Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2013, 19:13   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Fred Talbot, weatherman

I think there was sufficient doubt about the allegations against Owen Oyston that he ought to have had the benefit of the doubt.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2013, 19:29   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I think there was sufficient doubt about the allegations against Owen Oyston that he ought to have had the benefit of the doubt.
There was plenty of political back stabbing going on connected with the Oyston affair, as revealed here
Our Friends in the North West: The Owen Oyston Affair

If you read it you will see many names you recognise in Lancs politics.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 21:49   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Agreed think the idea is to put the fear of god into future would be offenders. also MargaretR has a good point doing so called stars, gives Politicians time to hide the evidence.
it can also puts the fear into genuine victims coming forward when people start jumping on the band waggon falsly claiming they were sexually abused when they wernt and nothing happens like charges been pressed for example because nothing did happen.

mind you jim davidsons an easy target hes already labled a racist so why not a pedo or sex offender

im pretty sure the women that lay under him were there of their own free will and enjoyed the free exposure selling sex tales to teh red top rags got them that they wouldnt have got sleeping with every day joe.

god i hope as they drove off he pulled out his old classic line Nick nick nic nick

jimmy white used to do a lot of page 3 girls i wonder how long before someone ties dragging him through the dirt..

its just got ridiculous to the point any allegations are met with sceptism

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 03-01-2013 at 21:52.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 21:20   #34
God Member

This operation Yewtree is appearing to be a cover up.
A few 'celebs' who are past their sell by date are being sacrificed to be condemned by the public (whether guilty or not) to give the appearance that 'action is being taken'.

"Houston we have a problem" - which is...... Freemasonry.

Too many high ranking police officers are pledged to protect 'fellow brothers on the square'.

Last edited by MargaretR; 04-01-2013 at 21:23.
Old 04-01-2013, 22:52   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
]

"Houston we have a problem"
blimey have they gotto her as well now ......

ok ok selective quoting i know but.....
MargaretR likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 05-01-2013, 08:42   #36
Senior Member+

I am not a freemason. I know that Jim Davidson is. I know there have been instances of brotherly assistance, but I don't think that freemasonry is a problem on the scale which Margaret sees.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:28   #37
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I am not a freemason. I know that Jim Davidson is. I know there have been instances of brotherly assistance, but I don't think that freemasonry is a problem on the scale which Margaret sees.
There are no problems as large as Mags sees them, she must live her life in self inflicted, sheer panic, because of the things she reads and puts links to.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:47   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
There are no problems as large as Mags sees them, she must live her life in self inflicted, sheer panic, because of the things she reads and puts links to.
Freemasons in the police leading the attack on David Cameron's riot response - Telegraph

Dear Less I appreciate your concern for my welfare and write to assure you that I don't 'do' panic.
Attached Images
File Type: gif y8344.gif (13.3 KB, 8 views)

Old 05-01-2013, 20:13   #39
God Member

Quote:
I am not a freemason. I know that Jim Davidson is.

He resigned from freemason Chelsea lodge.
Our "Masonic Black Sheep"

"Jim Davidson, the UK comic whose 'comedy' routines filled with obscenities brought him to celebrity status resigned as Master of Chelsea Lodge in England in July, 2002 after telling a string of off-color jokes at a ladies' night gala. The TV funnyman shocked 850 members and guests at the £70 per person party with his blue routine. Davidson was hosting the star-studded event at London's Hilton Hotel but his 20-minute performance, in which he used obscenities and poked fun at blacks, Jews and the establishment, went down so badly that a string of complaints were sent to Grand Lodge. John Hamil, Director of Communications for the United Grand Lodge of England said: "There was an incident at the party and Jim was challenged about it. He has now apologised unreservedly to those concerned and resigned from the lodge in view of the embarrassment. His behaviour was not what it should have been because he has upset lodge officials."

He went on to found an Armed Forces lodge. If we ever get placed under Martial Law, I suppose that could be useful to him.
Dutchbarge likes this.

Last edited by Neil; 07-01-2013 at 09:45. Reason: fix quote
Old 05-01-2013, 20:52   #40
Full Member+

Funny how politicians seem to be immune from arrest.

I read an article last year written by a journalist who said that as a teenager he was sexually assaulted by the MP Kenneth Clarke. The journalist said that he reported it to the police when all the Saville (et al) victims were coming forward.
Still waiting for news of Clarke's arrest but don't think it'll happen...
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 22:38   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Funny how politicians seem to be immune from arrest.

I read an article last year written by a journalist who said that as a teenager he was sexually assaulted by the MP Kenneth Clarke. The journalist said that he reported it to the police when all the Saville (et al) victims were coming forward.
Still waiting for news of Clarke's arrest but don't think it'll happen...
if it was a tory MP it will be just put down as expected behaviour in the sexual deviants of the 80's folder.

not a dig at the tory party just fact that the ajority of sex scandals of teh 80's involved tory MP's

Old 06-01-2013, 20:22   #42
God Member

BOTH parties have been at it.

labour25 | This site is about Labour Party Paedophiles

Old 06-01-2013, 23:25   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
christ if they arnt screwing us they are screwing our kids

i must admit the bbc are seeming to severly down played the seriousness of recent events and it does seem that names that are known to be innocent are been thrown out at any opprotunity to make it look as if its a small problem with a few liars trying to cash in

Last edited by accyman; 06-01-2013 at 23:27.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:07   #44

I think that (at this stage) trying to brand the accusers as liars is just as prejudicial as assuming the accused are guilty. Perhaps it was the fear of being called liars that has stopped people speaking out in the past?
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:45   #45
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I think you get the same sort of friendly assistance from other clubs/associations as well and not just the masons. If you are friendly with people at the golf club/social club/pub/gym etc you will be more likely to them out than someone you don't know.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..