Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2005, 03:46   #1
Senior Member+

Regrets you've had in your life?

for me - it was not studying hard enough. as much as a geek i was - i was the one who was always tryna get a girlfriend but now i realise i had no hope in hell *LOL*

i wish i'd just put my head down and studied - i wud love to do it now - but i guess as you get older life just gets more and more complicated.

and i regret spending too much cash on fairweather friends. people who associate with you only when ur spending.

out of 5 from a certain workplace i was at - only one is really worthy in my opinion of keepin in touch. i told the others i cant b bothered with them.
Old 18-07-2005, 08:57   #2
Resting in peace

Re: Regrets you've had in your life?

Don't give up Mani - try the Open University. Millions of others have gone back to education, got degrees, and made new friends. The oldest student I ever met was 84 - so there's still time. I intend to join up again once I've retired, just to keep my mind alive.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 09:30   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

my only big regret is when i was 15 i fell out with my nan,a few weeks later she had an accident and died,i was brought up with her so she was a very special lady to me,the fact that i wasn't speaking to her-and never again got to still troubled me when i was in my 40s.so if anyone is in a similar position to what i was with close family,lifes to short,make the effort,dont go many years beating yourself up.
Old 18-07-2005, 10:19   #4
God Member

I try not to have regrets Mani, any mistakes I've made I've tried to learn from, as for education Pendy is right, there's loads of courses available either open uni or evening classes its never too late!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 11:13   #5

Loaning money to a so-called friend and his wife because they said they were in trouble with the vat man. They turned out to be not friends and I lost several thousand pounds.
BAS___DS>
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 11:23   #6

Never having the money or anyone to teach me to drive is my greatest regret the other is not finishing my degree due to what I thought were circumstances beyond my control at the time. With hindsight I should have carried on with it and ignored or coped with everything else But as they say you live and learn.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 11:51   #7
God Member

I regret putting these kecks on this morning, they've been riding up my jacksy all day !!
Old 18-07-2005, 12:05   #8
mez
God Member

not regretted a thing ive done in my life. the only thing i regret is im getting older he he he
Old 18-07-2005, 12:09   #9
Give, give, give member

I have no regrets. I've done somethings l wish l hadn't, but learning from your own mistakes is a great lesson.

My one fear is being on my death bed and wishing if only...............

I've been lucky, l went to art school and worked in fashion in a job l loved. If you really want to go back and study Mani do it.

I was talking to Cashman and his wife Paris about this while they were looking through my portfolio on Friday. She said she wished she had followed her dream and worked in fashion.

Mani, do it if it's what you want, and the very best of luck.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 12:44   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
My one fear is being on my death bed and wishing if only...............
If only......... I could get some-one to take over for me just at this moment?

Last edited by Less; 18-07-2005 at 12:46.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 13:03   #11
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Regrets you've had in your life?

I can’t think of a real genuine regret, well not a full blown one anyway. There are plenty of “if I had done this another way the outcome might have been better”

Over 15 years ago whilst in my early fifties my heart decided to remind me that my workaholic life style was about to come to an abrupt end and it did.

Turfed out of the hospital with the words, “Go home and rest for the rest of your life” ringing in my ears, I wondered what I was going to do for the next 30 years. Fortunately home computers were coming into fashion so an Amiga 500 found its way into my life. Also as luck would have it I spotted the double page spread ad in the Telegraph extolling the virtues of Blackburn College and the courses available to all.

So from ex workaholic I went straight into an educationaholic and signed up for “O” level Creative Writing, Computing, Electronics and Maths. These were followed by “A” level Creative Writing, Desk Top Publishing, Maths and numerous City & Guilds Modules in Computers and Computing. A second complaint from the old heart put a stop to my intended attempt at a degree in Maths and everything else as well. One thing that I did discover during my ‘school’ days was that I had forgotten how to learn in a classroom. Life’s experiences kept getting in the way.

So mani now is the time to check out the courses available at Blackburn College because they all start again in September.

I like their catch phrase of BLACKB__N COLLEGE – What is missing? UR!
Old 18-07-2005, 13:21   #12

i have 1 regret, MY x wife
.. apest1 ..
apest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 13:24   #13
Beacon of light

Mani.....like all the others on here telling you it is NEVER too late to learn......I'm going to say the same.
I left school at 15 with no qualifications. Went into Nursing at the mature age of 26......did very well and had a fulfilling career for 30 years.......something which I never thought possible.
Whatever your dream.......you Can do it......just believe.

Regrets.......well, only two.......not being able to tell my dad how much he meant to me before he died........and not emigrating to Oz in 1974.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 15:57   #14
God Member

My philosophy is that I'd hate to get to the end (death) and regret NOT doing something. It's ok if you do something and it didn't work out ok but you should never refuse opportunities.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 18:21   #15
Senior Member+

sleeping with another girl behind my ex gf's back i still regret that drunken night to this day

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..