Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 18:08   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Relaxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonx View Post
When was last time Rovers won. Must be very stressful for you.
Thats what I said
Old 08-04-2012, 18:10   #47
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
You're sorely in need of a break then Jay. Or how about relaxing when they've lost, you'd be practically comatose.
No I've just become oblivious to it Dave, but things should pick up on Tuesday
Old 08-04-2012, 19:59   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Get a proper dog.
Every dog is proper My JRT is old, deaf, scruffier than my beard, and dumber than a bag of hammers. Wouldn't trade her for the world. Just looking at the little scruffkin helps me relax.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 20:04   #49
Senior Member+

That's what dogs are for to take away the days stresses. I used to do voluntary work for a charity PAT Dogs (Pets As Therapy) I used to assess volunteers dogs to see if they were suitable to go visiting in hospitals, nursing homes and Hospices etc. The joy that some people get from stroking a dog when they have had to give theirs up is unbelievable.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 20:09   #50
Beacon of light

I swear they know what you are thinking too.

I got the clippers out to trim Gizmo's nails the other day....and he was growling before I got anywhere near the drawer where they are kept.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 20:13   #51
God Member

Sometimes I like to do ... well ... nothing. But only after I've done something ... dishes, floors, laundry, basement ... all that kind of stuff. Makes "nothing" seem a little more precious. Trying to restore a couple of old Lee Enfields. Trying to master the airbrush I bought last year. And fishing. Nothing like fishing ... from the shore, in a boat, through the ice. Some days, like today, I'll go out and drive my cab, followed by a stop at the Beer Store, or the liquor store. Sparking up a big fat one and watching my fish tank .... But nothing really planned; relaxing has to be a spur-of-the-moment thing. Well, for me it has.
Old 08-04-2012, 21:03   #52
Beacon of light

You are right Eric....doing nothing has to be punctuated by doing something.
You never really know when you have finished doing nothing.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:52   #53
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Margaret I've become well versed at doing nothing, I've been practicing it for about four years now and have got it of to a tee
Old 09-04-2012, 09:52   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
For some reason this brings to mind an exchange I had with my gran, back in the days when the Earth was young and you could still see piles of horse manure in the cobbled street. Gran: "What ti doin' lad"? Of course, immediately on guard, and on edge, wondering what I was in trouble for, I answered, "Nowt, gran". In a weaving-shed voice, one that could have been heard over a dozen looms: "WELL DO SUMMAT, SUMMAT USEFUL." Sometimes, I feel a little guilty about doing nowt. I know who to blame for that.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:08   #55
God Member

Quote:
That's what dogs are for to take away the days stresses. I used to do voluntary work for a charity PAT Dogs (Pets As Therapy) I used to assess volunteers dogs to see if they were suitable to go visiting in hospitals, nursing homes and Hospices etc. The joy that some people get from stroking a dog when they have had to give theirs up is unbelievable.
We have similar programs in K'town. And there is another one .... I've been trying to find a link in the archives of the local rag, but no luck so far .... a dog that goes into schools to help kids who have difficulty with reading, usually those in the poorer areas of town. Kids who refuse to read to a human, will quite happily read to this dog. Amazing critters! Can you imagine how empty your life would be without a dog?
Old 09-04-2012, 10:14   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
We have similar programs in K'town. And there is another one .... I've been trying to find a link in the archives of the local rag, but no luck so far .... a dog that goes into schools to help kids who have difficulty with reading, usually those in the poorer areas of town. Kids who refuse to read to a human, will quite happily read to this dog. Amazing critters! Can you imagine how empty your life would be without a dog?
They are part of the family
Old 09-04-2012, 12:18   #57
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Can't beat them, they seem to know instinctively how you're feeling & will respond accordingly, absolutely grand animals Dogs.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:24   #58
Senior Member+

When I come home from work I just have to look at Max and say " Have you a job to do?" and he responds by bringing my slippers to me from wherever he has left them. He plays with them when I am out but never wrecks anything.
Old 09-04-2012, 18:04   #59
Resting in Peace

Quote:
When I come home from work I just have to look at Max and say " Have you a job to do?" and he responds by bringing my slippers to me from wherever he has left them. He plays with them when I am out but never wrecks anything.
Don't know about Max ya should have called him Jeeves
Old 09-04-2012, 21:49   #60
God Member

going to teh caravan...

leave work at 4pm stressed and busy in my head as anything, pick up wife and kids, drive to blackpool to our van on Marton mere

Open beer, order take away, sit down and RELAX......

get kids into bed after food and the nights our own... read a magazine(classic cars usually) listen to some classical or Real Radio if that takes our fancy...

spend weekend playing with the kids and just enjoying what life is around us..

no stress, no pressure, no fuss

Bliss

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..