Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2013, 20:49   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Post Office Sell Off - Welcome To Tory Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
Margaret, 2 things in life I don,t like. 1 is Bad ale. and 2 some of the Clowns on here who can do nothing but cut and paste. One thing that I do like though are people like you who talk sense and can back up whatever they say due to experiences in life and profession. I have to say that every experience that I have ever had in the hospitals in this great country of mine have always been very good apart from the last one. If it wasn't for some of the members of your profession, I would not be writing this now. You are 100% right with what you say regarding nurses and agency staff. I have just had an operation in the William Harvey Hospital in Kent. Not one English Doctor or Surgeon did I see in the 3 days I was there. Only 2 English nurses were available to cover 3 interconnecting wards with a total of 24 patients. Everybody else, foreigners. From the Agency nurses to the tea and dinner ladies to the ward cleaners. The recognised spoken language for the wards apart from the 2 English nurses was East European. Whatever happened to Matron.
Me to mog i also would not be here if it were not for the fantastic (in general) staff of the nhs
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2013, 05:45   #107
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
What is nothing short of treason?

Which of the above ramblings is it?

Foreign Companies?
Tax dodgers?
The party for Britain?
Immigration?
Liars?
Milliband?
A 3 day a week postal Service?
All of the above?

Or

Your corruption of the Queens English and any type of logical thought?
selling off a service which is not theirs to sell. they weren't even elected, they had to form a coalition, which means they are not even in the right to sell. Gordon's brown biggest mistake was not to call a general election when he first came in and to safeguard essential services along with keeping mandelson away from the labour party..
Old 17-09-2013, 06:38   #108
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
Gordon's brown biggest mistake was not to call a general election when he first came in and to safeguard essential services along with keeping mandelson away from the labour party..
Let me sit dowm.......I am seeing things is this our 'blind faith' New Labour supporter actually admitting that any of this revered party got something wrong?

Pass me the smelling salts......I'm going to have to lie down!

NO C'mon you are wrong........that wasn't Gordon Brown's biggest mistake...it was just one of a string of mistakes that he and his colleagues made.
Most of the mistakes GB made were while he was Chancellor , and in charge of the money.

Our children and our grandchildren will be paying for them in the years to come.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 16:25   #109
Senior Member+

Quote:
tnt another foreign firm who avoid paying full tax .there will be nothing british owned thanks to the tory lies. we are the party for Britain = fail we will get tax dodgers = fail we will keep the nhs = fail tough on immigration = fail they are liars or incompetent . if milliband has anything about him he would re-nationalize royal mail , the utilities and the railways. that's billions £s more to leave the economy and the country. tnt are pulling a flanker by taking the government to court because whoever buys the royal mail will start with a 20% reduction in their vat, when in fact they could turn round and buy the royal mail on the cheap. say hello to 3 days a week post. this is nothing short of treason.
I saw the TNT guy this morning cycling by on his orange bike, looks like Norman Tebbit's wish has come true - "on your bike" and the Royal Mail posties may end up on their bikes in stead of the vans they currently use!

This is a photo of my local Royal Mail sorting office which is about as big as Karimor was back in the 70's...and currently being demolished.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg royal mail 1.jpg (305.8 KB, 9 views)
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 17:11   #110
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Bloody hell John three different wards no wonder the nhs is on its knees
I was in a total of 9 weeks, admitted twice, being moved once to isolation due to MRSA 4 weeks on C6 3 weeks on C9 2 weeks on B6
Old 17-09-2013, 17:15   #111
Resting in Peace

Quote:
selling off a service which is not theirs to sell. they weren't even elected, they had to form a coalition, which means they are not even in the right to sell. Gordon's brown biggest mistake was not to call a general election when he first came in and to safeguard essential services along with keeping mandelson away from the labour party..
Well at least your on the right track, we'd have got shut of Labour three years earlier than we did which would have save a small fortune, seeing Brown started throwing money about like confetti during his time at number 10, money we didn't have money he borrowed and we're still paying for now
Old 17-09-2013, 18:15   #112
God Member

£3.2 billion coming into the coffers thanks to Gordon brown
Old 17-09-2013, 18:19   #113
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Don't mention what went out,when he flogged the gold off.
Old 17-09-2013, 18:23   #114
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That's peanuts compared with the money he wasted
Old 18-09-2013, 23:16   #115
God Member

facts and figures please. anyway with the privatized post office your details will be sold off to the highest bidder and you will never find out as the freedom of information act doesn't cover private firms due to the commercial act .
Old 19-09-2013, 17:55   #116
Resting in Peace

Quote:
facts and figures please. anyway with the privatized post office your details will be sold off to the highest bidder and you will never find out as the freedom of information act doesn't cover private firms due to the commercial act .
Ill state posting facts and figure when you refrain from relying on duff info from the Guardian and other stupid publications, anyway there's no need for facts and figures it was as plain as nose on your face that this country was going down the tubes fast in 2010, thanks to your Scottish buddies Tony and Gordon, spend spend spend, just like Viv Nicholson, she ended up broke as well
Old 19-09-2013, 18:50   #117

more tory sell offs to come, police,fire brigade,ambulance service,nhs,public services,houses of parliament,schools,royalty the list is endless,so let them get on with it.
jack preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 22:15   #118
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack preston View Post
more tory sell offs to come, police,fire brigade,ambulance service,nhs,public services,houses of parliament,schools,royalty the list is endless,so let them get on with it.
Yep, why not?

We're all in it together, mind you it's going to be a bit cramped when we all go to hell in the same handcart!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 08:16   #119
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yep, why not?

We're all in it together, mind you it's going to be a bit cramped when we all go to hell in the same handcart!
Nah Less, that'll be privatised too, so there'll be only places for those who can afford it, the rest of us will have to use the stairs.
Old 20-09-2013, 17:35   #120
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Nah Less, that'll be privatised too, so there'll be only places for those who can afford it, the rest of us will have to use the stairs.
Can I have a piggyback please Dave

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..