Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2005, 10:37   #46
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Sad Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
How bloody inconsiderate of people to go into labour on Christmas day Lettie. Can people not do what I did??

I was due with my second little boy on 23rd December 1998. But to save loads of hard work for the midwives, i had him on the 13th December instead............see what a considerate person I am
That's really considerate of you Slinky. I wish everyone could be so obliging. My mate went into labour on Christmas day 13 years ago. She downright refused to go to hospital until she'd had her Xmas dinner, and just made it to the hospital with a few minutes to spare. It's ace when people do that, cuts down on loads of paperwork...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2005, 10:40   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
That's really considerate of you Slinky. I wish everyone could be so obliging. My mate went into labour on Christmas day 13 years ago. She downright refused to go to hospital until she'd had her Xmas dinner, and just made it to the hospital with a few minutes to spare. It's ace when people do that, cuts down on loads of paperwork...
Never let anything get in the way of a good meal. Imagine booking Christmas day for a birth its not on the poor baby would be scared for life as having a birthday on the most important day of the year must be terrible.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 10:50   #48
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

When Christmas is approaching whenever you do your shopping there is always a couple in the check-out in front of you with three trolleys, one filled with wine and spirits, the second with different cans of beer and the third filled with the most exotic foods imaginable (with a token packet of six Monster Munch on top).

As you drift towards sleep because you know that she will be paying and hasn't even looked in her purse yet for her credit card, one of them always turns to you and says, "Kids Eh? if it wasn't for them we wouldn't bother with Christmas!".
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 10:54   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
When Christmas is approaching whenever you do your shopping there is always a couple in the check-out in front of you with three trolleys, one filled with wine and spirits, the second with different cans of beer and the third filled with the most exotic foods imaginable (with a token packet of six Monster Munch on top).

As you drift towards sleep because you know that she will be paying and hasn't even looked in her purse yet for her credit card, one of them always turns to you and says, "Kids Eh? if it wasn't for them we wouldn't bother with Christmas!".
Sounds like their kids have a serious drink problem.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 23-11-2005, 11:44   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Sorry Lettie but that was also me 14 years ago this xmas. Went into labour in midnight mass and went home and managed till about 4am, rang hospital and although my contractions were not that regular they advised me to go in as it was a prem labour. Funny thing was making my then husband stop as we went up shadsworth road so I could get out of the car and crawl on all 4's to get through a really bad contraction!! He was finally born at 9.26am so was back up on the ward in time for xmas lunch! The happy ending was that he required no special care (6weeks early) as I had already been in prem labour (at 26 weeks which they managed to stop and was given medication to build babies lungs up) and he was a healthy 6lb 2oz but covered in jet black hair all over (lanugo)... aww bless.

SO ON BEHALF OF ALL MOTHERS WHO HAVE GIVEN BIRTH ON XMAS DAY....THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT SUCH A SPECIAL DAY. My mum and husband were even provided with xmas lunch in the staff canteen with a beer and a glass of wine!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!

Last edited by harwood red; 23-11-2005 at 11:47.
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 12:19   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
Sorry Lettie but that was also me 14 years ago this xmas. Went into labour in midnight mass and went home and managed till about 4am, rang hospital and although my contractions were not that regular they advised me to go in as it was a prem labour. Funny thing was making my then husband stop as we went up shadsworth road so I could get out of the car and crawl on all 4's to get through a really bad contraction!! He was finally born at 9.26am so was back up on the ward in time for xmas lunch! The happy ending was that he required no special care (6weeks early) as I had already been in prem labour (at 26 weeks which they managed to stop and was given medication to build babies lungs up) and he was a healthy 6lb 2oz but covered in jet black hair all over (lanugo)... aww bless.

SO ON BEHALF OF ALL MOTHERS WHO HAVE GIVEN BIRTH ON XMAS DAY....THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT SUCH A SPECIAL DAY. My mum and husband were even provided with xmas lunch in the staff canteen with a beer and a glass of wine!!!!

6 weeks early, Jesus now there's a kid that couldn't wait for father Christmas

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 12:48   #52
God Member

Quote:
How many kids do you know who wait so calm cool and collect for Christmas?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 23-11-2005, 23:10   #53
God Member

Quote:
Yeah but would you believe he's 5'9" tall already!!! Def would never believe he was prem. Plus we celebrate his birthday on 1st march when he was christened. He gets birthday cards and cake on xmas day and pressies and party on 1st march so he still gets a special day like everyone else. We've always called it Party day

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 23:11   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
Yeah but would you believe he's 5'9" tall already!!! Def would never believe he was prem. Plus we celebrate his birthday on 1st march when he was christened. He gets birthday cards and cake on xmas day and pressies and party on 1st march so he still gets a special day like everyone else. We've always called it Party day
A very lucky laddie i say.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..