Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2005, 09:05   #31
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Sad Christmas

In that case it should be illegal to have a baby on Christmas Day too... I am also working Xmas Day and Boxing Day, and believe me it can be the busiest day of the year..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2005, 09:27   #32
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
Yeah just think of all the poor people that wont be having a good time this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POOR ME!!!!!

I have to work on Christmas day!!!!!

My day will be spent, juggling, Trying to spend time with kids and ginger, while getting ready for work................I think that all old peoples families should take them home from the 23rd December til 3rd January. Give us poor carers a break...............FAT CHANCE!!!

Slinks that's reallly tight.

Not only do you have to look after the old dears, you are expected to entertain them as well with your juggling skills.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 09:49   #33
God Member

Quote:
Yeah just think of all the poor people that wont be having a good time this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POOR ME!!!!!

I have to work on Christmas day!!!!!

My day will be spent, juggling, Trying to spend time with kids and ginger, while getting ready for work................I think that all old peoples families should take them home from the 23rd December til 3rd January. Give us poor carers a break...............FAT CHANCE!!!
My gran is in a care home and is not fit enough to be with family. I sypithise but I have the same problem as the rota is out for Christmas and New Year and I have copped Christmas Day. Onthe up side I have my daughter Boxing Day so thats my Christmas Day.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 09:52   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
My gran is in a care home and is not fit enough to be with family. I sypithise but I have the same problem as the rota is out for Christmas and New Year and I have copped Christmas Day. Onthe up side I have my daughter Boxing Day so thats my Christmas Day.
Yeah!! me and ginger said we will have our Christmas day on boxing day this year. The Christmas dinner will be served on boxing day.
I am also working on New years eve until 8pm, but that doesn't bother me SO much as i am home in time to still party and I am off new years day, which is good because last year i had HANGOVER from hell, and walked into work at 2pm in afternoon still looking like HULK . So at least this year i can just curl on settee and enjoy my hangover hehehe

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 09:57   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Slinks that's reallly tight.

Not only do you have to look after the old dears, you are expected to entertain them as well with your juggling skills.
No I am not entertaining them on christmas day. I think this is a better Idea.................

Me walk into work at 2pm
Me get bottle of vodka out of bag at 2:05pm
Me sit down at 2:06pm with bottle and full glass
Me drunk by 3pm
Old folk entertaining me by 3:10pm
Me getting sacked at 3:15pm
Me home enjoying the rest of my Christmas day by 3:20pm

Now this sounds better to me lol.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-11-2005, 09:58   #36
God Member

Quote:
Yeah!! me and ginger said we will have our Christmas day on boxing day this year. The Christmas dinner will be served on boxing day.
I am also working on New years eve until 8pm, but that doesn't bother me SO much as i am home in time to still party and I am off new years day, which is good because last year i had HANGOVER from hell, and walked into work at 2pm in afternoon still looking like HULK . So at least this year i can just curl on settee and enjoy my hangover hehehe
Oh dear forgot the fact that New Year is a 2 day holiday up here. Need it as the drinking starts at the bells and carries on all day. WHile most of GB is back at work on the 2nd Scotland for the most part will still be sobering up. A annual 36 hour bender needs a serious amount of time to recover from.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 23-11-2005, 10:00   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
In that case it should be illegal to have a baby on Christmas Day too... I am also working Xmas Day and Boxing Day, and believe me it can be the busiest day of the year..
How bloody inconsiderate of people to go into labour on Christmas day Lettie. Can people not do what I did??

I was due with my second little boy on 23rd December 1998. But to save loads of hard work for the midwives, i had him on the 13th December instead............see what a considerate person I am

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-11-2005, 10:02   #38
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Oh dear forgot the fact that New Year is a 2 day holiday up here. Need it as the drinking starts at the bells and carries on all day. WHile most of GB is back at work on the 2nd Scotland for the most part will still be sobering up. A annual 36 hour bender needs a serious amount of time to recover from.
Yeah a couple of weeks recovery time before Burns night!

Happy days, I remember it well

Now where's that survey about Scotland being the most unhealthy country in the western world?

Old 23-11-2005, 10:02   #39
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
The ghostly vision we call Garinda, stands at the end of A-bernezer's Care Bear's four poster bed, the one with the matching pelmet.

'Whoooooooo. Whhhhhhhoooooooo. Whhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooo.'

A-bernezer awakens to see the vision of wispy loveliness. Garinda decides to ignore the little tent that has appeared under the Care Bears duvet.

'A-bernezer Scrouge, you've been a miserable old ****** all year.'

'You will give poor tiny Tim more than a goose this Christmas. You'll give him stuffing as well, with all the trimmings.'

A-bernezer sees that Garinda is right, and from now on he'll be as giddy as a giddy kipper that's had to much of his favorite gin.

God bless us, each and every one, even old A-bernezer.
Perhaps if you are the ghost of Christmas past, then this painful memory is the reason for his hatred of the season?
When next you appear as Christmas present instead of Humbug you could let him have a suck on a couple of Uncle Joes Mint balls? This may remove the horrible taste of your last meeting!
I know these sweets come from the exotic and far away land of Wigan but even that town was in Lancashire once so it might not be too foreign to him

Rindy as Christmas Present
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 10:06   #40
Give, give, give member

Wigan pie capital of the world.

A pie filled with that other Wigan delicacy Uncle Joe's Mintballs, yummmmm.

Now that appeals to me, Mater Bun the baker's son.

Old 23-11-2005, 10:18   #41
God Member

Quote:
Yeah a couple of weeks recovery time before Burns night!

Now where's that survey about Scotland being the most unhealthy country in the western world?
Partying is a way of life up here. Scots keep the drinks company profits high

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 23-11-2005, 10:20   #42
God Member

Fiddlesticks I am in Accy on Burns night. Must find out were the meal is and the whiskey.

A month of drinking from Christmas to Rabs night now thats partying.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 23-11-2005, 10:22   #43
I am Banned

Quote:
me too ..................................

chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 10:33   #44
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Fiddlesticks I am in Accy on Burns night. Must find out were the meal is and the whiskey.

A month of drinking from Christmas to Rabs night now thats partying.
I will be spending Burns night at the Calf's Head at Worston. We have a works Burns Night do every year instead of a Christmas do. I'm looking forward to my haggis....it's yummy..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 10:36   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
I will be spending Burns night at the Calf's Head at Worston. We have a works Burns Night do every year instead of a Christmas do. I'm looking forward to my haggis....it's yummy..
Cant beat a good Burns supper Lettie especially if its a proper haggis.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..