Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2010, 23:44   #226
Senior Member+

Re: reasons to hate the tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'Your rights'

Every single person, could bleat their own individual 'rights' are an important civil rights issue, even those who seek to harm others, in the process.

The biggest right is for the majority to feel, and be, safe.
That's what Hitler said -" The people must be safe from the Communists, Jews etc etc!" The law he brought in was called the Enabling Act it's full name was...

"Law to Remedy the Distress of the People and the Reich"). That is exactly what your saying, "we have to bring in this law to make the people feel safe!" More laws are not the way to make people feel safe! Governments are about making people "afraid" if it's not terrorism it will some other disease or climate change or something else! Bla bla bla...
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2010, 23:44   #227
Give, give, give member

If an innocent person is wrongly held in custody, they can be compensated.

If an innocent person loses their life, because of the evil actions of a terrorist, for example, compensation is of little value to the victim.

To me this is a very straightforward issue.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 23:49   #228
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's an open secret that this already goes on and has done for many years at a complex in the wonderfully-named Blubberhouses.

I forget now exactly where they are but they look like two huge golf balls in the middle of nowhere.
Huge golf balls would require huge holes..maybe Home Secretary Theresa May will provide them..or they could always give Kerry Catona a job in the cabinet.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 23:53   #229
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post

That's what Hitler said -" The people must be safe from the Communists, Jews etc etc!" The law he brought in was called the Enabling Act it's full name was...

"Law to Remedy the Distress of the People and the Reich"). That is exactly what your saying, "we have to bring in this law to make the people feel safe!" More laws are not the way to make people feel safe! Governments are about making people "afraid" if it's not terrorism it will some other disease or climate change or something else! Bla bla bla...
I've stated my view.

I'm not going to go round the houses on this one.

It's turning into the sort of teenage pot-head conversations, I always tried to avoid as a child.

Anyway I thought the Nazis said Schnell! Schnell!

I didn't know Hitler spoke my own words verbatim.

I never even knew he could speak English.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 23:58   #230
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post

Right I'm invoking Godwins law
Quote:
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches".
Which means the thread has now gone on for too long, time to start afresh.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 00:04   #231
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Don't particularly care who reads what I write, or watches what I do.

I have nothing to hide, nor do anything to be ashamed, or afraid of.
Same here, and whether we like it or not they know everything there is to know about us. By the by as I don't/won't shop on-line am I being foolish or what???? Don't trust the internet that much myself but am prepared to be converted My bank details are private (even though I have nothing) but sure as hell ain't going to put my details on the WWB to get an overdraft I never asked for

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..