Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2007, 15:53   #16
I am Banned

Re: playstation 3

I know ****** all about computers anyway all i know is what im told lol
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2007, 16:22   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
you could always play games on your pc and if your willing to spend 500 quid on 1 item for you pc you could get similar graphics as a xbox 360 lol

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=552274
Good cards them I got the lower version air cooled.

Good thing with PC cards though is they also update as advances are made.

And Pc games get updated also for online play new maps as a example will the PS3 be similer?
Old 23-03-2007, 19:35   #18
Senior Member+

If anyone is desperate to get their hands on a PS3 I know that Game will have a VERY limited number in tomorrow morning strictly on a first come first served basis. Get down VERY early !
Old 23-03-2007, 19:59   #19
God Member

Chav, PCs will ALWAYS push the technical boundaries. the core of a PC will need very little updating and everyone knows that keeping one step behind teh bleeding edge saves you an absolute fortune. I have friends who IMHO waste hundreds on keeping up with gaming standards. thats their pleasure in life, I have another friend who has spent(wasted) > 70 THOUSAND ponds on his lotus elise over the last 6 years. Again, thats his pleasure (Oh and that 70K doesn't include the money spent on track days or getting to them all over Europe)

Games consoles on the other hand are fixed hardware and from that moment on its down to software to push the limits of the platform. We also seem to be hiiting a position wher gameplay is back on teh list of priorities! Look at teh Wii, most of teh people I know prefer playing that over their Xbox360s, Yes I know, more money than sense to own both

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 20:03   #20
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Chav, PCs will ALWAYS push the technical boundaries. the core of a PC will need very little updating and everyone knows that keeping one step behind teh bleeding edge saves you an absolute fortune. I have friends who IMHO waste hundreds on keeping up with gaming standards. thats their pleasure in life, I have another friend who has spent(wasted) > 70 THOUSAND ponds on his lotus elise over the last 6 years. Again, thats his pleasure (Oh and that 70K doesn't include the money spent on track days or getting to them all over Europe)

Games consoles on the other hand are fixed hardware and from that moment on its down to software to push the limits of the platform. We also seem to be hiiting a position wher gameplay is back on teh list of priorities! Look at teh Wii, most of teh people I know prefer playing that over their Xbox360s, Yes I know, more money than sense to own both
Thought u was going to tell us it ran on linux then for a mo
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 20:04   #21
God Member

it will before long

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 20:11   #22
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
it will before long
well teh xbox1 runs linux pretty well much to bill gates annoyance

to make a pc perform to teh same standard as a 360 you would have to spend at least double on your computer

to get it to perform to teh standard of a ps3 just rip out your cpu
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007, 08:24   #23

PS3?! I've only just got the Play Station 2 lol. As long as it plays dance mat games I'm happy
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007, 17:52   #24
Senior Member+

spuggie - course i'd have the ps3

but if i was buying one or the other

i'd go for the wii - cheaper and games are cheaper too
Old 26-03-2007, 19:07   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
spuggie - course i'd have the ps3

but if i was buying one or the other

i'd go for the wii - cheaper and games are cheaper too

I will be honest and say I wouldnt know which to get disregarding prices and game availability. It would depend on whether I used it often enough to justifying having one which at the mo is no, but who knows maybe in the future.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007, 20:25   #26
I am Banned

the wii is a good gimik with teh handle tingy but the graphics are terrible especialy on a large screen
Old 31-03-2007, 05:14   #27
Senior Member+

hmmmm

but i think nin did a good thing in that they didnt start shooting for the high tech end of hte market and went for something innovative like the wii

deep down they knew they cudnt compete against the hi-tech stats of the ps3 and the 360 so they did htis and they've made a hit.
Old 03-04-2007, 22:24   #28
Senior Member+

In its second week of release in the UK, Chart Track has revealed and confirmed that sales of the Sony PlayStation 3 have plummeted 82 percent.

Chart Track gathered the information from over 7000 UK retail outlets including Gamestation, play.com, HMV and GAME.

After a strong first week it seems the demand for the PS3 has fallen substantially in the UK.

Also in this weeks charts it is revealed that sales of the top PS3 games; Resistance: Fall of Man and MotorStorm have dropped by over 60 percent.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has yet to comment on the numbers.
Old 06-04-2007, 22:05   #29
I am Banned

simple reason is sony got to greedy and basicly built an inferior machine that looks good on paper but inferior compared to its competetors

world wide sales prove this

bye bye sony you greedy gits

mind you if they drop them to 50 quid and games to a fiver each i will buy one

looks like blueray didnt save their backsides in teh console war lmfao
Old 06-04-2007, 22:29   #30
God Member

Blueray was a mistake. I couldn't give a rats ass if my console can play blueray dvds of which I have never come across yet. I doubt my tv would be able to take advantage of blueray quality anyway.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..