, 18:16   #5
Senior Member+

I assure Less that I am getting no kick of any kind out of this post. It refers to the similarity of the names of Accrington and Altrincham.
Old 22-12-2012, 18:22   #6
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I assure Less that I am getting no kick of any kind out of this post. It refers to the similarity of the names of Accrington and Altrincham.
Don't think Less was referring to you Bob.
Old 22-12-2012, 18:25   #7

dont want to take sides, as the subject turns my stomach,. but what happend to the saying,, innocent till proven guilty?.
janloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 19:10   #8
Full Member+

Getting the feeling that a witch Hunt has begun. Anyone classed as a confirmed bachelor is fair game. Dont know if he has done anything but just imagine if he is innocent.
westendlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 19:19   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Getting the feeling that a witch Hunt has begun. Anyone classed as a confirmed bachelor is fair game. Dont know if he has done anything but just imagine if he is innocent.
Its probably all to sell the new Peado Christmas Calendar?
Old 22-12-2012, 20:01   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Its probably all to sell the new Peado Christmas Calendar?
That, is just so wrong ! Bad man Cashy !
Old 22-12-2012, 20:55   #11
JFT96

Maybe, but I need to buy a new keyboard now, thanks to losing a mouthful of tea.

Nice one Cashy

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 08:31   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
No Bob, wasn't referring in anyway to you, it was birdman and his rush to connect one bit of sick news to another bit of sick news.
Old 24-12-2012, 08:40   #13
Senior Member+

Thanks Less. I have sympathy with Fred. The police operation to search his premises should have been kept quiet by the police. He must be feeling awful having to live with his fellow cruisers who could well feel ill-disposed towards him. Since my inirial posting ,another person has spoken to me and confused Altrincham with Accrington.
Old 24-12-2012, 19:21   #14

you have to bear in mind, and its been proved before when any sort of hype about any thing claimable, there are unscrupulus people who seem to make up storys about being involved, i am definetly not saying that this is the case in this instance, but its always possible , that some one is quite ready to lie for gain, hence some poor celebrity gets it in the neck, and as said in a past post any one single is in the fireing line, and is automaticly guilty, wait for the legal outcome before hanging the guy,
maxthecollie likes this.
janloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 23:35   #15
God Member

i know that jim bowen used to steal his pupils fags when he was a teacher but as of yet i havnt heard any reports that hes screwed any of them.

mathew kellys career was killed when allegations of him been a pedo were made because someone saw that he had a collection of disney films yet didnt have any kids.On that basis god help anyone who has nephews or neices and gets films in for them.Ironically after many years banished from TV he made a re appearance as some kind of psychotic killer or maybe a rapist on his death bed but i cant recall the tv shows name.He was bald and a lot fatter and unrecognisable as the man who brought us stars in their eyes.

mind you in this country your tv career can be ended for telling a few risky jokes.Just ask jim davidson.Goes out and entertains our troops where the people who condem him wont step foot but hes not fit to have a tv show ...
vecrra, scoot66 and maxthecollie like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 27-12-2012 at 23:39.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..