Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2010, 18:59   #31
God Member

Re: Royal Wedding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I've been awarded a grant to crochet commerative tea cosies, celebrating the fact that this is the first Royal bride in history, of a direct heir to the throne, that's known to have lost her virginity to someone else.

Orders now being taken.
We have a right to know exactly how much you have been awarded and which body made this grant. By the way, how much is the Victorian swimming gala costing?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2010, 19:04   #32
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
We have a right to know exactly how much you have been awarded and which body made this grant. By the way, how much is the Victorian swimming gala costing?
I will tell you the actual cost only after you've given me your credit card details, and payment has been received, and your cosy has been dispatched to your home.

Otherwise your enjoyment of this delightful commerative souvenir could be spoiled.

What Victorian swimming gala?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 19:07   #33
Senior Member+

I was going to watch the news tonight,but nothing else would seem to be happening in the world, except the wedding. I even switched to Fox news, and guess what was on that.We are not going 12 months this are we.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 19:08   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
What Victorian swimming gala?
The waterless one on Broadway. Surely you haven't forgotten?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 19:08   #35
Give, give, give member

I see leg o'mutton sleeves.

Old 16-11-2010, 19:13   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
I was going to watch the news tonight,but nothing else would seem to be happening in the world, except the wedding. I even switched to Fox news, and guess what was on that.We are not going 12 months this are we.
Try Russia News Today, Bernard, (Channel 85 Freeview...dunno about SKY). There's nowt on there yet - no surprise, really.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 19:15   #37
Give, give, give member

Quote:
The waterless one on Broadway. Surely you haven't forgotten?
Oh, THE art happening of the cultural year?

That Victorian Swimming Gala actually receives capitalisation, because of it's value to us.

I believe extra funding was secured, to faciltate this.

HYNDBURN ACTIVITY | Creativity Works

Old 16-11-2010, 19:18   #38
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
By the way, how much is the Victorian swimming gala costing?
I will tell you after the event even if my freedom if information gets back before the event
Old 16-11-2010, 19:20   #39
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I will tell you after the event even if my freedom if information gets back before the event
Is there not too many 'ifs' in there, even for you?

That's probably why it's going close to the deadline...supplying so many requests for the same information.

Old 16-11-2010, 19:46   #40

Darts on itv4 Tealeaf.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 21:08   #41
God Member

All very nice...who pays for the wedding?...what with all the cuts and "we are all in this together"

Last edited by Mancie; 16-11-2010 at 21:12.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 21:23   #42
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
All very nice...who pays for the wedding?...what with all the cuts and "we are all in this together"
Now, come on, Mancie, you can do better than that. I was really looking forward to a classic "this elitist charade is a mere sideshow devised by the capitalist state to protect its vested class interests, an outmoded relic from our feudal, imperialist past, a grotesque mockery of the sufferings of the noble proletariat ground underfoot by the robber-barons of the ruling classes etc etc etc..." type rant. So, come on, let rip!
Old 16-11-2010, 21:38   #43
God Member

Terrible...I went down the pub and that's all they were talking about there. It's like Colditz - you can't escape from it. There's even Colditz on the telly..that seems to be the only alternative.

Anyway, some clever buggar was saying that at the '81 Royal Wedding, each Borough sent a wedding present. So I'm just wandering now what Britcliffe will send - if he's still head honcho. Maybe we can send Katie a crotched hat and maybe Wills a Stanley season ticket..it's only about a three hour drive up from North Wales.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 21:46   #44

Funny how things work out, william and kate announce their engagement this morning, then the winner of the first race at fakenham today is called Tocatchaprince at 8/1 wonder how many had a bet on that after this morning.
Rob249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 21:49   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Maybe we can send Katie a crotched hat and maybe Wills a Stanley season ticket..it's only about a three hour drive up from North Wales.

He could just drive over the border and get a lift from most of the Stanley team
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..