Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2007, 08:44   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

playstation 3

this morning all of britain was selling the ps3, well im one who will not be getting one as i wont pay the price they are selling at!! £425

wonder how long it will be before they start selling them on ebay for double the price??

so whos got one??
why when there arnt that many games??
Old 23-03-2007, 10:27   #2
God Member

Re: playstation 3

Its not the b all and end all not having one. Too me they are just a reason to spend hard earned cash that might be needed elsewhere. Wait till crimbo and ask your other half nicely for one. Even with the technology in it its a rip off and though they say there are plenty in stock;

Sony PlayStation 3 - UK-spec - Brand New - No Reserve**

Free Next DayDelivery! or collect 23 March-100%fbseller
24 £420.00
Free PayPal Buyer Protection Programme 1h 14m

http://video-games.search.ebay.co.uk...QQsacatZ139971

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Last edited by SPUGGIE J; 23-03-2007 at 10:32.
SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 10:44   #3
Senior Member+

in the usa they're not doin well either

being outsold by nin wii 2/1

at that price do u blame them - a 4-5 yr shelf life isnt worth that kinda cash
Old 23-03-2007, 10:52   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
in the usa they're not doin well either

being outsold by nin wii 2/1

at that price do u blame them - a 4-5 yr shelf life isnt worth that kinda cash

So you would have a Wii then Mani?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 23-03-2007, 11:03   #5
Senior Member+

To Expensive.

Brought out to late.

I bet games are £50.00.

I think I will stick to my PC.
Old 23-03-2007, 11:38   #6
I am Banned

I wouldnt say £425 is expensive. Only £75 more than Xbox 360 when released and brought out to late? When would you have brought it out? Right in time for summer and then crimbo i think is good time to start selling it. Oh and games are £35-40
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 12:19   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadah View Post
I wouldnt say £425 is expensive. Only £75 more than Xbox 360 when released and brought out to late? When would you have brought it out? Right in time for summer and then crimbo i think is good time to start selling it. Oh and games are £35-40

You can get a decent comp that will play games for that price and you don't need accessories to go online. Though from what I have read its "hot".

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 23-03-2007, 12:21   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Still To Dear, so is Xbox.

Should of come out same time as Xbox.

£40 for a game still to expensive.
Old 23-03-2007, 15:20   #9
I am Banned

To bring it out with xbox would have had an impact on sales so selling it at a time where no other console is being released is best. Just as nintendo did with the Wii. I dont think its expensive then again i can afford it where others in other circumstancies may not be able to (family, bills etc) and £40 is the same as all the games for all other consoles so only the same.
Old 23-03-2007, 15:23   #10
I am Banned

not only is teh xbox a muh better machine you can get copied games for it

ask the guy who tried selling copied games and modified consoles on here lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 15:24   #11
I am Banned

Give it time and you will be able to for the PS3. I cant comment on how good or bad xbox is as ive never used one.
Old 23-03-2007, 15:30   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Give it time and you will be able to for the PS3. I cant comment on how good or bad xbox is as ive never used one.

ps3 uses blueray and a blueray dvd writer is roughly £1000 at the moment so its not realy cost effective for the pirates to buy one yet plus teh actual blue ray blank media will probably be about £5 a disk maybe more

ive played teh 360 and will be getting one once they drop in price which i predict will be soon now teh ps3 is out but seen as teh ps3 is selling so badly world wide microsoft may not feel the need to drop prices but if tehy do it will give the greedy sods sony a good kick in the nuts who basicly every time they release a condsole over price it knowing that kids will beg for it until they get one

Last edited by chav1; 23-03-2007 at 15:35.
Old 23-03-2007, 15:37   #13
I am Banned

you could always play games on your pc and if your willing to spend 500 quid on 1 item for you pc you could get similar graphics as a xbox 360 lol

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=552274
Old 23-03-2007, 15:45   #14
I am Banned

Chav where did you study electronics lol
Old 23-03-2007, 15:47   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Chav where did you study electronics lol
lol my point is you can pay more for a graphics card than for either a ps3 or xbox 360

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..