Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2007, 08:46   #16
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: SCUM of our town

if the parents are vicious then that dog might be too, thats why they say you should see BOTH parents, when purchasing a dog, that why im humming and ahhhing wether to buy a dog thats a stray, as i dont know its temperment or background it may seem soft but it could turn anytime!!!

ANY dog is a potential threat!!
Old 05-04-2007, 09:08   #17
Senior Member+

As a kids i have been bitten by dogs a couple of times like kisser and dogs scare me and the kids and it scares me to think what would happen if one of these dogs got hold of my children.

It was a dog that killed my very much loved cat.

I wont say i dont like all dogs but im very causious around all dogs they can be very powerful animals.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:10   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FELIX View Post
http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/...p_attacks.html

Would love to know which scumbag is responsible for this...... I hope they get what's coming to them, before they target any more innocent animals.

Makes my blood boil
How many sheep have you eaten in your life ?
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:18   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
How many sheep have you eaten in your life ?

Good point. I really want t be a veggie but when I have tried previously I have lasted a couple of days before I have ended up eating meat again. I'm not a great cook as it is and when I do rustle up somethin proper it is always a meat based dish.

In fact this post signals the start of my new found vegetarian status! Any advice/easy recipe ideas would be gratefully received....

BTW I don't think the fact that I have eaten sheep bears any significance on this topic. This was a barbaric attack inflicted by some losers with a dog to make them feel tough, on some unsuspecting farm animals who were torn to shreds and left to die from their injuries. Does the fact that they were eventually going to be eaten mean that this attack was acceptable....? NO. Is it only vegetarians who are allowed to be disgusted.... NO

FELIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:42   #20
Resting in Peace

I was at the lake district a few weeks ago, and went to the sheep centre there:
I was lucky enough to get to feed a new born lamb.... the farmer there said:
" Don't tell me you are not going to eat lamb again" if I have heard that once heard it a 100 times...
If people did not eat lamb and other meats... then we would not get to see lambs simple... plus it would put
an end to a lot of farms and so on.....
I was a vegetarian for a good few years, thought I am not now: it was hard because all you got to eat when dining out was something like pasta bake and veggie lasagne, however there is a lot more choice now a days:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..