Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2006, 12:27   #91
I am Banned

Re: Sex headlines.

at the risk of repeating myself..

in order to continue argueing with neil i would have to lower my intelligence to that of an idiot where he would clearly beat me on experience

i therefore have no option but to withdraw and bow down to his superior lack of intelligence
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-01-2006, 13:26   #92

Thanks Doug. It's good to have some intelligent debate without it degrading into personal insults.

I shall miss it when I go
vitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2006, 13:47   #93
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
i therefore have no option but to withdraw and bow down to his superior intelligence
Does that mean I was right all along?
Old 28-01-2006, 15:01   #94
Full Member+

Talking Re: Sex headlines.

I remember a wonderful story; some years ago a young lady was seen swimming naked for a few sundays on the trot in the lodge where the fire station now stands. She was upsetting the fishermen as she was scaring the fish away. This story was printed ( I think ) in the Observer. The following Sunday, Hyndburn Road was choc a block with cars!!..... I could`nt ever find anywhere to park my bike!
Old 28-01-2006, 15:20   #95
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitty
It's good to have some intelligent debate without it degrading into personal insults.
I don't think it degraded into personal insults did it?

You answered my questions, unsatisfactorily in my book, but we will have to disagree on the merits of this story and it's headline.

I too wish you all the best.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2006, 16:01   #96
I am Banned

its only an insult if the person its aimed at takes it as an insult

i havnt been botherd by antything said and i doubt neil has either but i cant speak for him

friendly banter is how i see everything on here although it does get close to the bone at times
Old 28-01-2006, 16:40   #97
Member.

Quote:
Thanks Doug. It's good to have some intelligent debate without it degrading into personal insults.

I shall miss it when I go
Vitty, your only going to Hull, just think how bad it could have been “Fleetwood” perhaps. Thanks for the comment it’s appreciated.

One other small point, I have it on good authority that they have the net in Hull therefore Accrington is only a push of a button away. I know it’s not the same as living over in Accy, but its close. You can visit every day and I’m sure you’d be more than welcome.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2006, 17:28   #98
God Member

So in reality you don't know for sure that dogging has ever gone on, only that sexual activity has gone on, which happens on most school fields and waste ground in most towns in the country. You don't know for sure that this dogging story on the net is true, you said the residents talk of sexual activity, but not of people having sex while others watched, and the police have no reports. Strange cos If I wanted something done, and that gate up, I'd be straight on to the police and councillors describing exactly whats going on.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2006, 17:37   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
ask 'slut suzie' doug she's from blackpool and I'm sure she'd oblige.
She has some crackin jokes on her web site doug, and her blog was very interesting. A good source for anyone studying causes and effects of prostitution. People tend to forget that some people like sex to the point that they want it several times a day, and actually want to do itand enjoy it with strangers.
I'm not in to it myself, but I do find the subject interesting.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2006, 18:22   #100
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
friendly banter is how i see everything on here although it does get close to the bone at times
Don't be soft you big girl or I won't buy you a pint tonight
Old 28-01-2006, 18:24   #101
Member.

I actually picked up an Observer this afternoon whiles I was over and it looked even worse in print. My partner said it was disgusting and disgraceful, until I told her it was rife in Blackpool. I also went to great lengths to explain that it happened 3 years back……

Else where in the paper and more interesting.

There is tucked away in the corner of page 53 a letter from Dave Grey of Cambridge fame. It say’s all there is to say about Accrington Stanley, the people behind the scenes, it’s supporters, Accrington and its People…………….If you haven’t done so already, please take the time to read it.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2006, 18:39   #102
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Don't be soft you big girl or I won't buy you a pint tonight
it will take more than 1 pint to get what you want you damn fruit
Old 28-01-2006, 18:50   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I don't think it degraded into personal insults did it?
heh...sorry Garinda, I didn't want it to come across like I meant things did degrade into personal insults with you.

That's the problem when you're using the written medium: things can sometimes be perceived in a different tone than intended.
vitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2006, 18:55   #104
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
it will take more than 1 pint to get what you want you damn fruit
Gary said 2 wicked's and your anyones
Old 29-01-2006, 02:44   #105
Give, give, give member

Quote:
heh...sorry Garinda, I didn't want it to come across like I meant things did degrade into personal insults with you.

That's the problem when you're using the written medium: things can sometimes be perceived in a different tone than intended.
Not at all matey, I was just bemused by your wording re: insults.

Like I said we'll have to disagree on the merits of this being a front page story.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..