Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2010, 12:59   #106
Common Sense Member

Re: reasons to hate the tories

The only Tories we seem to have left are Jaysay ('13 years of Labour rule....zzzzzz') and Andrew 'Straight Answer' B.

I can't wait for this.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2010, 13:11   #107
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
The only Tories we seem to have left are Jaysay ('13 years of Labour rule....zzzzzz') and Andrew 'Straight Answer' B.

I can't wait for this.
Well, Jaysay's already said he doesn't agree with item 1 and Andrew seemed to disappear when I first brought it up this morning, so I'm not holding my breath.

As for item 2, Tories usually take the "I don't like it any better than you, but those are the rules so what can we do about it?" line...which, of course, is a load of bunkum. Cameron could give us a referendum on the whole question of EU membership...but, like Labour and the LibDems, he daren't even go there because he knows the answer he'd get.
Old 21-10-2010, 17:51   #108
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Well, Jaysays already said he doesn't agree with item 1 and Andrew seemed to disappear when I first brought it up this morning, so I'm not holding my breath.

As for item 2, Tories usually take the "I don't like it any better than you, but those are the rules so what can we do about it?" line...which, of course, is a load of bunkum. Cameron could give us a referendum on the whole question of EU membership...but, like Labour and the Lib Dems, he daren't even go there because he knows the answer he'd get.
Oh not that same old cherry, whats the point of a referendum cosing millions that has not standing, the time for a referendum was before the one eyed Jock signed up to it, a referendum after was useless, but has I've said earlier there may well be one in the offing as Merkel and Sarkozy are not happy and are after a rewrite
Old 21-10-2010, 19:02   #109
God Member

This government can call a referendum on wether to stay or leave the union.. in fact the government can leave the EU without any need for a referendum.. but the tories will do what they always have... moan and groan from the sidelines, do nothing and blame labour, when the truth is that the agreements signed by Heath,Thatcher and Major had Britian stitched up long before Brown got in power.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 19:29   #110
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Oh not that same old cherry, whats the point of a referendum cosing millions that has not standing, the time for a referendum was before the one eyed Jock signed up to it, a referendum after was useless, but has I've said earlier there may well be one in the offing as Merkel and Sarkozy are not happy and are after a rewrite
Read my post properly - I said a referendum on the whole question of EU membership. There's plenty of point in that but the Tories won't give us one (nor for that matter will Labour or the LibDems) because they're worried they'll get the answer they don't want.
Old 21-10-2010, 19:38   #111
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
That's another problem were going to inherit. Somehow I think I've seen this film before.Local Government has come out if this spending review very badly. Soft target for the Government.

There will be council job losses all over the country. Then with changes in housing benefit it's going to mean a lot of pain and misery for people put out of their jobs. Changes such as you can only claim full housing benefit for the 1st 12 months that you are unemployed after that it's cut to 90%! Where are people going to get the extra 10% if they can't get a job?

Labour's policy on giving out 1,000's of pounds to pay for luxury accomodation for immigrants is just one example of the madness that responsible for leading to these cuts and causing misery for many people...

Former asylum-seekers given housing benefit for £8,000-a-month Kensington home - Telegraph

Cuts in benefits, cuts in the Justice System, cuts in Police are all going to lead to more crime.

Last edited by kestrelx; 21-10-2010 at 19:41.
kestrelx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 21:20   #112
God Member

and another reason BBC News - Murdoch urges Cameron to 'stay the course' on cuts
Old 21-10-2010, 21:40   #113
Senior Member+

Another reason, increase to foreign aid charity i am afraid begins at home!!!
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 21:42   #114
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Another reason, increase to foreign aid charity i am afraid begins at home!!!
Already been mentioned. Still waiting for someone to come on here and support it!
Old 21-10-2010, 21:45   #115
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
George Osborne hinted yesterday that the 37% increase was a mandatory requirement from Europe.

It's time to reappraise this European Ideal and start looking after our own. Not exactly the official party line but it really is time for a bit of common sense here when sending money to rich countries is immune from cuts and frontline home services who look after us are being trimmed back.
****** europe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21-10-2010, 21:46   #116
Senior Member+

Yeah sorry didnt see that bit of the thread
Old 21-10-2010, 21:51   #117
Senior Member+

What bugs me about the eu thing is that a lot of other countries seem to take the best bits from membership and if any parts dont fit their agenda they either ignore it or tell the eu to shove it. Were as we seem to go along with everything even the crap that is detremental to us.
Old 21-10-2010, 22:07   #118
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Yeah sorry didnt see that bit of the thread
Worth mentioning again anyway, as we're STILL waiting for some passing Tory to explain why increasing overseas aid is a good idea. And what's the Labour take on this?...are they opposed to increasing overseas aid or do they agree with what the government have done? It's all shrouded in mystery!
Old 21-10-2010, 22:09   #119
God Member

Going back to the original post.. the tories say the last government spent to much on the police,defence,welfare,eduction,housing...but before the election they said not enough of GDP was spent on "essential services"... seeing as they have made massive cuts can any tory explian what they mean by "essential services"?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 22:12   #120
Senior Member+

The problem is i think its money to oil the wheels of trade between these countries and whoever is giving the "aid" so if that stops they turn round and say were not buying anymore of your goods ie guns tanks ,rockets planes etc not food for our starving people or medical aid

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..