Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2010, 11:45   #61
Give, give, give member

Re: reasons to hate the tories

Personally, since the country is facing such devastating cuts, it suprises me that overseas aid is being ring-fenced, and the money we send abroad is to remain the same.

When the bank account is empty, expensive foreign holidays are usually the first to go.

We may be bankrupt, but we can still pretend we are Lady Bountiful, I suppose.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2010, 11:59   #62
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Personally, since the country is facing such devastating cuts, it suprises me that overseas aid is being ring-fenced, and the money we send abroad is to remain the same.

When the bank account is empty, expensive foreign holidays are usually the first to go.

Chipping in a few quid following a natural disaster is one thing but ringfencing it and then giving millions to places such as India with their own space program is not my idea of charity.

Great Britain is broke, unemployment rising, frontline services facing severe cuts but can you imagine the unimaginable damage it would cause if someone said the government was racist?

That bloody word is the most powerful weapon on Earth and Great Britain seems defenceless against it.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 12:04   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
then giving millions to places such as India with their own space program is not my idea of charity.

Aid to China and India will stop. I can't beleive it has been going on anyway considering the number of jobs they have probably taken from here !!
Old 20-10-2010, 12:52   #64

Never mind, in a few years at this rate we will be a third world country and then we can go begging from them.
They need to stop worrying about what other countries thing of us and start thinking of our own poor and needy.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 13:18   #65

That I very much doubt ! During the time he was in power, he took us into 2 wars on no merit whatsoever

IF US HAD NOT INVADED civil war would still have happened. Saddam was not going to live forever and sectarian division was only getting more intense while he was in power. Other countries even less concerned with the quality of life of ordinary Iraqis were already trying to invade Iraq. Saudi Arabia Iran and Turkey, have all made attempts and there would have been nothing to stop them if coalition forces hadn’t been present. If the US had not been there far more people would have died.

WMD was only one of the points made by Bush and Blair, Blair was making the case for going into Iraq on humanitarian grounds in 1997 (when Bush was a nobody), the US senate passed the Iraq liberation act unanimously in 1998 on humanitarian grounds.
archiveuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 17:40   #66
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Sorry.

My mistake.

Foreign aid wasn't ring-fenced, and is being changed.

The budget is being increased by 37%.

Three cheers for good ol' Blighty.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 17:47   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I'm sorry to make the comparison with what's happening in Hyndburn, but....

Would you care to put up a case for the defence, preferably without referring to a Labour administration cocking things up? We had one year of 'power' in 2004 and balanced the books and yet now we're in debt again.

13 years of Labour rule, let's get that out of the way for starters. Now, what else?
First of all for heavens sack get the year right, then we can talk, if you can be bother to post a correct date doubt anything else is even close, which I know it isn't
Old 20-10-2010, 17:59   #68
God Member

r.i.p. britain another600,000 on the dole plus the knock on effects 20% vat in january, rising train fares,over seas aid raised? just dont get it,lets let prisoners out early so much for party of law order ohh and less police on the streets and more criminals on the street making soldiers who gave there all in war redundant.same old tories doing the opposite of what they say they stand for.
Old 20-10-2010, 18:03   #69
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Sorry.

My mistake.

Foreign aid wasn't ring-fenced, and is being changed.

The budget is being increased by 37%.

Three cheers for good ol' Blighty.
That is just not right.
Old 20-10-2010, 18:07   #70
God Member

and how are they going to save £9 billion pounds off the welfare budget be very afraid.
Old 20-10-2010, 18:08   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
r.i.p. britain another600,000 on the dole plus the knock on effects 20% vat in january, rising train fares,over seas aid raised? just dont get it,lets let prisoners out early so much for party of law order ohh and less police on the streets and more criminals on the street making soldiers who gave there all in war redundant.same old tories doing the opposite of what they say they stand for.
Give it a rest CS your getting boring, why done you go in the chat room and have a chin wag with Mancie, your the only ones who thick there's nothing wrong, when e are paying £43 billion n interest on debts left by Labour, harsh measures have to be take, like they always have when Labour leave power
Old 20-10-2010, 18:09   #72
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
and how are they going to save £9 billion pounds off the welfare budget be very afraid.
The first thing they appear to want to do is make sure those claiming incapacity type benefits are genuine.

Do you think that is wrong of the Government?
Old 20-10-2010, 18:12   #73
Resting in Peace

Quote:
By getting rid of the scroungers, and getting rid of the benefits culture which now engulfs the country, your right be very afraid if your a dolloper, as you could be asked to work for a living
Old 20-10-2010, 18:12   #74
Senior Member+

Closer to home, it means Hyndburn Council reducing its budget by 7.1% per annum over 4 years.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 18:51   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Give it a rest CS your getting boring, why done you go in the chat room and have a chin wag with Mancie, your the only ones who thick there's nothing wrong, when e are paying £43 billion n interest on debts left by Labour, harsh measures have to be take, like they always have when Labour leave power
cant believe people on here are taking delight on people losing their jobs .they are trying to pull the wool over your eyes how much money do you think they are going to try and pay private contractors what they say will be getting payed by performance rated pay,most companies will be bankrupt or will the tax payer have to bail them out which will cost the taxpayer more money??and by the way ive worked since i was 16 even had 2 jobs for a while to pay my mortgage and dolloper their are no jobs
for the young these days where are they supposed to work when we will have to work to our grave.you just believe the murdoch and bbc propaganda who are in cahoots with the tories i thought you were better than that peoples livelyhoods are at stake and you are trying to justify the tories mking 600,000 people unemployed only a fool cant see it 500,000+ on the dole with less people handlng their claims i see total chaos ahead

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..