Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2009, 19:43   #1

Police assault @ G20 protest leads to death

Video of police assault on Ian Tomlinson, who died at G20 protest | UK news | guardian.co.uk

Video pretty much says it all
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2009, 20:01   #2
Passed away 25-11-09

Re: Police assault @ G20 protest leads to death

Horrendous. What a big brave policeman to attack an obviously uninvolved man - and from behind. I hope to God he, at the very least, loses his job and goes to Court but I very much doubt it will happen.
Old 07-04-2009, 20:58   #3
God Member

It looked as though the guy was totally plastered, and had hardly any idea the police were behind him, I also noticed the offending officer looked directly at the camera, and promptly disappeared.
Old 07-04-2009, 21:24   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Like west ender i doubt very much if that copper will see the inside of a court for this, should have the book thrown at him, but they do investigate themselves.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:30   #5
God Member

seems they (the Police) are damned if they do and then damned again if they don't , at one time they were seen as being above/independant of Politics (apart from the fact they were all Masons), now I'm not so sure
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:57   #6
God Member

err, he pushed him then later he has a heart attack, how are the two events related? As usual do gooders making mountains out of pimples

He should be grateful he wasn't protesting in France, he would have had a baton bruise or two to go with his collection!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:48   #7
Senior Member+

Its a pity we dont see footage of what happened before the camera started filming. Could he perhaps been involved in an altercation with the police further up that street ?

I agree with the others, at the time he was hit from behind he was walking away, caused no threat etc and had his hands in his pockets.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:25   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
err, he pushed him then later he has a heart attack, how are the two events related? As usual do gooders making mountains out of pimples

He should be grateful he wasn't protesting in France, he would have had a baton bruise or two to go with his collection!
oh well that makes it alright then does it?
Old 08-04-2009, 09:31   #9
God Member

hang on here, we complain when the Police do sod all then winge when faced with a baying mob they stand up to them. I know I wouldn't have like to be a Policeman on that line who for doing nothing but their job become the target of abuse and attack.

Can you all please make up your mind????

Just in case its not clear, mine is

Police to be active and to stop treating crims as 'victims'

peaceful protest should be just that, the Police are not your target so stop striking out at them or suffer the consequences.

Courts should give out proper sentences

40 years for carrying a knife, life(and I mean LIFE) for an unlicensed Gun. GBH a min of 20 years, no parole no playstations, no holiday camps, too many prisoners, fine, offshore them to India/Pakistan for a cheaper cost(I'm more than sure that they would take them for a modest sum per person), once there not our problem, don't like this idea? don;t do the crime.

Am I some weirdo radical or do I actually want this Country to be somewhere worth Living?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:57   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

that was assault in anybodys book, a guy walking away, hands in pockets, attacked from behind, its a shame ya can't see that. perhaps yer eyes need testing?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:52   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

no-ones arguing about tougher sentences n things what you are implying is that the law as it stands, should NOT apply to policemen. theres plenty of good coppers as there is in any walk of life, if you think what happened on that video is acceptable then yes you are weird IMHO.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:04   #12
God Member

To attack the man from behind without warning is assault without question?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:55   #13
Senior Member+

Interesting read from the daily mail .... The man was not involved in the protests and was actually walking home from work ....

G20 police officer who hit man minutes before he died could face criminal charges | Mail Online
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:03   #14

Like cashman say,s i dont think the copper will see the court room but iam just seen the footage on the new,s and iam shock,t wth what ive seen.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:58   #15
JFT96

Not going to take sides on this, but lets remember we are ontly hearing one side of the story here.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..