Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2013, 09:24   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Fred Talbot, weatherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

mind you in this country your tv career can be ended for telling a few risky jokes.Just ask jim davidson.Goes out and entertains our troops where the people who condem him wont step foot but hes not fit to have a tv show ...
Seems the police are condemning Jim Davidson now.
Old 03-01-2013, 14:42   #17
God Member

You can follow Operation Yewtree news and rumours here -
Yewtree | theneedleblog

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 15:30   #18
God Member

it would be nice if they actually tried and convicted someone before splattering their name all over the press and social media.I hope all those making false accusations are in line for punishment or would that not be fair ?

next week no doubt someone will try and cash in claiming the bannana splits gang raped them or emu pecked my pecker accusations

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 16:18   #19
JFT96

Heaven forbid that someone should be viewed inocent until proved guilty in a court of law by 12 of his peers.

We now have websites, that try, convict and given the chance will carry out justice

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 16:21   #20
Senior Member+

So far as Jim Davidson is concerned, I have the feeling that any female adults he 'paid attention' to knew what the score was. I wouldn't like him to be convicted on the same sort of evidence that saw Owen Oyston go to prison.

We've heard little from Fred Talbot in the past few weeks. Maybe he is sheltering from stormy weather.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 16:39   #21
God Member

I am following the blogs of two men who were childrens home abuse victims.

They are annoyed that police are rounding up ancient celebs who 'abused' females (often mature ones), and so giving the alive politician current abusers of boys time to cover their tracks.

Last edited by MargaretR; 03-01-2013 at 16:43.
Old 03-01-2013, 17:06   #22

Many quote the 'saying' - Innocent until proven guilty - but lots of guilty people get away with their crimes because there is insufficient evidence or witnesses are reluctant to testify or 'it's not in the public interest' to prosecute.

The Scottish verdict "Not Proven" (innocent but don't do it again) has some merit.

I will be interested to see the outcome of the Geoffrey Huhne case now that they have given him more than ample time to make up a good story.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 17:09   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I wouldn't like him to be convicted on the same sort of evidence that saw Owen Oyston go to prison.
You think Owen Oyston WASN'T a criminal ?
Old 03-01-2013, 17:19   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
You think Owen Oyston WASN'T a criminal ?
For those who are too young to recall the Oyston scandal -

Agency boss drugged models for sex; 20 years for beast who lured kids. - Free Online Library

Old 03-01-2013, 17:42   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
So far as Jim Davidson is concerned, I have the feeling that any female adults he 'paid attention' to knew what the score was. I wouldn't like him to be convicted on the same sort of evidence that saw Owen Oyston go to prison.

We've heard little from Fred Talbot in the past few weeks. Maybe he is sheltering from stormy weather.
from what i recall of jim davidson he was too busy banging page 3 models and loosing his driving licence in the 80's and way too busy to bother trying to get sex from people who wernt offering it.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 18:19   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
from what i recall of jim davidson he was too busy banging page 3 models and loosing his driving licence in the 80's and way too busy to bother trying to get sex from people who wernt offering it.
Don't you think he just expected every girl to want him - whether they did or not?
Old 03-01-2013, 18:29   #27
JFT96

Seeing he, nor Fred have been charged, I would have thought he is still to be considered innocent.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 18:51   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Seeing he, nor Fred have been charged, I would have thought he is still to be considered innocent.
I would say it's in the balance - accusations have been made, don't know if they will be proved or not.
Old 03-01-2013, 18:54   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
I would say it's in the balance - accusations have been made, don't know if they will be proved or not.
Agreed think the idea is to put the fear of god into future would be offenders. also MargaretR has a good point doing so called stars, gives Politicians time to hide the evidence.
Old 03-01-2013, 18:58   #30
God Member

I suspect that Davison has been questioned about what he claims to know rather than allegations of abuse of two mature women. The allegations may be to pressure info out of him.

Daily Star 26th Oct 2012
"In a sensational blog on his official website Davidson, 58, claims to know the identity of another personality paedo who is about to be unmasked."

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..