Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2015, 20:16   #91
I am Banned

Re: Royal Wedding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I don't like going against the grain,so I'll keep it short,all she really had to do was not die
Congratulations to her for becoming the longest migrant that has managed to scrounge our benefits......it'll take some going to beat her.
Your revealing ignorance yet again, she is not a migrant, her ancestors have lived here probably longer than yours, as for scrounging our benefits, the income from Crown lands of Lancasire which have been in the hand of the monachy since the 1300's which go to the goverment, far outweigh her cost to the country.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2015, 22:27   #92
Senior Member+

She is of far greater value to this country than the dipstick with his perverse obsession for the sexual abuse of children
Old 09-09-2015, 23:11   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Your revealing ignorance yet again, she is not a migrant, her ancestors have lived here probably longer than yours, as for scrounging our benefits, the income from Crown lands of Lancasire which have been in the hand of the monachy since the 1300's which go to the goverment, far outweigh her cost to the country.
But I've prehistoric ancestors buried under Accy Stanley football club that use to hunt dinosaurs

I know she adds to our economy (and served during the war ) and as much as I prefer her to having a scameron&co as president etc,taking money from the civil list (when your a multimillionaire(ess) is scrounging taxpayers hard earned brass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
She is of far greater value to this country than the dipstick with his perverse obsession for the sexual abuse of children

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:05   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
I don't like going against the grain...
Who are you trying to kid?
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:30   #95
Beacon of light

So you don't mind the money that is being taken from your pocket by greedy self serving MP's but you do no like the queen taking what is her due from the privy purse.
This is an 89 year old lady who continues to work for this country. She could have put her feet up years ago and handed the crown to her (loony) son Charles....but she vowed to serve the people of this country for all of her life. That is what she is doing.
If you cannot say anything positive, then perhaps you should say nothing, rather than making yourself sound ridiculous.....and back pedalling again(you'd rather have her than scameron is what you said)
Greeny and JCB like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:58   #96
Senior Member+

Your trying to put words into my mouth M,you know I despise MP's (nearly as much as I despiae the royals).Could we not have a ceremonial President like Germany

password--Accyweb
Old 10-09-2015, 10:12   #97
Beacon of light

No I am not trying to do anything of the sort.
A ceremonial President would still need to be paid, would claim expenses, would still be corruptible and would not bring in the same revenue as the queen does(in tourism).
If you value your history, and the history of the country so poorly then I feel very sad for you.
The Queen has, and is doing a sterling job.
I would rather have her on the throne than her son, Charlie boy....So long may she reign!(I hope she lives to be 110)
Greeny and JCB like this.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:47   #98
JCB

Quote:
Your trying to put words into my mouth M,you know I despise MP's (nearly as much as I despiae the royals).Could we not have a ceremonial President like Germany
Why do you despise the Queen ?

At least you can do so without being in fear of being carted off to the Tower to await beheading .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:31   #99
God Member

It is not generally known that the queen and philip have been charged with complicity in the disappearance of some canadian orphans - case referred to-
International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State (ITCCS)

The only surviving witness to the event has died unexpectedly shortly before he was due to give evidence.
The following links are just two mentions of this on the web - there are more.

Star Eyewitness who named Queen of England in Abduction of Aboriginal Children dies suddenly in Vancouver Hospital | Welcome to ITCCS.ORG and The International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State

https://inpursuitofhappiness.wordpre...-missing-kids/

Philip is said to have had several affairs, including the queens cousin Alexandra of Kent.
https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...5,292467&hl=en

I do not care whether the allegations are true or lies.
I just choose not to automatically assume they are not true.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 13:23   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

https://inpursuitofhappiness.wordpre...-missing-kids/

Philip is said to have had several affairs, including the queens cousin
Many people, me included choose not to believe everything reported is true, I am no royalist by any stretch, but i fail to see the the point of highlighting allegations of Phillips affairs, have anything at all to do with the Queens long reign.
Old 10-09-2015, 15:25   #101
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

I do not care whether the allegations are true or lies.
But , Margaret , do you choose , as far as you are able , to check their accuracy before posting them on a forum ?
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 18:34   #102
Senior Member+

I don't despise the lady that is Liz (though I am envious of her dentition ),it's more I fail to see how the royals can are justified in modern Britain.
She doesn't need the money she gets from the public purse so why dip into it when there's so much poverty amongst her people?

When I ask myself does she really care about 'her people',I always come to the same conclusion and that is she doesn't give a flying about the people....

....Without mentioning tourism,feel free to try and explain why their needed/justified I may change I view on them

password--Accyweb
Old 10-09-2015, 18:45   #103
Beacon of light

It does not matter what anyone says....you would not be convinced.
Why do you think she does not care about the people?
Do you think those who are voted into power give a flying whatever? Of course they don t the only thing that figures in their outlook is money, position and making sure they are in a better position than us. They care nothing at all for you and me.
The Queen has been a tireless worker for this country for the whole of her life..She has gone to countries and promoted Britain, everything about Britain.
If you cannot work out how the Royal family benefits this country by yourself then you are nowhere near as smart as you think you are
Rowlf likes this.
Old 10-09-2015, 19:12   #104
Full Member+

Well said Margaret. The Crown has a stabilising effect on things while the politicians come and go while grabbing all they can along the way. Every country has to have a Head of State .Our monarchy system may not be without flaws but it is infinitely better than having a President who I have no doubt would cost far more than a Monarch.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 19:19   #105
Beacon of light

Yes, you are right. Spot on Rowlf.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..