Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2012, 21:25   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Relaxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Through the week on principle no Beer When I do eventually get home it's boots off, a big mug of Spiced Tea (Masala Chai), turn on the puter, and have a smile, groan, head shake at the goings on on here. Then a bit of scoff, Shower more Chai & a bit more puter then off to me pit.

Weekends out & about doing stuff, across to Holland, following the mighty Stanley on line, meeting friends, having a couple of Beers & the odd sweety nippy & again arguing & being obnoxious on here

Ah, simple pleasures for a simple soul.
Nowt wrong with that
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2012, 21:45   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I think I need a dog, when I eventually retire probably when I'm at least seventy I intend to get a Westie and call it Fluffy with a pretty pink collar much to my partner's disgust!
Steve2qec has one of them says its a rabid killer guard dog so beware
Old 07-04-2012, 21:52   #18
Senior Member+

Max thinks they are litttle sheep
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 21:52   #19
Senior Member+

Anne-- I agree the lighter topics are very much welcomed.

Anything that takes my mind off things Is relaxing to an extent. Playing guitar, writing songs, reading & listening to Audiobooks(i do the latter most). I would like to say computer games but some of those are stressful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Walking with Max up the Coppice and blwing the cobwebs away. Coming home to a can of something refeshing and chillng teaching Max new tricks.
Walking up the coppice is quite relaxing though I prefer to walk up there in the summer.

My new android phone has 3D camera option. It can take a panoramic picture. Next time I go up the coppice I am going to test out this feature and I will post pics here. I find taking pictures(up coppice for example) to be quite relaxing.
Old 07-04-2012, 21:56   #20
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
And they're Jockanese, shifty little boogers. We Houndsat one for some friends once, little sod widdled on everything then rolled over all nice as pie as though he was sorry & ours was giving us this look that said "Well go on then, rub his nose in it !" she walked off in disgust when we didn't.
Old 07-04-2012, 21:57   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Anne-- I agree the lighter topics are very much welcomed.

Anything that takes my mind off things Is relaxing to an extent. Playing guitar, writing songs, reading & listening to Audiobooks(i do the latter most). I would like to say computer games but some of those are stressful.

Walking up the coppice is quite relaxing though I prefer to walk up there in the summer.

My new android phone has 3D camera option. It can take a panoramic picture. Next time I go up the coppice I am going to test out this feature and I will post pics here. I find taking pictures(up coppice for example) to be quite relaxing.
Thank you Restless I look forward to seeing your pics, I can't do computer games because they tend to turn me a bit violent (as do board games, jigsaws and ironing!) Much better to avoid them and remain chilled!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 21:59   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
And they're Jockanese, shifty little boogers. We Houndsat one for some friends once, little sod widdled on everything then rolled over all nice as pie as though he was sorry & ours was giving us this look that said "Well go on then, rub his nose in it !" she walked off in disgust when we didn't.
She had a right to one rule for one and another for the visitor, consistency thats all dogs ask for
Old 07-04-2012, 22:02   #23
Full Member+

Quote:
We were gonna get a "Caution, I Live Here!" Westie sign for the front door but decided against it.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 22:12   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
We were gonna get a "Caution, I Live Here!" Westie sign for the front door but decided against it.
I had one a long time ago, before I got married in 1975, he was lovely (the Westie not the new husband!), but I believe they can have a nasty temperament apparently - both dogs and ex husbands oh dear I think I might be digging a hole here so I'll shut up!!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 22:35   #25
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
She had a right to one rule for one and another for the visitor, consistency thats all dogs ask for
Valid point WM221, but she was spoilt rotten the following week for putting up with the little Jockeen ratbag.

And getting back on topic, it was also fun taking the pair of them out & seeing them play together also quite relaxing.
Old 07-04-2012, 22:37   #26
Senior Member+

I am a bit boring just a good book or a ride on the mountain bike does me.Used to be a good game of rugby but to old fat and soft for that now.
Old 07-04-2012, 22:40   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Oh dear
Old 07-04-2012, 23:11   #28

For me it's restoring old clocks or making model boats, with the odd tinnie thrown in.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 23:16   #29
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
making model boats, with the odd tinnie thrown in.
Ah, ballast !
Old 07-04-2012, 23:53   #30

Empty tins do tend to float rather well, but with all the ticking and chiming i think the mrs would like to see me used as ballast.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..