Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2007, 22:37   #1

Angry SCUM of our town

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/...p_attacks.html

Would love to know which scumbag is responsible for this...... I hope they get what's coming to them, before they target any more innocent animals.

Makes my blood boil

FELIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-04-2007, 01:09   #2
God Member

Re: SCUM of our town

I live not far away. People walk past my door with dogs all day long -dog s**t everywhere - dog fights often - cats are mauled - bring back the dog licence and make it EXPENSIVE!!!! -so only responsible people are likely to want to own one - ie -if it costs they are more likely to take more care

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:20   #3
Resting in peace

Have you noticed dogs that people seem to keep these day's, are all the fancy sort you used to see film stars etc with, gone are the day's of the old 'mut' that next doors bitch had as result of an 'accident', saved from the tub with your youngest ,and you hadn't the heart to send them back with it. Eventually it grew into the most popular member of the family, and took the best place in the house over, the front of the fire, it's not the dogs fault these terrible things happen with them, not only killing sheep but also children to, the owners who buy these selectivly inbred dogs are the ones at fault, these animals are just an extension of their owners personalities, not like our 'Monty' used to be like.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:58   #4
Full Member+

In Germany there are laws about what dogs you can bring with you when you come from the States. My Normie is a black Lab / Beagle mix resuced from the pound after his previous owners abused him. He is a big Kid so I dont know what therir problem was. He loves kids and will stand guard over babies.
If you break into my home he will lick you to death (over friendly)
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:54   #5
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

that is absolutley dreadful, these dogs are left to walk the streets, it could be a child next!! once a dog as taste for blood thats it!! the owners should be sent to prison, not fined!!

Last edited by Len; 04-04-2007 at 17:04. Reason: fixed:
panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:28   #6
I am Banned

It makes me feel so sad to hear about anything like this. There isnt a lot that can affect me but this sort of act does. Any cruelty to animals just makes me soo upset. I saw a picture in the sun a while back of a dalmation dog hanging from a tree. What sort of sick twisted people do that. If i found them id do it back to them and alot worse. The punishment for that is just pathetic.
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:16   #7

HERE HEREI AGREE WITH YOU ALL THE WAY
Old 04-04-2007, 11:39   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I live not far away. People walk past my door with dogs all day long -dog s**t everywhere - dog fights often - cats are mauled - bring back the dog licence and make it EXPENSIVE!!!! -so only responsible people are likely to want to own one - ie -if it costs they are more likely to take more care

Yes I agree, there should be tougher penelties for owners who dont give a toss about what their animals do and where they sh....
Old 04-04-2007, 13:35   #9
God Member

Its appaling, hope the dogs are found and destroyed and the owner found and fined!
I remember the guy with the cows too, didn't he also do a horse or was that another sicko!
Old 04-04-2007, 15:02   #10
Beacon of light

Quote:
- bring back the dog licence and make it EXPENSIVE!!!! -so only responsible people are likely to want to own one - ie -if it costs they are more likely to take more care

Whilst in some ways I agree with this......what about the dogs owned and loved by pensioners? Would you have them pay the same fees for a licence to own a dog...maybe the only company they have?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 16:45   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

Whilst in some ways I agree with this......what about the dogs owned and loved by pensioners? Would you have them pay the same fees for a licence to own a dog...maybe the only company they have?
The cost of feeding a dog isn't cheap (if it's done right) - A pensioner who:-
is not living in accommodation which prohibits pets,
is still agile enough to excercise it properly,
can afford vet's fees and/or pet insurance

should consider themselves amongst the priviliged few and not begrudge it

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 16:54   #12
Resident Waffler

Dogs should never be allowed to wander free on their own. I hope these dogs are found and destroyed because once they've tasted blood they will hunt again - more sheep, other dogs, someone's cat .......... a child.

The owner should be heavily fined too.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 19:25   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Have you noticed dogs that people seem to keep these day's, are all the fancy sort you used to see film stars etc with, gone are the day's of the old 'mut' that next doors bitch had as result of an 'accident', saved from the tub with your youngest ,and you hadn't the heart to send them back with it. Eventually it grew into the most popular member of the family, and took the best place in the house over, the front of the fire, it's not the dogs fault these terrible things happen with them, not only killing sheep but also children to, the owners who buy these selectivly inbred dogs are the ones at fault, these animals are just an extension of their owners personalities, not like our 'Monty' used to be like.
Have to agree with you, it's the owners to blame for letting them roam and, as the farmer has said, it must have been obvious to the owners when they did go home that they'd attacked something and yet they haven't come forward. I agree as well that 'mutts' make much better pets than pedigrees, we have a proper 'Heinz 57' , just the sort you describe, not pretty to look at in any sense of the word but I wouldn't swap him for anything
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 19:34   #14
Beacon of light

Quote:
The cost of feeding a dog isn't cheap (if it's done right) - A pensioner who:-
is not living in accommodation which prohibits pets,
is still agile enough to excercise it properly,
can afford vet's fees and/or pet insurance

should consider themselves amongst the priviliged few and not begrudge it
Margaret, I agree that feeding any animal isn't cheap, and I know some pensioners who give their pets good food and go without themselves.
For some pensioners their pet is the only company they have. The cost of a licence...especially if as you request, the government makes it expensive, won't penalise the younger people who have the money for anything (or so it seems)....it may just make owning a dog too expensive for a pensioner.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 20:14   #15

I was attacked by a dog when I was little, it mauled my arm and I still have the scars - but I was lucky, it let go and ran off. To this day I am still terrified of dogs, will cross the road to avoid walking past one on a lead, so god knows what I would be like if I saw one off a lead with no owner near by.

Dogs sense my fear, and many dogs now growl or pull on their owners lead to get to me. I would not trust ANY dog - no matter how tame, or loving, or friendly they are. All dogs are capable of biting.

I get fed-up with the number of times an owner will say, oh dont be silly - he's as soft as anything. Let that dog come anywhere near me and it almost certainly starts growling.

I'm like that kid from the Omen I think!!!
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..